Second Hand Bookshops In Bangkok

CharlesDavid

Apart from the two Bambina mentioned, there are a few shops right opposite Emporium on Sukhumvit road. I remember seeing one on the main road itself, and there are a few others inside the streed going to a big food supermarket - Foodland?

Guardian

Apart from the two Bambina mentioned, there are a few shops right opposite Emporium on Sukhumvit road. I remember seeing one on the main road itself, and there are a few others inside the streed going to a big food supermarket - Foodland?

Guardian

Elite Books near Foodland is the original used book shop in the Emporium area and is quite good.

elite books is run by a miserable git , and due to the towering and tottering bookshelves and narrow aisles it can be hard dangerous work selecting books.

pricey too , but well stocked.

dasa books is spacious , well stocked and better run , you can sit and read before you buy and the prices are better than elite. coffee and cakes available too. an all round nicer bookbuying experience.

I would rather, as they say, stick needles in my eyes than ever set foot in Elite again. The owner is an arrogant prat who treats you as honored to buy books from him at full price.

There is a far better used bookstore over the 7-Eleven on the corner of Sukhumvit 24 (run by a really nice woman who serves good coffee while you look around) and, as other have pointed out, Dasa Books cafe is just a block or so further down Sukhumvit. Go to both of these. Forget Elite.

Guardian

Elite Books near Foodland is the original used book shop in the Emporium area and is quite good.

NEAR VILLA!!!! :o:D:D(oldasiahand)maybe your the problem.

Edited by causticme

The first bookshop on KSR on your LHS as you enter from the police station end has a really good selection of titles - both fiction and non-fiction on it's two floors - but on the last two occasions I've visited there and have bought about five titles on each occasion the youngish Thai guy has tried to overcharge me - not by much - but on each occasion he used a calculator!

• 9 months later...

Quite an old thread, but still: want to make all of you book-lovers aware of Asia Books outlet on Sukhumvit 61 (you can walk from Sukhumvit). They offer great discounts and on top of the discount (smallest discount is 30% off) you get every fifth book free. The collection is not very well sorted, but worth trying. They also sell all magazines with 60% discount.

edited typo

Edited by sutnyod