chiropractor in Chiang mai

drtshill

I am new to Chiang Mai and I am a licensed Chiropractic Physician from Tennessee. I am looking at areas to open an office here in Chiang Mai and would appreciate any input. I live near Mae Jo university with my wife and two children. We look forward to making new friends and patients. I am also looking for a cheap commuter car/truck. I can be reached at 0949143367.

Dr. Terry S. Hill DC

It would be great if Chiang Mai had another licensed Chiropractor

Would be nice if you could post your Tennessee licence (number) and full details so that we could check your official status.

I'm sure that you understand we have to be really careful that you are genuine, before letting our backs and necks get cracked.

Maybe you could put in the search for us and show us the results?

http://health.state.tn.us/Licensure/default.aspx

Also, how much liability insurance would you carry and with whom?

Good luck, look forward to seeing further information from you.

Licensed in Tennessee #2319 active and I am insured in USA but it doesn't cover Thailand. I have worked here (Bangkok) since 2010. I'm sure the traditional massage therapists passing themselves off as doctors has jaded a few here in Chiang Mai as well.

Licensed in Tennessee #2319 active and I am insured in USA but it doesn't cover Thailand. I have worked here (Bangkok) since 2010. I'm sure the traditional massage therapists passing themselves off as doctors has jaded a few here in Chiang Mai as well.

Thank you.

You graduated in Pasadena, Texas as Doctor of Chiropractic and took extra training in Acupuncture.

You are registered in Tennessee until March 2016, with no violations on your profile.

I have no further questions and I wish you all the very best, as I said CM could use another genuine chiropractor.

Good luck in finding a place, I hope you do well.

I saw Dr. Philip Parry in November at Rajavej Hospital. At the time he was coming to the hospital two weekends a month. I just checked their website and they haven't updated with any clinic hours for him in December, but he was busy when I saw him in November. I very much like the way he "prescribes" exercise and yoga, with specific demonstration as a way to solve my problem rather than just "cracking" my back and telling me to come back next week like they do in the U.S. His method is much better.

Interested to see posts from both of the professionals on this thread--I did consult Ken Leeper a few years ago but his style was not that suitable for my back, not to say it didn't help but I have been clicked and manipulated far too much in the past and, these days my back responds much better to the sort of technique that 'Stefano' is referring to deep, soft tissue massage/manipulation.

I will make a note of both of your numbers and will get in touch some time.

Thanks for making your presence known.

• 1 month later...

Hey Doc, you had worked before in BKK near Ploenchit and your wife got last year a Baby. That would be nice, because I also will change to C.M. and would be happy to find there a good Chiropractor. Please let me know where you stay and give mir your Mobilnumber.

Riten

I saw Dr. Philip Parry in November at Rajavej Hospital. At the time he was coming to the hospital two weekends a month. I just checked their website and they haven't updated with any clinic hours for him in December, but he was busy when I saw him in November. I very much like the way he "prescribes" exercise and yoga, with specific demonstration as a way to solve my problem rather than just "cracking" my back and telling me to come back next week like they do in the U.S. His method is much better.

I saw Dr. Parry Friday Jan.30. He told me he was only coming every three weeks on Friday, Saturday and Sunday.

My lower back went out on the 23rd. I did the standard exercises every day for it and it slowly but surely got better. I thought well it is OK now but a check up would not hurt it any. I have had problems with it before. I went in to see him Friday and he had me sit on the bench and bend back. He ran his hand up and down my spine and said it was fine. Being I was feeling no pain and moving around normal I thought OK.

I also have a problem with my knee which I know is going to need replacing as It has already been operated on once. Also my hip has been making itself noticeable lately. I knew he couldn't do any thing about either but on the off chance I asked him.

He moved my leg around a little and said he could do nothing for the knee. He moved my other leg around and when it hurt I let him know. He said it was arthritis which I had already had x rays showing and he could do nothing.

Total cost nothing.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...

