Thai Inte'l fares... a joke

ezzra

I'm looking to book BKK-Melbourne 30 days ticket for next month, TG asking b. 53,000

economy return, while Malaysian airlines, Brunei airlines, and Jetstar asking around

b. 30,000 with similar amenities to TG, if this is not a joke than I don't know what a joke is,

Wake up TG and small the cheap tickets around you, no matter how many new directors

and CEO's will be moved around and replaced, you, as an airline are out of touch with

reality...

• Like 1

Australian school holidays are not the best time to be looking for a low fare.

A quick search I did showed Thai @ 41k, Qantas 48k, Cathay 51k and Garuda @ 50k so Thai doesn't seem so bad considering it is a direct flight unlike the rest (Jetstar excluded).

Didn't check the fares, but Malaysian and Brunei should have a stop-over. Despite all this I agree that Thai is over priced with quite a poor service. The Star Alliance times are gone, including Lufthansa (I know they don't fly this route themselves) Nevertheless, the cheapest fare may not be the best option.

Fatfather

Jetstar asking around b. 30,000 with similar amenities to TG

Um, this one statement makes anything you say as ridiculous !!!!!! LOL , clearly you have never traveled on ScabStar. Yeah, THAI pricing is stupid, but saying ScabStar is on par is retarded IMO. I am not anti "budget" airlines at all, you can not compare AirAsiaX and ScabStar to Oz. Chulk and Cheese.

• Like 1

Jetstar v Thai Airways: Bangkok - Melbourne direct.

Jetstar are usually a lot cheaper, even when you add on their overpriced meals and now quite good entertainment package.

If you're lucky you can at times get JS Business (more like premium economy) for not much more than than the Thai economy price.

Jetstar use the new Dreamliner for this route, a nice flying experience.

I haven't flown Thai on this route for a while but I don't think their planes will be as new.

Service on JS is okay, Thai hasn't been anything special in economy for years either in my experience.

Jetstar v Thai Airways: Bangkok - Melbourne direct.

Jetstar are usually a lot cheaper, even when you add on their overpriced meals and now quite good entertainment package.

If you're lucky you can at times get JS Business (more like premium economy) for not much more than than the Thai economy price.

Jetstar use the new Dreamliner for this route, a nice flying experience.

I haven't flown Thai on this route for a while but I don't think their planes will be as new.

Service on JS is okay, Thai hasn't been anything special in economy for years either in my experience.

OK, I may have been a little bit hard on the OP, I can't edit it, but with my experiences with ScabStar I maintain my opinion.

PS, normally THAI flights are much cheaper bought in Oz than Thailand, I know folks who travel regularly, who live in Thailand, want direct and do this. ie, if you go often enough, go 1 way once, then use a Oz BKK Oz ticket for the rest of your life !

We need to go to London in April and return from Amsterdam three weeks later, Emirates come in at 58,000 Baht for two of us whilst Etihad are asking 54,000 Baht.

If I really want to save money I can fly with Ukrainian International who would charge 49,000 Baht for two.

Thai want 122,000 Baht, more than double the second most expensive fare!!

I have just returned to Australia on a Melbourne-CNX-Sydney fare which cost me all of $A854 on TG. For that, I got all the normal full service airline perks, including an aisle seat in an exit row on both long haul flights. Personally, I thought it great value, far better than Air AsiaX or Jetstar. It was a promotional fare that Thai don't seem to be offering at the moment and I'm not surprised - the 747 into Sydney was just about full.