Letter from two accused of Koh Tao murders to Daw Aung San Suu Kyi Myanmar Democracy icon

Lite Beer

ASSK is not a saint.

Like Yingluck, she was once popular, but now everyone knew that she/they did it all for her/their power hungry self.

Agreed, I also feel she is certainly no saint, my biggest concern is that she has not spoken out on the huge ethnic cleansing being carried out by the military and government in Burma. But she does still carry enormous respect internationally because of her own history. If she did get involved or make a statement then it would be more pressure added along with the other nations and human rights organisations.

Edited by thailandchilli

Interesting in their letter they indicate they don't even think the headman's son was responsible for the murders...

“The truth is we are not really involved in this case. We want you to help us. So we write this letter to you from our imprisonment. We were not involved in this crime. We do not want to be in jail anymore. We think the killer went to another country already."

Wasn't a certain person thought to have fled to Australia around that time ..............................whistling.gif

Interesting in their letter they indicate they don't even think the headman's son was responsible for the murders...

“The truth is we are not really involved in this case. We want you to help us. So we write this letter to you from our imprisonment. We were not involved in this crime. We do not want to be in jail anymore. We think the killer went to another country already."

Wasn't a certain person thought to have fled to Australia around that time ..............................whistling.gif

What "certain person" and "around" what time, last week when they wrote the letter?

Edited by JohnThailandJohn

It convenient that there are poor and not Thai! The crowds hate them already and they have no money to get a ticket out. Sounds like a wrong place wrong time type of scenario.

I don't agree at all that 'the crowds hate them.' During the reenactment, there were many locals nearby, but not one called out disparaging names, as you would expect, when perpetrators of a heinous crime are paraded for the 1st time in public. The crowd was eerily subdued. It's as if the locals, like nearly all Thai following this case, are agreeing with the majority here: that the case has been worse than botched - it's full-tilt aimed at a frame-up, while concurrently shielding the Headman's people in every way possible. If in doubt, look at all the RTP have said and done since the 2nd head cop was appointed to head the investigation. And look at the restrictions mandated for anyone who might investigate anything which might implicate the Headman's people (*Mon, *Nomsod, *Mon's cop friend-who threatened Sean with death if he spoke out, *'Stingray' AC club bouncer with the sharks tooth ring who was photographed partying inches away from Hannah on that fateful night, .....and others who the cops are sworn to not touch with a ten foot pole).

I do not understand why we have not heard anything from the British. If there has been anything said by the British investigation team or any other British entity I would like to read it. Cheers

I think there are 2 basic reasons: #1 is they're attempting to take the 'high road' by not announcing any findings before the inquest, in early Jan. #2 is, they may not actually have any independently garnered evidence, and that would fit with their (the Brits') designated roles as OBSERVERS ONLY. Not allowed to gather evidence or interview anyone other than RTP, and you get one guess what the RTP's agenda is.

“The truth is we are not really involved in this case. We want you to help us. So we write this letter to you from our imprisonment. We were not involved in this crime. We do not want to be in jail anymore. We think the killer went to another country already."[/size]

Yes, I thought that was odd also. ...reference to Sean?

It convenient that there are poor and not Thai! The crowds hate them already and they have no money to get a ticket out. Sounds like a wrong place wrong time type of scenario.

I don't agree at all that 'the crowds hate them.' During the reenactment, there were many locals nearby, but not one called out disparaging names, as you would expect, when perpetrators of a heinous crime are paraded for the 1st time in public. The crowd was eerily subdued. It's as if the locals, like nearly all Thai following this case, are agreeing with the majority here: that the case has been worse than botched - it's full-tilt aimed at a frame-up, while concurrently shielding the Headman's people in every way possible. If in doubt, look at all the RTP have said and done since the 2nd head cop was appointed to head the investigation. And look at the restrictions mandated for anyone who might investigate anything which might implicate the Headman's people (*Mon, *Nomsod, *Mon's cop friend-who threatened Sean with death if he spoke out, *'Stingray' AC club bouncer with the sharks tooth ring who was photographed partying inches away from Hannah on that fateful night, .....and others who the cops are sworn to not touch with a ten foot pole).

I do not understand why we have not heard anything from the British. If there has been anything said by the British investigation team or any other British entity I would like to read it. Cheers

I think there are 2 basic reasons: #1 is they're attempting to take the 'high road' by not announcing any findings before the inquest, in early Jan. #2 is, they may not actually have any independently garnered evidence, and that would fit with their (the Brits') designated roles as OBSERVERS ONLY. Not allowed to gather evidence or interview anyone other than RTP, and you get one guess what the RTP's agenda is.

“The truth is we are not really involved in this case. We want you to help us. So we write this letter to you from our imprisonment. We were not involved in this crime. We do not want to be in jail anymore. We think the killer went to another country already."[/size]

I believe it was a reference to the one suspected kid in the BKK university. Nomsad? It was reported that he decided to go study in OZ because his reputation as a fantastic Thai citizen had been damaged by being implicated in this murder

ASSK is not a saint.

Like Yingluck, she was once popular, but now everyone knew that she/they did it all for her/their power hungry self.

Climb back in your hole dear sir, only come out when i tell you....

This article is by you Farang:

http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/news/davidblair/100242929/how-can-aung-san-suu-kyi-a-nobel-peace-prize-winner-fail-to-condemn-anti-muslim-violence/

This statement is by you Thai

Thailand’s military ruler has suggested that "beautiful" female visitors to his country should not expect to be safe in bikinis. Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha made the comments as the investigation into the death of two Britons intensifies.