Hello doc, I have turtle neck from too much computer and bad sleeping habit(sleeping with double pillow while watching tv) which is causing sharp pain on my left upper arm near the shoulder. Can you treat this and how many sessions are required and how much will it set me back? Thanks

Hello doc, I have turtle neck from too much computer and bad sleeping habit(sleeping with double pillow while watching tv) which is causing sharp pain on my left upper arm near the shoulder. Can you treat this and how many sessions are required and how much will it set me back? Thanks

Do you realize that you've resurrected a thread that is a year old....blink.pngwhistling.gif

Please be informed that this weekend I will be working at the Rajavej Hospital in Chiang Mai on the following days:

Friday 5th February 9am - 1pm

Saturday 6th February 9am - 4pm.

Sunday 7th February 9am - 4pm.

The next clinic weekend will be on:

Friday 19th February 9am - 1pm

Saturday 20th February 9am - 4pm.

Sunday 21st February 9am - 4pm.

In USA recently, home of chiropractic manipulations, a famous celebrity lady went to the chiropractic 'doc' and died soon after.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/model-katie-death-fall-photo-shoot-article-1.2521755

Such 'docs' mean well and need a paying job but they do not practice anything approaching holistic treatments. Not all so called 'illness' can be cured, eg weak eyes due to aging, failing knee joints due to aging and massive beer bellies, hair loss due to genetic disposition, lower back pain due to hours of self-induced crappy posture at the computer and resulting weak abdominal muscles.

According to Wikipedia: Chiropractic The "specific focus of chiropractic practice" is chiropractic subluxation,[6] a concept for whose existence there is no good scientific evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic

But, suit thyself.

• 2 weeks later...

In USA recently, home of chiropractic manipulations, a famous celebrity lady went to the chiropractic 'doc' and died soon after.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/model-katie-death-fall-photo-shoot-article-1.2521755

Such 'docs' mean well and need a paying job but they do not practice anything approaching holistic treatments. Not all so called 'illness' can be cured, eg weak eyes due to aging, failing knee joints due to aging and massive beer bellies, hair loss due to genetic disposition, lower back pain due to hours of self-induced crappy posture at the computer and resulting weak abdominal muscles.

According to Wikipedia: Chiropractic The "specific focus of chiropractic practice" is chiropractic subluxation,[6] a concept for whose existence there is no good scientific evidence.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic

But, suit thyself.

Considering that Chiropractic was invented by a Canadian and the Canadian Chiropractic College has been around for 70 years - I don't think "USA is the home of chiropractic manipulation"

Please be informed that this weekend I will be working at the Rajavej Hospital in Chiang Mai on the following days:

John,

Are you a chiropractor? You're in Chiang Mai this weekend?

Jon

John,

Jon

he's neither a chiropractor nor a psychiatrist. one thing for sure, he's no brain surgeon.

John,

Jon

No I am not I am just some one who has had to use them off and on through out my working life. In retirement here in Thailand only once and he was very good for me. My experience with them has been some work very well for me and others don't but for other people it is the exact oppisate. The timer I saw Dr Parry he took away a little of the pain and I went back a second time and he told me he could not help me turned out I needed a hip replacement.

Here is his latest schedule.

Chiropractic clinic dates

Dr Philip Parry

Add to contacts

15/02/2016

[Flag this message]

To: Phil P

[email protected]

Hello,

Sunday 28th February 10am - 4pm.

Monday 29th February 9am - 1pm

Edited by northernjohn

It works for some things. Many are good at explaining exercises that help with overall health and at times prevention of problems.

I have a problem with the claims of lowering blood pressure and the healing of organic pathologies. Many, not all have a high aversion to vancines as well. That being said........Many pro athletes dont go anywhere without one. I myself had a bad experience with a long time joker chiro that "tested and talked " to my individual muscles and diagnosed me with adrenal disease. When asked for specifics it turned out he didnt even know what the adrenal system did. Anyways.......

John,

Jon

he's neither a chiropractor nor a psychiatrist. one thing for sure, he's no brain surgeon.

Sources please

• 7 months later...

My understanding is Dr Hill never opened a practice in Chiang Mai. He wanted to but he told me last year that the powers to be in Chiang Mai were making it virtually impossible for him to open a chiropractic office in Chiang Mai and alluded to the fact that they didn't want him cutting into their operations. It is unfortunate because Chiang Mai could sure use a good chiropractor here.