Soldiers confiscate 'Thaksin Strawberry Jam'

webfact

Sorry but that is illogical gratuitous nonsense. There is no greater act of violence than the theft of the democratic vote. The Gestapo like actions were not sweet jam but sour grapes and the punishment of poor people.

Completely agree.

Even in the Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea we regularly have elections.

Still the comparision with Gestapo goes a bit too far. The UDD coordinator wasn't beaten up, dragged off or just shot. Rumour has it he wasn't even touched, imagine rolleyes.gif

The OP and his bonkers comments about CM are informative as to the hatred some farang have for the poorer Thais. But really! Attacking the living of poor jam sellers. How much more inadequate, unpopular and frightened do this dreadful Junta have to show themselves to be?! They are a laughing stock. Banning Jam! 555555.

'poor jam sellers' ?

The OP mentions ONE UDD coordinator who even Sjakie admits wasn't innocent. How does that translate into "poorer Thais' ?

• Like 1

Oh come on Sjakie. You said "I am sure the guy isn't innocent". That would mean whatever he did he did on purpose or what he did was against the law, or both.

So, if football supporters provoke the police and end up not being able to watch the game, you would be the first to decry the lack of common sense ?

Yes he most probably did it on purpose, and no he didn't break the law.

Again, the militairy getting provoked by this speaks volumes about them, childish and indeed devoid of any common sense.

Under Martial Law and a few NCPO declarations being provocative is expressly forbidden. Still provoking on purpose and complaining to have succeeded in provoking seems somewhat childish and lacking common sense.

Oh come on Sjakie. You said "I am sure the guy isn't innocent". That would mean whatever he did he did on purpose or what he did was against the law, or both.

So, if football supporters provoke the police and end up not being able to watch the game, you would be the first to decry the lack of common sense ?

Again, the militairy getting provoked by this speaks volumes about them, childish and indeed devoid of any common sense.

Under Martial Law and a few NCPO declarations being provocative is expressly forbidden. Still provoking on purpose and complaining to have succeeded in provoking seems somewhat childish and lacking common sense.

Nah it doesn't lack common sense Rubl, it exposes the junta for what they really are. It's unfortunate that you refuse to see, and unbelieveable that you condone such nonsense.

• Like 1

Nah it doesn't lack common sense Rubl, it exposes the junta for what they really are. It's unfortunate that you refuse to see, and unbelieveable that you condone such nonsense.

Well, back down here on Earth people with common sense already knew that the coup produced a junta which with the Martial Law imposed translates into a Military Dictatorship (however benign it may be).

As for condoning, to use that word 'condone' suggest I should do something and might even be in the position to do something. Being a legal alien in Thailand 'doing' something would be the surest way of getting deported. You think I would make a good martyr for your cause ?

Edited by rubl

Well, back down here on Earth people with common sense already knew that the coup produced a junta which with the Martial Law imposed translates into a Military Dictature (however benign it may be).

As for condoning, to use that word 'condone' suggest I should do something and might even be in the position to do something. Being a legal alien in Thailand 'doing' something would be the surest way of getting deported. You think I would make a good martyr for your cause ?

Everyone knows about what the coup produced. Their continued actions is what is revealing.

Condoning something does not imply you need or are in a position to do something about it Rubl, it simply means you approve of this particular behaviour. I am sure your non acceptance of this behaviour would not lead to deportation out of Thailand. No need to be a martyr for any cause.

You contradict yourself.

"Dear Rubl, I am sure the guy isn't innocent. What this does show is that the guy is quite a bit smarter as the people who confiscated his goods and destroyed his stall."

"Again, if selling jam with a square faced guy is provocative to the junta, Pichit is guilty."

So, Pichit was expressly provoking the current government while the Nation is still under Martial Law. Under such law guilty, but still lucky, not charged.

Where exactly do I contradict myself ? You must have missed the part "if selling jam with a square faced guy is provocative".

I do not deem this provocative, and I am sure most sane people wouldn't either, which again speaks volumes about the Junta.

But of course we already know that if the Junta is concerned, you don't apply common sense and are trying to deflect the matter.

It's not a matter of applying common sense with some people.It's a slavish adherence which precludes any criticism even when as this case (though not frankly of much significance) there has been grotesque overreaction.

It's not a loss of face to argue the coup was necessary (if that's your view) but argue that the government and its agencies should think about doing some things differently.This blockheadedness seems a particularly foreign phenonomen.Well educated Thais supportive of this government are much more interesting and nuanced.Rather to my surprise there have been some excellent articles in the BP and The Nation in which well thought out criticisms have been made from parties who are sympathetic to the military government.Not exactly buyers' remorse (yet) but a definite sense of an administration unravelling and absurdly over sensitive.

But from our resident quisling group of foreigners nothing like this at all.As the Book of Proverbs puts it:

"As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly".

