Soldiers confiscate 'Thaksin Strawberry Jam'

webfact

"Who is also a local coordinator of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD)"

Pull the other one, mate, you have noooooo idea why the soldiers took away your products.

Just disappointed they didn't take you in for some "correction" that you badly need.

Last time I check there was no law against him selling these products with these logo's. So who is breaking the law, him or the people that illegally confiscated his products ? His political views should have no influence on how the law is enforced. If this was a yellow shirt supporter and this happened under the previous government what would your comments have been, police state, thugs etc etc ?

There current laws don't allow politics. Having Thaksin on the labels is politics.

No no no no, Thaksin said many years ago " I call it quit". You don't believe him?

"Who is also a local coordinator of the United Front of Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD)"

Pull the other one, mate, you have noooooo idea why the soldiers took away your products.

Just disappointed they didn't take you in for some "correction" that you badly need.

Last time I check there was no law against him selling these products with these logo's. So who is breaking the law, him or the people that illegally confiscated his products ? His political views should have no influence on how the law is enforced. If this was a yellow shirt supporter and this happened under the previous government what would your comments have been, police state, thugs etc etc ?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Martial_law

There current laws don't allow politics. Having Thaksin on the labels is politics.

You must be looking at a different label. The label concerned most definitely hasn't Thaksin on it.

How can someone who isn't democratic be able to claim that his only intention is to bring back democracy to a country facepalm.gif

Your a funny guy.. how do you think democracies are made.. they don't start from nothing. Sometimes the start from conflict or conquest. Democracy was failing here because of Thaksin and his red thugs. You know the ones that killed kids and his supporters cheered on stage about the attacks.

Why don't you just answer my question?

I understand that it may start from conflict or conquest, but you always need someone with democratic ideas to start it. You just said that the current government isn't democratic.

I said the current government is not democratic, but they can start a democratic government just like others have already said. Democracy does not appear from thin air.. someone has to start it. In this case the current government. I hope they make a good constitution and make sure that people like Thaksin will never again destroy this country.

You must be looking at a different label. The label concerned most definitely hasn't Thaksin on it.

A square face? Not Thaksin? Riiighht...

Nope it isn't, if you really think the happy square face guy is Thaksin, you need to get to the nearest eye hospital.

See the Junta and it's supporters are obsessed with Thaksin. You cannot convince me that such an obsession is healthy, maybe the eye hospital isn't going to work in this case.

How can someone who isn't democratic be able to claim that his only intention is to bring back democracy to a country facepalm.gif

Your a funny guy.. how do you think democracies are made.. they don't start from nothing. Sometimes the start from conflict or conquest. Democracy was failing here because of Thaksin and his red thugs. You know the ones that killed kids and his supporters cheered on stage about the attacks.

I understand that it may start from conflict or conquest, but you always need someone with democratic ideas to start it. You just said that the current government isn't democratic.

I said the current government is not democratic, but they can start a democratic government just like others have already said. Democracy does not appear from thin air.. someone has to start it. In this case the current government. I hope they make a good constitution and make sure that people like Thaksin will never again destroy this country.

Like they did the last time you mean ? You people are priceless. Making up your own laws just because the electorate isn't voting the way they are supposed to.

And they failed miserably at preventing Thaksin from interfering in politics, just as they will this time. After all, it's the same bunch of people doing it this time around.

the only chance they have of stopping Thaksin from interfering is to make sure elections don't matter.

Edited by sjaak327

Indeed it isn't started out of tin air, it is implied by someone with democratic ideas or attitude, which this government clearly doesn't possess.

A square face? Not Thaksin? Riiighht...

Nope it isn't, if you really think the happy square face guy is Thaksin, you need to get to the nearest eye hospital.

See the Junta and it's supporters are obsessed with Thaksin. You cannot convince me that such an obsession is healthy, maybe the eye hospital isn't going to work in this case.

rolleyes.gif

Like they did the last time you mean ? You people are priceless. Making up your own laws just because the electorate isn't voting the way they are supposed to.

And they failed miserably at preventing Thaksin from interfering in politics, just as they will this time. After all, it's the same bunch of people doing it this time around.

the only chance they have of stopping Thaksin from interfering is to make sure elections don't matter.

Congratulations on becoming a Thai law maker, robblok !!