The fact is its also well documented that witness's in Koh Tao are too scared top speak up on behalf of the B2 to the point that some even fear for their lives.

Where is it well documented? Who has said they are a witness but are too scared to come forward?

I would think if somebody was too scared to come forward they wouldn't be allowing it to be well documented they are a witness or have evidence.

no need to answer trolls like JTJ just let them do their own research

He is speaking logic so who is the freakin troll

The truth is we are not really involved in this case. We want you to help us. So we write this letter to you from our imprisonment. We were not involved in this crime. We do not want to be in jail anymore. We think the killer went to another country already."[/size]

Forgot about him but would make sense. You got to figure the lawyers helped them with this letter and encouraged them to write and or at minimum the lawyers have spoke about who they think might have been responsible -- although they don't have to solve the case, a good defense in a case like this is likely to include pointing the finger at somebody to add additional doubt. So if had to guess, looks like they may be suggesting Sean otherwise it is either just a strange thing to say or there is somebody else we don't know about yet.

I believe it was a reference to the one suspected kid in the BKK university. Nomsad? It was reported that he decided to go study in OZ because his reputation as a fantastic Thai citizen had been damaged by being implicated in this murder

Any link to the report or where you heard it?

The truth is we are not really involved in this case. We want you to help us. So we write this letter to you from our imprisonment. We were not involved in this crime. We do not want to be in jail anymore. We think the killer went to another country already."[/size]

Forgot about him but would make sense. You got to figure the lawyers helped them with this letter and encouraged them to write and or at minimum the lawyers have spoke about who they think might have been responsible -- although they don't have to solve the case, a good defense in a case like this is likely to include pointing the finger at somebody to add additional doubt. So if had to guess, looks like they may be suggesting Sean otherwise it is either just a strange thing to say or there is somebody else we don't know about yet.

There is a wacky (just my opinion by looking at her facebook page) UK girl posting pretty regularly on CSI lately, she claims she knows everything and one of her claims is that Sean was heavily involved along with some people associated with the AC bar.

But that cut on Seans arm, that's never from a motorbike accident, so similar to the wounds on David. Anyway the owner of CSI now claims he is working with the B2 defense so this maybe where it comes from?

Edited by thailandchilli
  • Like 2

Speculation and conjecture. Stick to the facts please or else support your "You got to figure..." comments with evidence or proof. Pretty sure no-one has to figure anything without those 2 commodities.

Yep, I have seen it. But whats the point of giving you anything. You could try Google.com if you are so interested

• Like 1

I am telling you once and once only, stop your postings as they are upsetting.

I have seen it as well,he was supposed to fly on JetStar

Yep, I have seen it. But whats the point of giving you anything. You could try Google.com if you are so interested

Speculation and conjecture. Stick to the facts please or else support your "You got to figure..." comments with evidence or proof. Pretty sure no-one has to figure anything without those 2 commodities.

You can always start your own forum -- on this one nothing wrong with speculation as long as it is not be stated as fact. Actually, it is pretty much what this entire thread is about --- speculating on what is known or in some cases what we think is known.

So I take it you cannot provide a link or even say where you claim it was reported? Google search turns up nothing with his name and Australia that comes close to what you are saying was reported.

So I take it you cannot provide a link or even say where you claim it was reported? Google search turns up nothing with his name and Australia that comes close to what you are saying was reported.

I did the same search I did last time, and it popped right up. Might want to check your spelling.

• Like 1

The accused said in the letter "we do not want to be suffering like poor people". Me too, who wants to be poor? Also one said " I also have to support my grandmother and parents " just like other poor people in this cruel world. Then they said " When we go to bed we pray for all people and creatures in the world to have safety, peace, good health and happiness." Well thankyou because my pet goldfish has recovered today from ill health and is now thanks to your prays doing fine now.

• Like 2

Any link given to you or JD are always do missed as early investigation reports not worth re looking into or writers opinions so what is the point?

You both point to the parents statements that the evidence look convincing but as you have both admitted that the British police have not carried out their own investigation they have only assessed what has been shown to them.

Hence we have a case that has been sent back numerous times by the prosecution over 3 months and now presuming the huge pressure on them they have some how managed to get this to go to trial.

Considering the RTP police's reputation of planted evidence corruption I find it amazing you have been backing them since day one.

You only have to look on the first page of this forum to see what kind of nonsense they have been getting up to lately yet you confidence in them is unshakable.

Each to their own I guess.

• Like 1

Off topic and flame removed

7) You will respect fellow members and post in a civil manner. No personal attacks, hateful or insulting towards other members, (flaming) Stalking of members on either the forum or via PM will not be allowed.

Post commenting on Moderation has been removed

10) Do not discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy.

I don't blame the defendants for trying to wring sympathy out of people wherever they can. However, there really is nothing ASSK can do. This is just media hype.

As I don't blame you for making such a silly comment. you have to state your point every time. But when someone wants to state theirs, you ask them to stop. Prove to me that this is a hype and stop spreading rumors.

Not a hype when two lives are involved. This is about saving humanity.

I have not asked people to stop posting. 2 lives have been lost and it is likely the defendants are guilty.

I have not asked people to stop posting. 2 lives have been lost and it is likely possible the defendants are not guilty

Thankfully there will be a trial soon!

• Like 1

I have not asked people to stop posting. 2 lives have been lost and it is likely the defendants are guilty.

I have not asked people to stop posting. 2 lives have been lost and it is likely possible the defendants are not guilty

Thankfully there will be a trial soon!

Thankfully there will be a one sided trial soon!