Well, back down here on Earth people with common sense already knew that the coup produced a junta which with the Martial Law imposed translates into a Military Dictature (however benign it may be).

Everyone knows about what the coup produced. Their continued actions is what is revealing.

Condoning something does not imply you need or are in a position to do something about it Rubl, it simply means you approve of this particular behaviour. I am sure your non acceptance of this behaviour would not lead to deportation out of Thailand. No need to be a martyr for any cause.

Condone - To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure.

So, how do you want me to 'show' my 'non acceptance' of what you state being 'nonsense' and 'non breaking of laws'?

Exposes them? Do you mean that there are people out there that don't know they're a self installed military government?

Exposes them? Do you mean that there are people out there that don't know they're a self installed military government?

No I don't mean that, apart from being a self installed military government they are also childish and paranoid.

It's not a matter of applying common sense with some people.It's a slavish adherence which precludes any criticism even when as this case (though not frankly of much significance) there has been grotesque overreaction.

It's not a loss of face to argue the coup was necessary (if that's your view) but argue that the government and its agencies should think about doing some things differently.This blockheadedness seems a particularly foreign phenonomen.Well educated Thais supportive of this government are much more interesting and nuanced.Rather to my surprise there have been some excellent articles in the BP and The Nation in which well thought out criticisms have been made from parties who are sympathetic to the military government.Not exactly buyers' remorse (yet) but a definite sense of an administration unravelling and absurdly over sensitive.

But from our resident quisling group of foreigners nothing like this at all.As the Book of Proverbs puts it:

"As a dog returns to his vomit, so a fool repeats his folly".

Well thank you for your kind words. I'll treasure them for what they are worth and file them.

So, we have a UDD coordinator provoking the NCPO and succeeding in doing so, we have a few posters denouncing the reaction on the provocation.

As for 'quisling', what next? 'enemy of the people' ? Stalinist show trials ?

No I don't mean that, apart from being a self installed military government they are also childish and paranoid.

They said no politics. Thaksin is nothing but politics. They've drawn the line at zero.

• Like 1

No, no, no! They're just Thai.

Condone - To overlook, forgive, or disregard (an offense) without protest or censure.[/size]

So, how do you want me to 'show' my 'non acceptance' of what you state being 'nonsense' and 'non breaking of laws'?

You could start with stating that this particular action is over the top and exaggerated.

But I know you actually believe that it isn't, which makes this exchange completely useless.

No, no, no! They're just Thai.

I have no doubt the Junta are Thai, but not all Thais are paranoid and childish.

I've seen the photo's of the square face cartoon, and to me it looks nothing like Mr T/S, there is 2 features they are linking to Mr T/S and that is,

a square shaped face and being male, well that rules in Geeezz how many people in the country??? it also could be no one in particular.

Wear is the burden of proof? sorry people but one persons perception as opposed to another's is not proof, it's an opinion and opinions are not facts.

The fact is the army boys didn't produce information of their ranks as REQUIRED, and they did not produce documents as REQUARED, so that would mean that they have simply stolen the persons produce and he is entitled to report it too police or even the military officer in charge in this area for action to be taken.

I've seen the photo's of the square face cartoon, and to me it looks nothing like Mr T/S, there is 2 features they are linking to Mr T/S and that is,

a square shaped face and being male, well that rules in Geeezz how many people in the country??? it also could be no one in particular.

Wear is the burden of proof? sorry people but one persons perception as opposed to another's is not proof, it's an opinion and opinions are not facts.

The fact is the army boys didn't produce information of their ranks as REQUIRED, and they did not produce documents as REQUARED, so that would mean that they have simply stolen the persons produce and he is entitled to report it too police or even the military officer in charge in this area for action to be taken.

The guy admitted it was a cartoon of Thaksin.

Pichit said he is outraged and confused by the soldiers’ operation because his stall and products are properly registered under the law, and the Thaksin logo is merely a cartoon that bears no political statement.

The guy admitted it was a cartoon of Thaksin.

Pichit said he is outraged and confused by the soldiers’ operation because his stall and products are properly registered under the law, and the Thaksin logo is merely a cartoon that bears no political statement.

And it seems that in another thread the soldiers have apologized about the misunderstanding. It seems that someone reported Phichit for selling Red Shirt memorabilia, t-shirts etc hence the order to dismantle the stall.

They are so afraid of this man. He's in their hearts and minds General, you can't stop it by being a bully.

No one is afraid of the has been any longer. He is quickly running out of friends as those who gained much, one way or another, under his premiership, are slowly being brought to justice. He's in their hearts and minds. I don't know how, as not many have any ticker, and are like rats up a drainpipe at the first sign of confrontation. Their other attribute, they almost all act mindlessly, as is highlighted by this numbskull. Doesn't leave much room, does it?

