AppleCare for iPhone 6 Plus?

Lammbock

Hello,

I bought a iPhone 6 Plus from TRUE and it has a 1 year warranty. But what after?

I can't figure out how to purchase AppleCare for iPhone in Thailand.

I looked up on their website and they only have it for iMac, MacBook, iPad etc. But not for iPhone.

Do they sell it in the iStudios in Bangkok?...and if not, can I purchase one from the other Apple Stores like USA or Germany or...what ever?

Thanks for any information.

Ok, but can I purchase AppleCare from another country and if something happen to my iPhone during the warranty period will it be covered in Thailand?

Can I go to any iStudio with my iPhone 6 from TRUE and an AppleCare plan from Germany or US or what ever country?

Edited by Lammbock

• 4 weeks later...

iPhones do not have an international warranty like PC products do. Unlikely it will work.

Apparently Apple in Singapore and Hong Kong can take care of warranty issues no matter where you've purchased it - that's according to US online customer support...

I have to send my iPhone 6 back to the US to get fixed.

• 2 weeks later...

iPhones do not have an international warranty like PC products do. Unlikely it will work.

Apparently Apple in Singapore and Hong Kong can take care of warranty issues no matter where you've purchased it - that's according to US online customer support...

Your information differs a little from mine. I wish yours is correct.

I wonder where you bought the iPhone 6 you sent to the US and wonder from where you sent it? Was it shipped back to the original country or did someone bring it back for you?

I seem to recall an issue about mailing batteries or such.

Edited by watcharacters

Your information differs a little from mine. I wish yours is correct.

I wonder where you bought the iPhone 6 you sent to the US and wonder from where you sent it? Was it shipped back to the original country or did someone bring it back for you?

I seem to recall an issue about mailing batteries or such.

I bought it in the US and a friend brought it to Thailand for me. Online customer support told me about the HK and Singapore option, but even if it is true, that would be too expensive. Flying to HK or Singapore to deliver it personally to a service center would be ridiculously expensive if you factor in waiting time, hotels etc. It would be cheaper to buy a new iPhone. That would work well if you had a friend or relative in HK or Singapore to send it in for service.