Baht's weakening in line with other regional currencies, BOT says

webfact

Aussies had it good for a while but back where it should be smile.png good news about the US dollar and i am real happy since I get me monies in dollars

If you are American how else would you "get yer monies"? Canadian dollars, Australian dollars, New Zealand dollars, Singapore dollars, . Enjoy your good luck, pray it lasts.

I get half my monies in Yen. And it'll most likely be Yen that I convert when I land. Dunno yet.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Aussies had it good for a while but back where it should be smile.png good news about the US dollar and i am real happy since I get me monies in dollars

If you are American how else would you "get yer monies"? Canadian dollars, Australian dollars, New Zealand dollars, Singapore dollars, . Enjoy your good luck, pray it lasts.

I'm English

Bad luck - keep it quiet !!
  • Like 1

Thanks Robert, But it is strong, very strong compared to other ASEAN countries. You'd have to agree on that Rob. A thousand baht doesn't go far these days compared to ten years ago. Infrustructure has improved but everyday leisure pursuits have drastically increased. No wonder many are choosing to holiday in neighbouring countries, where inflation has stayed within tourist's budgets. Thailand is becoming too expensive, this is why they're are less tourists. But its only my opinion, for those who wish to argue against.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Aussie is down nearly 20%, baht looking great,if you have baht.

Not so good sending money from Oz though , plus bank charges rip off. today's rate 25.5 was 30 once.

Think for Oz natives you need to check out OZFOREX todays rate for bulk ( 100k plus ) was above 27 baht and small amounts a 'smidge' below 27 baht

Supavud Saicheua, director of Phatra Capital, said the baht could reach 34 next year on the strengthening of the dollar.

As a person who gets paid in USD, I really hope Khun Supavud is correct. The USD does indeed look like it's heading into a period of continued strengthening against many currencies...the tide has turned.

More total BS? The Thai Baht is stronger than ever against most currencies right now. Why?????? This is after a shit load of political and financial BS for the last 3 years. I just don't get it. Maybe the Chinese are buying Baht??? Who is???????? The whole money exchange thing makes no sense at all. I expected the Baht to crash for the last 3 years.

• Like 1

The baht is high because the majority of all wealth in this country is in the hands of the few who are as tight as a Chinese jewish lesbian.

Chinese is definitely a possibility... There is a push to get rid of Farang tourists... China wants Thailand for a destination... Something is at play right now.

The baht is high because the majority of all wealth in this country is in the hands of the few who are as tight as a Chinese jewish lesbian.

Chinese is definitely a possibility... There is a push to get rid of Farang tourists... China wants Thailand for a destination... Something is at play right now.

I'm pretty sure all farang tourists will be deported soon and Thailand will be designated a province of China. I'm also pretty sure I saw a UFO tonight.

• Like 2

I'm pretty sure all farang tourists will be deported soon and Thailand will be designated a province of China. I'm also pretty sure I saw a UFO tonight.

Really? I did a little investigating. In the last 2 years the Chinese Currency as gain a lot over the Thai Baht...

Since we are on the topic of the baht and exchange rate.... If I have Baht and wanted to exchange to US dollar to balance my cash between the two, can I just go to any of these exchange places on the street and exchange. Do I need a plane ticket ?

no most street exchanges don't do that. or don't have the us green back or wont. better to go to bank and some banks wont either i think its about haveing it on hand bbk will do it .not the mail ones a regular branch

Edited by camsouth
  • Like 1

my holiday this time is 17% more expensive for me than it was in May before this year, Norwegian krone bath 4.6thb now. in May there was 5.5thb ..... that the Norwegian krone has weakened me gives me chills, reason is that Norwegian krone has been weak, while thai bath has remained stable, it seems the last 6 months ... the best time for me was in 2005 when one Norwegian krone was 6.6thb ...

Good for the exports and better for me that I will be getting more Baht:thumbsup:

But you WON'T be getting more Baht because it remains ridiculously high against everything except the USD...so if your income is in Euros there is a net loss ( but just be grateful the drachma is history ).

As for the Aussie Dollar....you'll find it "in the gutter." Lowest in four years.

my holiday this time is 17% more expensive for me than it was in May before this year, Norwegian krone bath 4.6thb now. in May there was 5.5thb ..... that the Norwegian krone has weakened me gives me chills, reason is that Norwegian krone has been weak, while thai bath has remained stable, it seems the last 6 months ... the best time for me was in 2005 when one Norwegian krone was 6.6thb ...

I prefer the Thai shower opposed the bath. And you tend to get more shower to the dollar.

I prefer the Thai shower opposed the bath.

And you do tend to get more shower to the dollar.

LOL!!!!