Bomb Found In Pattaya?

Patex

Does anybody know something? I was told that a bomb was found on a deserted area near the "LoveInn" Hotel.

Are you sure that you were 'told' correctly?

Maybe you mis-heard, and it was:

'a bum found on the deserted area near the Love Inn Hotel'

Australian, my bet.

Does anybody know something? I was told that a bomb was found on a deserted area near the "LoveInn" Hotel.

Are you sure that you were 'told' correctly?

Maybe you mis-heard, and it was:

'a bum found on the deserted area near the Love Inn Hotel'

Australian, my bet.

That area is heavily mined with them :D:o

Maybe its this..

From Pattayadailynews.com

Huge missile found lying in the heart of Pattaya City

The war weapon, huge missile with 1.5-meter length, and weigh 20 kg.was found in a restaurant garden.

Police rushed to the scene at 12:30 a.m. on July 21 when they received a report from the owner of "Jakjan Jimjoom" Restaurant that one of his staff who was gardening came across a huge missile of 1.5 meter in length left in the middle of the forest.

At the scene the police found the war weapon, which is a huge missile with 1.5-meter length, and weigh 20 kg. It was brought and placed inside the restaurant. Officers and the on-looker that were in within 500-meter range to this weapon were asked to stay away. Later the Ordnance Department of Sattahip Navy Base was called in to inspect and retrieved the weapon. From questioning it was learnt that this weapon is used for destroying the enemy airplane in the war. On the missile there was writing in English saying "2.75 in. rocket motor mk. 40 mod. 3 fz lot 1-3 fzd 84" The missile is still in usable condition.

Police questioned the owner of the restaurant and he told them that he has rented this place to renovate and open as a "Jim Joom" Restaurant. This place used to be an undergrowth forest, people used to dump their rubbish at this place. Before this he has hire a man to cleared up the area, cut down the undergrowth, this man founded the a long object on the ground, he lifted it up to have a look and found that it was a weapon use in the war. The restaurant owner then reported the find to the police. Later the Ordnance Department removed the missile out of the restaurant and took it to a new cut road behind the Chawiang Resort, which is far out from Pattaya City and the Community.

They use an instrument to shoot at the missile and destroy it. It took them 5 hours. The Chief Commander of Ordnance Department mentioned that this weapon is normally found attached to the airplane. It could cause destruction within the range of 100 meters. Police will further investigate as to where the weapon has came from and who was the one left it lying about it Pattaya.

At the scene the police found the war weapon, which is a huge missile with 1.5-meter length, and weigh 20 kg. It was brought and placed inside the restaurant.

nice work clousseau.

It will look good on the mantlepiece untill the ordinance folk arive to "fix" it. :o

At the scene the police found the war weapon, which is a huge missile with 1.5-meter length, and weigh 20 kg. It was brought and placed inside the restaurant.

nice work clousseau.

I love it when non-military people start describing military items. "Huge" missile ! It's only a little over 4 feet long. Sheesh, they don't make many missiles smaller than that !

In fact, it isn't a missile at all, but a rocket. No doubt a 2.75 inch rocket similar to that used by aircraft ever since WW II. Rocket pods on aircraft (and attack helicopters) could carry a dozen or more of these unguided weapons.

Remember the "surface to air" missiles that fisherman found a couple months ago ? Turns out they were mortar rounds, not "missiles". It sounded good though, until the pictures came out.

Judging from the condition of the rocket, I'd say it has been stored somewhere for quite awhile. Maybe hidden in a shed somewhere and forgotten about. Watching the BiB carry it out and place it on the pile of sand was a hoot. Either he was pretty brave, or didn't have a clue what he was dealing with. :o

Edited by Kerryd