What's the current visa fee at Koh Kong?

jimbbc

• 3 weeks later...

no. everyone boycotts that border crossing like the plague. its just too much bad news in one place.

I don't; I like that border. Then again I've always arrived there on my 1-year Cambo visa extension so maybe you have a point. When I switch passports and get a new Cambo business visa, which will again be extended for a year, I'll probably initially enter at Poipet, where getting a business visa at the right price is quite straightforward, unless I happen to arrive with a pre-arranged business visa from the embassy in Bangkok in order to avoid the potential rip off at Koh Kong. On the other hand, maybe it just depends on your negotiating skills. After all, with no cross border transport and not a whole lot of people crossing that border, it's not like there's any reason to be in a rush so if you ask nicely and wait a little, you should be able to get your visa, whether it's a tourist or business visa, for the right price. To expedite it a bit, you could pay an extra 100 Baht on top of the official fee but I definitely wouldn't pay more than that.

• 1 year later...
On 12/12/2014 at 3:42 AM, heionus heretic said:

no. everyone boycotts that border crossing like the plague. its just too much bad news in one place.

Just a ridiculous comment from someone who repeats like a parrot what other people also repeat without knowing why...

This border is the easiest and fastest border to Cambodia.

On 1/2/2015 at 8:29 PM, Tomtomtom69 said:

I don't; I like that border. Then again I've always arrived there on my 1-year Cambo visa extension so maybe you have a point. When I switch passports and get a new Cambo business visa, which will again be extended for a year, I'll probably initially enter at Poipet, where getting a business visa at the right price is quite straightforward, unless I happen to arrive with a pre-arranged business visa from the embassy in Bangkok in order to avoid the potential rip off at Koh Kong. On the other hand, maybe it just depends on your negotiating skills. After all, with no cross border transport and not a whole lot of people crossing that border, it's not like there's any reason to be in a rush so if you ask nicely and wait a little, you should be able to get your visa, whether it's a tourist or business visa, for the right price. To expedite it a bit, you could pay an extra 100 Baht on top of the official fee but I definitely wouldn't pay more than that.

What ripoff ? Paying $5 more which is still less than what an online evisa costs ?