Congratulations on becoming a Thai law maker, robblok !!

You people obviously referred to Robblok and other Junta supporters. I doubt Robblok was a Thai law maker then, any more than he is now. Although, if he would, he would have the exact same mandate as the current Thai Lawmakers, none.

Edited by sjaak327

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Now I'm not a supporter of Thaksin because I never lived in Thailand when he was PM but I would have to assume this place wasn't as f@@@ed up as it is under the current dictat..
Opps I mean government.

........and you would be incorrect..

• Like 1

Interesting choice of words :

" preventing Thaksin from interfering in politics"

" the only chance they have of stopping Thaksin from interfering"

That's kinda the point. Politicians should work for the people (I know this isn't ironclad. But it does happen sometimes)

Politicians, Prime Ministers and ex Prime Ministers (who have stated many times to never get involved with politics again) should not INTERFERE in politics. It's the main reason we're here now!

Edited by casualbiker

The military government are so terrified of Thaksin. It shows how weak they are.

And well they should be. He has $Billions and has used them before to try to overthrow the Abhisit government twice and to buy two nominee governments to do his exclusive bidding. Do you think he is not working behind the scenes, even now, to undermine the authority/effectiveness of the current government? He is an extremely dangerous man who is not afraid to make decisions that cost the lives of many Thais. It's like playing 'Whack-a-Mole' to suppress his nefarious activities and operators. Thaksin is not only a threat to the present government, the military, but also every freedom loving Thai as he wants to be a dictator in the style of Hun Sen.

It shows how weak they are.

No, it show how seriously they take the threat that he is, Mr. Thaksin Sycophant.

• Like 1

You a fascist supporter? "Correction" for political prisoners usually meant either a bullet (for the lucky ones), or ending up in a concentration camp & then worked/starved to death.

Hyperbolic, much?

Which undemocratic person or government has started a democracy in the last 100 years ? You could maybe include in your count South Africa, but accept that no one I can think of. Now on the other hand how many undemocratic persons or governments have tried to cling to power in an undemocratic way during the last 100 years ? Too many. So the odds are heavily stacked against your dream. Democracy is not created by a single person it comes from the hearts and minds of the citizens of a country. Thaksin did not destroy the country alone, the traditional elites divided the country to reach a point where the 2006 and 2014 coups could take place. Even if Thaksin is totally out of politics and a new politician becomes too popular they will find a reason to undermine him. If the elites allowed democracy to take its course Thaksin would have been voted out by now, but they are greedy for money and power.

• Like 2

Which undemocratic person or government has started a democracy in the last 100 years ? You could maybe include in your count South Africa, but accept that no one I can think of. Now on the other hand how many undemocratic persons or governments have tried to cling to power in an undemocratic way during the last 100 years ? Too many. So the odds are heavily stacked against your dream. Democracy is not created by a single person it comes from the hearts and minds of the citizens of a country. Thaksin did not destroy the country alone, the traditional elites divided the country to reach a point where the 2006 and 2014 coups could take place. Even if Thaksin is totally out of politics and a new politician becomes too popular they will find a reason to undermine him. If the elites allowed democracy to take its course Thaksin would have been voted out by now, but they are greedy for money and power.

Are you suggesting that Thailand wasn't a democracy after the 2007 elections?

The military government are so terrified of Thaksin. It shows how weak they are.

And well they should be. He has $Billions and has used them before to try to overthrow the Abhisit government twice and to buy two nominee governments to do his exclusive bidding. Do you think he is not working behind the scenes, even now, to undermine the authority/effectiveness of the current government? He is an extremely dangerous man who is not afraid to make decisions that cost the lives of many Thais. It's like playing 'Whack-a-Mole' to suppress his nefarious activities and operators. Thaksin is not only a threat to the present government, the military, but also every freedom loving Thai as he wants to be a dictator in the style of Hun Sen.

It shows how weak they are.

No, it show how seriously they take the threat that he is, Mr. Thaksin Sycophant.

And yet what we are witnising right now is a dictatorship. Media and freedom of speech under supression. Agree with us or be subject to 'readjustment'.

The Thai people that voted Thaksin in should of had the chance to themselves vote his governments back out. Instead you have his oposing egotistical and power mad billionaires backing yellow shirt protesters to twice (wow, same amount as the reds, funny that) to force a military coup. Even more farsical when you consider that these protests were led by people like Suthep that have their own pasts mirred in corruption.

