Where can you buy pre-made steel security doors in CM?

bangmai

The consistency in building any part of a dewelling in this country is non existent, thus ready made is not a good choice, There are many decent shops who do this type of work. They will show pictures for you to make a chice, measure what you want, go to shop build and return, install for fixed fee.I have doors had security doors as well as security bars installed on windows and its another thing they are good at here.

• Like 1

I bought three steel security doors (with steel frames) at Thai Watsadu in Phitsanulok. I would guess that if there is a Thai Watsadu in CM, they would have these doors. I purchased the PU foam core version: stronger, and heat and sound insulation. They were not cheap but are very nice quality. I have had them installed in my shop and garage for almost two years and no problems at all. Thai Watsadu is the only place I have seen steel security doors in Thailand.

They are desgined to be installed into concrete (Thais pour concrete around them.). I do not know about installing them into a wood framed construction. Like Slapout said, little consistency in most buildings. I bought these doors before the openings were made and made sure my guys knew and understood that the openings had to fit the doors and frames -- not the other way around as is the usual practice here. They did a perfect job.

Ironically, the only thing that is fairly consistent in this metric country is the 1/2 inch plumbing fittings. I need a bathroom door that is 199 x 69....and I've been to stores that had hundreds of 200 x 70, but they don't cut. The neighbor was getting one put in, and the guy told me 500 thb and I buy the door....thought that would be great, then looked at his workmanship...I could have done better with a hijacker knife. And those thin wood doors aren't going to last long in the bathroom. So I was thinking of just getting a pre-hung steel screen that is 70 cm wide and putting on the frame. Where are the Mexicans, when you need them?

I put stantard teak louvered doors (heavy/thick) in the bathrooms (have lasted 20 years) had them cut to size, the builder put them in, upside down so I had him turn them over for modesty sake. He might have been a peeper as a youngster. They allow circulation of air so the mirror does not have hand prints from wiping the fog off after a hot shower

If you still want to do yourself measure the door and show the people who build them you design and the size anf take home and play carpenter/builder for a day.

About all you need in hand tools is a drill with good bit selection, screwdtiver, some cement plastic /metal anchors, and the proper screws. If you put it on a slide top and bottom no need to cut notches, door jams, etc.

Edited by slapout

I put stantard teak louvered doors (heavy/thick) in the bathrooms (have lasted 20 years) had them cut to size, the builder put them in, upside down so I had him turn them over for modesty sake. He might have been a peeper as a youngster. They allow circulation of air so the mirror does not have hand prints from wiping the fog off after a hot shower

If you still want to do yourself measure the door and show the people who build them you design and the size anf take home and play carpenter/builder for a day.

About all you need in hand tools is a drill with good bit selection, screwdtiver, some cement plastic /metal anchors, and the proper screws. If you put it on a slide top and bottom no need to cut notches, door jams, etc.

Yes, I sliding wood door would be fine and eliminate the cutting/routing. Who sells wood sliders?

Never seen wood slide but wooden doors can be afixed to the top metal sliders by screwing them onto the hangers which are required no matter what door material is desired. The bottom slider is only to keep door in place vertically and to attach a security device on the bottom. A boom stick cut to length works good and requires only a method to cut it neat.. The sliders require drilling holes and attaching slider to the wall above entry, while the bottom is screwed down to the floor.

Edited by slapout