UK pensions-life certificate

I just got one. I know a few farangs that could sign it but the form requires to be rubber stamped...Can't do that.......sad.png

My neighbor a retired pilot countersigned my passport photo when I renewed it last year, no problem and is quite happy to sign this form but has no rubber stamp. Does anybody know for definite if this life certificate will be accepted by the DWP without one.

I've just received an email from the Newcastle Pension Centre confirming that a retired Civil Servant is an acceptable signatory, which is good because that's the route I went down.

My former colleague didn't have a rubber stamp, and I doubt that any retired Civil Servants do.

There are loads of retired Civil Servants living throughout Thailand, I suspect most of us know at least one.

Can you please post or pm me the email address you used for the Newcastle Pension Center, thank you.

me 2 please

I contacted them via their website, they responded from this email address.

[email protected]

I don't know if this address receives emails.

Many thanks if you put all the email address in lowercase it goes through.

Sent them a email asking them to confirm that the same person who countersigned my passport photo last year can sign the life certificate and if they will accept faxed completed life certificates and had the usual automated reply back which states the following:

Electronic copies of forms or documents, including scanned documents, are not accepted. Please send either the originals or certified copies of any relevant documents by post to the address below. Personal documents will be returned to you as soon as possible.

Once again conflicting information given from what other posters have been told. Incidentally the address given is the Wolverhampton one.

The Pension Service 11

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1LW

United Kingdom

khastan, on 16 Dec 2014 - 22:41, said:
theoldgit, on 16 Dec 2014 - 19:28, said:

[email protected]

Sent them a email asking them to confirm that the same person who countersigned my passport photo last year can sign the life certificate and if they will accept faxed completed life certificates and had the usual automated reply back which states the following:

Electronic copies of forms or documents, including scanned documents, are not accepted. Please send either the originals or certified copies of any relevant documents by post to the address below. Personal documents will be returned to you as soon as possible.

Once again conflicting information given from what other posters have been told. Incidentally the address given is the Wolverhampton one.

The Pension Service 11

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1LW

United Kingdom

I sent my fax yesterday, (IPC) having said that was ok. On reading your post I have just phoned Newcastle .

Mine has been accepted - no problem and all clear. When I read your post to him he suggested I report on this website that it is acceptable. I explained that I have done that on several occasions. And anyway I don't work for GOV. UK.

[email protected]

The Pension Service 11

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1LW

United Kingdom

I sent my fax yesterday, (IPC) having said that was ok. On reading your post I have just phoned Newcastle .

Mine has been accepted - no problem and all clear. When I read your post to him he suggested I report on this website that it is acceptable. I explained that I have done that on several occasions. And anyway I don't work for GOV. UK.

That's very good about your faxed life certificate being accepted . However what he should have said is I am sorry the information we are sending in our automated email is incorrect and we will be updating it shortly. In the meantime please inform everybody that faxed original life certificates are permitted and will be accepted.

Edited by khastan

And anyway I don't work for GOV. UK.

I only wish you did - we might then get some proper, up-to-date info on it!

To be fair I am not sure that the department dealing with this even know themselves if the previous information that this is a government push and nothing to do with the DWP is correct.

[email protected]

The Pension Service 11

Mail Handling Site A

Wolverhampton

WV98 1LW

United Kingdom

That's very good about your faxed life certificate being accepted . However what he should have said is I am sorry the information we are sending in our automated email is incorrect and we will be updating it shortly. In the meantime please inform everybody that faxed original life certificates are permitted and will be accepted.

I strongly suspect that the auto message about not accepting faxed/scanned docs is referring to those people who are triggering the initial payment of their pension when they reach 65. I recall I had to get the British Consulate to authenticate a copy of my birth certificate which then had to be sent, not faxed, to their office. In this instance, faxed or scanned copies were not acceptable.

This life certificate thing is something new and they haven't changed the auto reply - yet another example of bureaucratic incompetence.

In May of this year I applied to receive my UK state pension and the process went well and I now receive the monthly pension payments into my Thai bank. To day I received a life certificate .

