English-speaking Therapist in Chiang Mai?

davidmerriweather

Yes, get a good support group as well. feel free to PM me anytime. Trust me, we all have dark times and they never seem like they will end. one of the reasons i really enjoy studying military history; constant reminder how lucky I am to have the freedom and leisure time to read and enjoy such things. but we all have different passions, only yours will work for you. take care....trust me, more people care about you than you think.

• Like 2

Well-done to the op for being up-front about this - far too many don't reach out when crisis strikes,

Sounds like he recognizes that professional help is required but it should be added that there are people in the community up here who can lend an ear and give support and who may be helpful as part of an all-round care package.

IMO we all have a responsibility to look out for one other, especially whilst we are so far away from the familiar support networks of home.

• Like 1

I was once (long ago) a trained Psychiatric Social Worker (M.S.W., UC Berkeley, post-grad internships in India, and at the U.S. National Institute of Mental Health, formerly U.S. board-certified in group psychotherapy).

I am retired, and do not do any kind of "formal practice" now, but I am a human being (at least, I try to be), a cancer survivor, and have too much experience of the human condition's lows, as well as, highs.

If you want a "friendly ear," to correspond with, who will not give you "advice," will not preach/teach or leach, and with whom you can remain completely anonymous, feel free to PM me here.

take care ~o:37;

• Like 2

Do we know if this guy got any help? I do wonder about the 1 post and disappear....

The guy did ask for help via the PM system as opposed to on an open forum, so he obviously didn't want his situation to become an open book.

Maybe he got help and thanked any people who PM'd him.........let's hope he did.

• Like 2