formally dressed thais think they are perceived as more important?

Rangsitreppin

Me S, you know full well that my name is Caruthers, and that is me sat with my nice hat on :-)

Two Rs in Carruthers and it's a Scots name (and clan).

Wotto, that's the problem when I get one of my servants to post on my behalf whistling.gif

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I remember a best seller in North America " Dress to Impress" it extolled the values of clothes make the man and many people went with the idea it was when the economy was booming in North America and everyone so busy trying to climb to the top of Uriahs Heap.

Why should Thais be any different.

It may well be argued that a uniform gives a sense of superiority in some.

Clearly though, hiding behind an anonymous nic on Thai visa gives others this same sense.

As for being intimidated by a security guard in Thailand, the OP has issues....

• Like 1

To some of us a uniform says:

Unmotivated person, who follows and is controlled by others.

Military, police,, boy scouts....

Man, you are one warped individual. So you're saying soldiers and police officers in your country--whose job it is to protect you and your rights--are just a bunch of unmotivated people who are controlled by others? I wish you had the courage to tell these folks to their face.

Protect rights?

Good troll.

What country are you from? Maybe not in your country, but in the USA, soldiers and police officers do take pride in their uniform.

I did not say they did not have pride.

But "protecting peoples rights" is not accurate. In any country.

They protect private property rights.

If you think in the US that things like DHS, army and cops are there to protect "the common people" you are as brainwashed as they are.

Clearly though, hiding behind an anonymous nic on Thai visa gives others this same sense.

have you been to bangla road hollywood and seen a team 0f 20 plus security dressed in black beat a falang to a bloody pulp for accidently pissing on the seat back in 2010........?

have you been to bangla road hollywood and seen a team 0f 20 plus security dressed in black beat a falang to a bloody pulp for accidently pissing on the seat back in 2010........?
Or Have you seen near 10 thai security at the front of a bangla gogo almost murder a thai woman for god knows what reason . They spared her life but then held her arm on the gutter and broke it by holding it backwards then a team of thais lined up to deliver a heavy low kick breaking the arm ..... Back in 2009 .... I was 22 it was my first week in thailand. Edited by Rangsitreppin