LetterAFront_zps8eb1f815.jpg

------------------------------------------

LetterABack_zps40c645be.jpg

--------------------------------------------------------------

FormBFront_zps0e64a656.jpg

-------------------------------------------

FormBBack_zpsf7ec4dab.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------

Letter_zpsc597729f.jpg

I'm popping to my local Thai doctor tonight to see if he will sign and stamp the life certificate , then fax it off to the fax number shown letter and at the same time send the original signed certificate back in the envelope provided ems signed for .

Whats the best way to confirm that the signed certificate has been received and approved ?

TLwai.gif

• Like 2

Yes I think you are correct. I think that the whole thing has been rushed through with very little thought. Also it's no coincidence this happening just after Osborn's autumn statement, after all he said he will make 12 billion in cuts. Questions must also be asked has to who in their right mind would give an address to send these important completed documents back to which refuses to accept any proof of posting whatsoever, especially when sent overseas. How much easier would it have been if it had simply stated on the life certificate instructions that faxed original completed life certificates were acceptable.

what about us that had already sent our completed forms to WOLVERHAMTON.

A good point. According to my track and trace nothing has happen since it arrived at Wolverhampton. Still says "wrongly directed."

@thailife

Not sure it's worth EMS(read some earlier comments) Cost me ฿900 ish and it's gone missing in the WestMidlands.

Edited by thetefldon

I would send them a email asking them to confirm they have received and acceptance of said document once faxed. That is what I am going to do.

In May of this year I applied to receive my UK state pension and the process went well and I now receive the monthly pension payments into my Thai bank. To day I received a life certificate .

Letter_zpsc597729f.jpg

I'm popping to my local Thai doctor tonight to see if he will sign and stamp the life certificate , then fax it off to the fax number shown letter and at the same time send the original signed certificate back in the envelope provided ems signed for .

Whats the best way to confirm that the signed certificate has been received and approved ?

TLwai.gif

Edited by khastan

I would send them a email asking them to confirm they have received and acceptance of said document once faxed. That is what I am going to do.

Letter_zpsc597729f.jpg

TLwai.gif

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Well ive just been to see my local doctor to ask him to sign and stamp my life certificate , his reaction was sorry no . He said it would be best for me to go to a large private hospital and ask there. I do have a good Thai friend who is a doctor of veterinary medicine , but I can't see doctor of veterinary medicine mentioned on the list of acceptable names who can sign the life certificate, any one know if a Vet would be acceptable ?

I am as you kindly suggested going to email them once ive faxed the completed life certificate and ask if they have received and approved it .

The only email address I can seem to find is

[email protected]

is the above email address the same as the one you are going to use?

TLwai.gif

Thanks thumbsup.gif

Well ive just been to see my local doctor to ask him to sign and stamp my life certificate , his reaction was sorry no . He said it would be best for me to go to a large private hospital and ask there. I do have a good Thai friend who is a doctor of veterinary medicine , but I can't see doctor of veterinary medicine mentioned on the list of acceptable names who can sign the life certificate, any one know if a Vet would be acceptable ?

I am as you kindly suggested going to email them once ive faxed the completed life certificate and ask if they have received and approved it .

[email protected]

TLwai.gif

Initially I did attempt to send my irate email in connection with my recently-submitted claim (see separate thread at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/783006-uk-state-pension-claim-unsuccessful-delivery/) to [email protected], but it bounced. Fortunately, I was lucky second time round by addressing it to [email protected] So the bit before the "@" has to be in uppercase, it seems.

Edited by OJAS

Letter_zpsc597729f.jpg

TLwai.gif

Thanks thumbsup.gif

[email protected]

TLwai.gif

Thanks thumbsup.gif

[email protected]

TLwai.gif

Initially I did attempt to send my irate email in connection with my recently-submitted claim (see separate thread at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/783006-uk-state-pension-claim-unsuccessful-delivery/) to [email protected], but it bounced. Fortunately, I was lucky second time round by addressing it to [email protected] So the bit before the "@" has to be in uppercase, it seems.

That's very strange when I used those upper case letters it bounced it was only when I used lower case I got it through and had a automated reply from them, very odd that.

Yes that's the correct email address and the one I had the automated reply to I referred to in a earlier email. It is very interesting to note that this email address is missing off all correspondence sent regarding life certificates by them, I wonder why they have omitted this vital piece of information. I would strongly advise everybody does the same because it appears that the answer you get to your question when you telephone depends on who you talk to. I am sorry I cannot help you with your other query, again I would email them and ask them, then at least you have proof.

