Is It Possible/land Upgrade

My partner owns some land in southern Thailand– it has rubber trees (most are too big and old now) and it’s near more and more houses. It sits low on a hill. The land office says it will make upgrades soon from a Bor tor ha to Nor sor sam. It’s well marked with cement markers and its been surveyed by the Or bor tor.

Can this be true, Are Bor Tor Ha deeds being upgraded in the south?

So the question is: Has anybody (or their spouse) on the forum successfully upgraded a Bor tor ha or s or. Kor. Nung land title? If so, could you share your experience?

Thanks!

My partner owns some land in southern Thailand– it has rubber trees (most are too big and old now) and it’s near more and more houses. It sits low on a hill. The land office says it will make upgrades soon from a Bor tor ha to Nor sor sam. It’s well marked with cement markers and its been surveyed by the Or bor tor.

So the question is: Has anybody (or their spouse) on the forum successfully upgraded a Bor tor ha or s or. Kor. Nung land title? If so, could you share your experience?

Thanks!

Would very much like to know what you find out about this as we own a similiar piece of land.

Also has anyone knowledge of a recent new Thai law that was put in place as a result of the Tsunami stating that all homes must now be 75 meters from the government water line???

And does this apply to the Gulf of Siam - not much chance of a Tsunami in the Gulf??

Barry

I have heard that they are upgrading land in the South. My wife is from Phatthalung and she told me that people from the land office have gone to her families house to discuss upgrading two parcels that she owns on two separate occations - once last year and once last month. I don't remember what type of land titles they currently are, but like your partner's land, they have rubber trees. Because we live in the US, none of her land has been upgraded yet.

Thanks!

yes and no - advice: do not get involved with PBT5 land. its risky/inconsistent/uncertain and corrupt with officials saying "yes no poblem" to everything until they have spent your cash, turned your life upside sideways and moved onto the next farang for an upgrade to do the same until they move on to another lands department and no one knows anything about your "paperwork". Thats just putting it politely.

Thanks!

Yes, as a farang I suggest you keep a very low profile and get your partner to involve the highest ranking person they know. Once we got the markers it took quite a long time to finalise (if you 'work' hard enough you may find you jump to the chanote title.......but you will never really know until you get the paper in your hands and check the validity.....

Good luck