Why is it Bob you are living in the past? The man, who has more guts then you hero will ever have, is now the Prime Minister, no longer a General, as he retired last September. Certainly, protocol, dictates that he still holds that title but I think you should be a little more courteous toward the office, even if you do not like the man, which is obvious.

You call him a bully, can you justify your description of him or do you just want to continue in your dislike of the man. So are you saying that because soldiers removed the jamb the prime minister is a bully or do you have another reason for stating that? You know, it would be most unlikely he had any knowledge of the incident or do you expect him to be aware of every insignificant incident that occurs in a nation of 68 million people. You really would make a great fiction writer Bob, as you write without any direct factual proof to back up your statements.

He is not a Prime Minister. He is the non elected head of a military junta and in some countries would be referred to as a Fascist Dictator. Take your right wing propaganda out of Thailand, please. Banning Jam, books and hand gestures is the sure sign of a frightened coward hiding behind guns, tanks and bombs and made up laws. It would be laughable if it were not so tragic.

Post self deleted.

rc

You are so wrong. He is the Prime Minister and was officially endorsed by the King three months after the coup commenced. I agree he was not elected but he still holds that position. May I ask, do you know the him; what has he done to upset you so much?

Has he, the coup or the NCPO caused any problems that have affected you personally? If you have been affected I think many posters would like to see some examples. If you have some legitimate examples, they might assist in justifying your outburst and explain why you made such derogatory remarks of the Prime Minister. Game to write about him, would you be game enough to say it to his face? I doubt it.

Having a differing opinion is right wing propaganda and I should take it out of Thailand? So only you, and the like minded can post their opinions? Is that what you are intimating? The rest of us who have an opinion cannot post as it does not suit your agenda? Says a lot about your character, doesn't it?

Your analysis of the bans?. He is a coward hiding behind guns, tanks and bombs and made up laws? Again, false. But then again, a person such as yourself, if you keep repeating the misinformation long enough, you will end up believing that it's the truth. If you are a farang, are you able to explain why there is so much vitriol in your post? What are you trying to prove? Nothing you say will ever affect what happens in this country but if you want to highlight the type of person you are then just keep writing the way you.

Update:

The leader of the red shirts in Chiang Mai says the soldiers who tore down his stall selling bottles of strawberry wine using a caricature of fugitive ex-premier Thaksin Shinawatra had done so because of a “misunderstanding” and had apologised to him.

I must not name the source.

Sorry but that is illogical gratuitous nonsense. There is no greater act of violence than the theft of the democratic vote. The Gestapo like actions were not sweet jam but sour grapes and the punishment of poor people.

Completely agree.

Even in the Democratic Peoples Republic of North Korea we regularly have elections.

Still the comparision with Gestapo goes a bit too far. The UDD coordinator wasn't beaten up, dragged off or just shot. Rumour has it he wasn't even touched, imagine rolleyes.gif

The Gestapo and other police agencies the world over carry out overt public bullying and street actions as well as other more sinister activities. That any visitor to Thailand should support this kind of surreal bullying is deplorable.

Even if the image did represent the deposed Prime Minister the actions of the military are pathetic and shows how weak their grip on Thailand really is because they cannot tolerate comical dissent from poor people who have a sense of humour despite having had their vote stolen. Foreign visitors who support such police actions by the military really should be ashamed of themselves.

Even if the image did represent the deposed Prime Minister the actions of the military are pathetic and shows how weak their grip on Thailand really is because they cannot tolerate comical dissent from poor people who have a sense of humour despite having had their vote stolen. Foreign visitors who support such police actions by the military really should be ashamed of themselves.

Sorry to correct you, but I believe you made a typo.

You should have written - "from poor people who have a sense of humour despite having had their 500baht vote stolen." clap2.gif That's ok.

Sorry to correct you, but I believe you made a typo.

You should have written - "from poor people who have a sense of humour despite having had their 500baht vote stolen." clap2.gif That's ok.

We have through this before. All political parties buy votes in Thailand sometimes and all parties in all countries 'buy' the electorate with promises of ,aterial improvements. As my Thai friends told me'Sure Taxin was corrupt but all Thai leaders are. The difference is that Taksin got things done and helped the people. The other corrupt politicians only helped themselves. So I repeat the people,of Thailand had their vote stolen and their right to protest. Shame on you!
  • Like 1

Completely agree.

The Gestapo and other police agencies the world over carry out overt public bullying and street actions as well as other more sinister activities. That any visitor to Thailand should support this kind of surreal bullying is deplorable.

For one we don't have 'the Gestapo' since 1945 or so. Furthermore the UDD chap was provoking, something even under normal law is not recommended.

BTW if the 'visitor' is meant to describe me, you're a bit off. I'm a legal alien, living and working in Bangkok for the last 20 years.