Letter_zpsc597729f.jpg

TLwai.gif

Thanks thumbsup.gif

[email protected]

TLwai.gif

I just got one. I know a few farangs that could sign it but the form requires to be rubber stamped...Can't do that.......sad.png

My neighbor a retired pilot countersigned my passport photo when I renewed it last year, no problem and is quite happy to sign this form but has no rubber stamp. Does anybody know for definite if this life certificate will be accepted by the DWP without one.

I've just received an email from the Newcastle Pension Centre confirming that a retired Civil Servant is an acceptable signatory, which is good because that's the route I went down.

My former colleague didn't have a rubber stamp, and I doubt that any retired Civil Servants do.

There are loads of retired Civil Servants living throughout Thailand, I suspect most of us know at least one.

Attaching the counter-signatories business card has been known to help although i'm not aware of a single case where anyone has been rejected.

HTH

A quick update from me. My Thai Post EMS track and trace has just been updated with "sucessful delivery" at Great Britain (WV98 1LW) i.e the postcode for the Wolverhampton site. That's two days after the first atempt which is marked up as "wrongly directed."

Earlier I fired off an email to Newcastle using the UPPER case version of the email address that is flying around.

[email protected]

I received an automated reply with the usual stuff about replying within 10 days etc

what about us that had already sent our completed forms to WOLVERHAMTON.

A good point. According to my track and trace nothing has happen since it arrived at Wolverhampton. Still says "wrongly directed."

@thailife

Not sure it's worth EMS(read some earlier comments) Cost me ฿900 ish and it's gone missing in the WestMidlands.

it could turn up at the return address if undelivered HOLLANDw00t.gif

i will try track and trace with mine.

Edited by meatboy

"Belt & Braces"

I have just sent the following letter by registered mail, and email to the pensions Service in Newcastle upon Tyne.

Please note that the email address does work in lower case - it actually makes no difference what case is used.

The Pension Service

International pension Centre

Tyneview Park

Newcastle upon Tyne

ENGLAND

NE98 1BA

18th December, 2014

Dear Sir/Madam

YB XXXXXX - MXXXXXXXX: LIFE CERTIFICATE.

Please find attached my duly completed and witnessed Life Certificate.

This certificate was previously faxed to your office (44 191 21 87307) on 15th December, 2014.

This letter is being sent by registered mail to your office at Newcastle upon Tyne. This is because the postal collection address at Wolverhampton does not acknowledge receipt of registered mail.

I respectfully suggest that you investigate this ridiculous situation, as many overseas pensioners live in countries where ordinary airmail post is very unreliable.

Please note that your letter was not received by me until 14th December, three weeks after the date on your covering letter.

I am also sending a copy of this letter with attached the scanned Life Certificate by email.

I would be extremely grateful if you could kindly advise (by post or email) that my Life Certificate has been received and is acceptable.

Thank you for your attention,

Yours sincerely,

The Pension Service (2).docx

And anyway I don't work for GOV. UK.

I only wish you did - we might then get some proper, up-to-date info on it!

How about one of you (anyone caught up in this) submitting feedback via the appropriate channels on gov.uk so that HMG/DWP correct it?

Well, I have just received an email from IPC confirming the worst in the case of my recently-submitted claim referred to in the separate thread at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/783006-uk-state-pension-claim-unsuccessful-delivery/. Apparently Wolverhampton are solely a mail warehouse and, hence, unable to sign for delivery. However, IPC have also assured me that they are investigating why the Newcastle address hasn't been published on the GOV.UK website.

That said, it looks like Wolverhampton are, in fact, now signing for delivery if thetefldon's latest post at #173 is to be believed. Latest EMS tracking on my claim is still the "Incorrect Address" entry on 9 December, though.

Edited by OJAS
  • Like 1

Be sure to write UK in big letters on the provided envelope.......

Yes agreed. Does anybody know if UK pensioners are obliged to fill out a Life Certificate to prove they are alive? If so that explains a lot.

Fink when you get to 72 you get a form every year thereon to show you are alive......This new certificate is to try and weed out dodgy claimants.....