formally dressed thais think they are perceived as more important?

Rangsitreppin

I dress in clothes covered in paint, shoes with holes in the bottom and shave once a month.

I love to see their assumptions about me, farang kee nok etc

My local policeman knows the score though he actually sees why Im like this asks me when I can build his house laugh.png

Now if we can turn it round and go see the smartly uniformed persons living accommodation you might see something else?

Proof in that people in a poorer come up are all for show and will never really know what matters until the hit the western world and go back home and realise how backwards there world actually is

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

Thats just racist

Not like your implication that the natives need to visit the west in order to find out how 'backward' their own world is then?

Really naive response seeming what decade that photo was taken just shows your childish side.

I live in sydney and bangkok you know and my thai friends in sydney dont have as good a cell phones as my friends in bkk because they figured out how stupid keeping up with the jones really is and you wouldnt catch one of them dead in a uniform flexing as they would be too embarrassed to be seen in one.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I don't get the OP at all. So if a security guard takes pride in looking sharp in his uniform, you take offense? Conversely, a lo-so tourist walks into a department store without his shirt on, and you applaud that? What freakin planet are you from?

What someone decides to wear out in public is darn well a reflection of him/herself in any society. Do I judge someone at first impression based on how they're dressed? Damn right. It's natural. If someone doesn't bother to take a moment to dress decently for the occasion, it does reflect badly on them. Don't understand how some farangs can't grasp this basic concept.

are u thai?

I'm an American. And what difference does that make?

Years ago I turned up in Worzel Gummage order at a new Toyota dealership looking to buy a new car. Staff took one look at me and the car that I had arrived in (old Suzuki jeep) & didn't even lift their feet off the desk.

6 weeks later I returned wearing exactly the same clothing & tossed them the keys to a brand new vigo that i'd purchased elsewhere & asked them to do the 1000 km service :)

• Like 1

I dress in clothes covered in paint, shoes with holes in the bottom and shave once a month.

My local policeman knows the score though he actually sees why Im like this asks me when I can build his house laugh.png

Now if we can turn it round and go see the smartly uniformed persons living accommodation you might see something else?

Proof in that people in a poorer come up are all for show and will never really know what matters until the hit the western world and go back home and realise how backwards there world actually is

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

Thats just racist

Not like your implication that the natives need to visit the west in order to find out how 'backward' their own world is then?

Really naive response seeming what decade that photo was taken just shows your childish side.

I live in sydney and bangkok you know and my thai friends in sydney dont have as good a cell phones as my friends in bkk because they figured out how stupid keeping up with the jones really is and you wouldnt catch one of them dead in a uniform flexing as they would be too embarrassed to be seen in one.ere

You're calling a whole country backwards because of the cell phone models your mates own? cheesy.gif

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

Thats just racist

I live in sydney and bangkok you know and my thai friends in sydney dont have as good a cell phones as my friends in bkk because they figured out how stupid keeping up with the jones really is and you wouldnt catch one of them dead in a uniform flexing as they would be too embarrassed to be seen in one.ere

You're calling a whole country backwards because of the cell phone models your mates own? cheesy.gif

Can you read what year this is written ?

http://m.theage.com.au/business/how-thailands-evolution-into-a-stable-democracy-has-gone-into-reverse-20081104-5hqd.html

Ah yes those high up un-corruptible people eh, oh yes mucho respectlaugh.png

You have no idea what incorruptible means, you can`t even spell the word. Mucho? Are you from Barcelona?

What`s your point exactly and the point of this whole thread in fact?

si si ,I think you know my point, I see you have the spelling police uniform on today then?

U is next to I on the keyboard my badsad.png

Edited by kannot
  • Like 1

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

Thats just racist

How is racist? That was the guy's job he didn't only ferry bwanas around.

Anyway seems you've been getting the shitty end of the stick considering your avatar looks like Les Patterson on a good day.

• Like 1

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

Thats just racist

How is racist? That was the guy's job he didn't only ferry bwanas around.

Anyway seems you've been getting the shitty end of the stick considering your avatar looks like Les Patterson on a good day.

the avatar oh yeah another day in the office which happens to be in front of the 7\11 office hours are 11am-3pm and 5 pm till 12 midnight Edited by Rangsitreppin

Thats just racist

What is wrong with this picture? Did he have to rent a white man to pull the wagon?

The Thai King collects white elephants, in fact all white elephants born in Thailand belong to him automatically. I don't see the problem with that altough i 'm white.

I could buy me loads of gold or a big benz or whatever needed to be the big man in Thailand. I prefer to live my own dreams though.

To some of us a uniform says:

Unmotivated person, who follows and is controlled by others.

Military, police,, boy scouts....

Yup and uniforms in Thailand tell me they probably are sweating their balls off or sit in aircon all day. They all wear dark colors, i m so happy i don't have to wear that wai2.gif

bwana_zpsd02e5ab1.jpg

Thats just racist

Can you read what year this is written ?

http://m.theage.com.au/business/how-thailands-evolution-into-a-stable-democracy-has-gone-into-reverse-20081104-5hqd.html

Yes 2008 - that's 6 years ago. It's not really relevant to the fact that you consider them 'backward' because they don't have the same cell phones as your friends.

Major Generals - Admirals - Air Vice Marshalls...

Don't forget the Rear Admirals.

Major Generals - Admirals - Air Vice Marshalls...

Don't forget the Rear Admirals.

I never do. They have a warm place in my heart...

• Like 1

Yes I always have given more attention/respect to formally dressed Thais especially those dressed as go go dancers, strippers, sluts, etc, I am a patsy for formal wear of any kind. Crotchless, braless etc are mjy favorite, whats yours?

• Like 1

Man, you are one warped individual. So you're saying soldiers and police officers in your country--whose job it is to protect you and your rights--are just a bunch of unmotivated people who are controlled by others? I wish you had the courage to tell these folks to their face.

• Like 1

Mr S can you stop posting that picture of me being transported by a native.

Regards

Bwana

Sorry amphibious one. I was told you were the one between the poles w00t.gif

Me S, you know full well that my name is Caruthers, and that is me sat with my nice hat on :-)

Man, you are one warped individual. So you're saying soldiers and police officers in your country--whose job it is to protect you and your rights--are just a bunch of unmotivated people who are controlled by others? I wish you had the courage to tell these folks to their face.

Protect rights?

Good troll.

Protect rights?

Good troll.

What country are you from? Maybe not in your country, but in the USA, soldiers and police officers do take pride in their uniform.