The one thing Thaksin did is government the poor of this country a voice that were always looked down upon and sneered at by the Bangkok elite. It's a shame they didn't have the awareness to see he was just using themselves, but by appealing to them and giving them that voice he has changed Thailand forever. Something the traditional elites Hate thus They bank rolled this coup and are now trying to cement their power as they deeply fear Thaksin or someone of his ilk breaking the status quo again.

The majority should of had the chance to vote themselves. Not have it dictated to them that is currently happening now and has happened for generations. The world is changing though so these dinosaurs Can't do it unquestioned anymore.

You must, for the sake of what is left of your reasoning ability, stop drinking the Thaksin Kool Ade. Your version of history is twisted and I won't waste my time correcting you until you 'sober up' from your Thaksin intoxication/infatuation. Please change your Bruce Lee icon as you dishonor his memory with your propaganda posts. BL was an honorable man who would never support a would-be dictator like Thaksin Shinawatra.

Now, these labels resemble banners by any means, not that big but still pretty threatening i bet - after all northerners are notorious with these stunts.
Colourful news though.
And the brownies advertise a crackdown on a combo in three months which was busted years ago. Maybe we all got it wrong and brown is the traditional clowns colour here, that would explain at least some ...
Not to forget the general as savior of boozism, just adorable. I heard BlindMaker® is already producing a jubilee-edition 'The Generals Choice' (We are proud to guarantee a minimum of 2 days hangover military-style, if you make it back to the shop before January 3rd we pay your money back).

Edited by jollyhangmon

There is no evidence that this operation even took place. Could Pichit be making this story up just to discredit those he see's as the emery.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/4575

See for yourself.

He knew what the cartoon face logo represents and so do many others, he was using it as a kind of statement, cartoon or not, the same as if you put a gollywog on a jam jar, we all no what it really represents?

There is no evidence that this operation even took place. Could Pichit be making this story up just to discredit those he see's as the emery.

http://www.prachatai.com/english/node/4575

See for yourself.

He knew what the cartoon face logo represents and so do many others, he was using it as a kind of statement, cartoon or not, the same as if you put a gollywog on a jam jar, we all no what it really represents?

What does a gollywog on a jamjar represent? Spread it around please.

the Taksin logo should be a photo of an abandoned telephone booth. There's tens of thousands of villages in Thailand where abandoned not in use anymore phone booths TELL THE STORY WHAT REALLY HAPPENED UNDER TAKSIN.

many villages have already cleared the abandoned phone booths so nobody will be able to track down the biggest scam that ever happened in Thailand.

Just a hint : When Taksin ordered all copper telephone lines to villages to be withdrawn and sold, because he swept the country with his "1000 THB free for the take" mobile phone campaign, he must have made a fortune by selling all that copper.

My mind boggles when I am trying to imagine how much copper he collected from the let down of landlines under his governship. The company that did the job was his own company. All the profits went into his coffers. He bought the landlines for 1 THB from Telecom Thailand jointly to the mobile phone new deal.

the Taksin logo should be a photo of an abandoned telephone booth. There's tens of thousands of villages in Thailand where abandoned not in use anymore phone booths TELL THE STORY WHAT REALLY HAPPENED UNDER TAKSIN.

many villages have already cleared the abandoned phone booths so nobody will be able to track down the biggest scam that ever happened in Thailand.

Just a hint : When Taksin ordered all copper telephone lines to villages to be withdrawn and sold, because he swept the country with his "1000 THB free for the take" mobile phone campaign, he must have made a fortune by selling all that copper.

My mind boggles when I am trying to imagine how much copper he collected from the let down of landlines under his governship. The company that did the job was his own company. All the profits went into his coffers. He bought the landlines for 1 THB from Telecom Thailand jointly to the mobile phone new deal.

And of course you have some links to credible sources to proof your claims, right ?

So to recap, a totally innocent non-obstructing by non-cooperation UDD coordinator display some interesting logo, gets his stuff confiscated and suggest it may be because the square face resembles Thaksin somewhat.

The guy is totally innocent off course. Also a bit dumb. Selling sweet stuff he should have put a Thai doll on the label, a picture resembling the Isaan darling. Surely even soldiers would appreciate that.