wife wants BOTOX ..best and cheapest place in bkk or pattaya ?

dirtycash

hi

wifey wants botox treatment, can anyone advise best / cheapest place in pattaya or maybe bkk to get this done ? also will she need to get it done every 3-6 months ?

she is 38 years old and she wants it done on crow feet eye area and also forehead - stress lines / frown area.

thankyou

you can get cheap but good !! and i probably worded that wrong anyway, you can get less expensive treatment , if you shop around ;-)

sheryl thankyou for your info, two doctors names you gave me give me a quote of around 16000 baht for forehead and eyes ...it is 250 baht per unit, is this ok ?

it was an estimated quote.

Edited by dirtycash

That sounds about right, yes. The feeling I get when chatting to folk who work in clinics is that competition has become quite tough- it's worth mentioning you've been quoted discounts at other places and see if they'll knock some off.

you can get cheap but good !! and i probably worded that wrong anyway, you can get less expensive treatment , if you shop around ;-)

sheryl thankyou for your info, two doctors names you gave me give me a quote of around 16000 baht for forehead and eyes ...it is 250 baht per unit, is this ok ?

it was an estimated quote.

Sounds typical in my experience.

If she doesn't need much i.e. if there is just one or two spots, you might ask if it could be charged by unit rather than by area. Otherwise this is about as good a price as you'll get for genuine Botox.

Also might consider Dysport rather than Botox - does the same thing and costs a bit less. It also shows results faster (starts to work more quickly).

• Like 1

The botox training for dermatologists and non dermatologists is essentially the same and it is far from rocket science.

why would generic equivalent botox not be as good? millions throughout the world use generic pharmaceuticals daily with comparable if not equal results

• Like 1

Like Kleenex and Band-Aid, Botox is a brand name that’s become indistinguishable from the product. But in a new randomized study, Botox’s newer competitor, Dysport, appeared to have the edge in smoothing wrinkles.

http://healthland.time.com/2011/06/21/face-off-botox-vs-dysport-which-works-better/

Study

http://archfaci.jamanetwork.com/article.aspx?articleid=1149969&resultClick=3

I used to pay 5,000 for 50 units...that did the forehead and between the eyes, your wife would have her yeas done too for same amount....The prices have shot up to around 7,500 for 50 units. However walking down by tuck com on the same side walking towards the beach, I found a new shop just opened, 5,000 for 50 units ! She said it's legit Korean stuff- same as I've had in the past. I'm having it done Thursday- PM me if you want to know how it went !

Edited by ginglee

The botox training for dermatologists and non dermatologists is essentially the same and it is far from rocket science.

why would generic equivalent botox not be as good? millions throughout the world use generic pharmaceuticals daily with comparable if not equal results

I've had the Korean botox Neuronox. I've been very happy with it. I don't see any differences in quality. Just price. In Bangkok I am paying 9100 baht for 70 units. (I have a big forehead) .. So that's 130 per unit.

As Cheryl said the more you use it, the less often you go. I don't think Dysport is much better or cheaper. Dysport you need to have more units compared to botox or neuronox.

Tip:

MAKE SURE you see the vial/bottle they are using to inject you. If you decide with the much more expensive Allergan Botox, make sure that you see them actually using allergan botox. Some places will tell you it's american botox (or allergan botox) just for you to pay 26,000 baht instead of 15,000 baht. Most people wouldn't know the difference between them anyway.

• Like 2

Ok, lets take an example of Thai FDA approved Korean Botulax ®. This product would generally be administered at 150baht per unit. This would include the product and the doctor fee. Now, a 38 year old woman would likely not need a 100 units. Lets say a vial is 100 or 150 units; lets say 100 units. different places on forehead, between eyes, etc., require different amounts of units. But I do not think a woman at her age would need 100. My buddy visited recently and we did his face at 50 years old and he needed the full 100 units. His wife required about 1/2 that and she was 40 years.

It is common to followup in x weeks for initial tweaking by the same doc, ideally. It is also vital to know the exact botulism product you use the first time so another doctor can satisfactorily enhance the first treatment instead of mixing products. In the case I mentioned the vial of 100 unit Botulax cost approximately 4,200 just for the doctor to buy it. My wife is a Thai MD specializing in this and related and she says generally can expect to pay 10,000 baht (she also said to contact her and she would do a better deal! ha! Not sure we can say that here so let me put in this way- we did my buddy's face for 4500. My wife would gladly answer your personal questions and direct you accordingly. We are in Thailand but no longer in BKK). But seriously, if you have any questions please feel free to PM me, but these are rough and accurate enough prices for your questions.

I actually attended a Botox seminar for thai doctors recently (it was all thai and I could hardly understand every detail but I already know the general medical procedures and served as a guinea pig mate who joined the group so they could practice). What struck me as odd is that they did not use anesthetic. Ok; the thinking being that if you are injecting a 27g needle no need to inject twice, anesthetizing first. But in my opinion this missed the point. (This is a valid position if suturing a child with a few sutures- better to just go and get it done; but this is different and there are choices). Topical gel anesthetic should be applied with a cotton applicator on all the surgical wax marks the doc makes (in prep drawing) and after ten minutes they are each wiped away, and the injection given without great pain, then ice applied to decrease local tissue damage and swelling later. I am a pretty strong man and I thought the way they did it hurt like a MF-r. So, for me at 80 units it hurt a bunch and I would always prefer the silly dots of gel for ten minutes from the nurse while waiting for the doc to inject. Just food for thought. If its her first time, clarify this point with your doc.

Edited by arjunadawn

Cheapest way really would be you administering it via needle and syringe yourself, and to save additional costs perhaps try using this https://www.clorox.com/products/clorox-toilet-bowl-cleaner-with-bleach/ instead...

Free of charge would be accepting the ways of the Lord and being happy with the naturally given appearance instead of letting your missus pump poison into her system... What is wrong with you people? Haven't you seen enough Botox horror shows on youtube????

Edited by catweazle

Cheapest way really would be you administering it via needle and syringe yourself, and to save additional costs perhaps try using this https://www.clorox.com/products/clorox-toilet-bowl-cleaner-with-bleach/ instead...

Free of charge would be accepting the ways of the Lord and being happy with the naturally given appearance instead of letting your missus pump poison into her system... What is wrong with you people? Haven't you seen enough Botox horror shows on youtube????

Of course he is only kidding (I hope). Perhaps I am too serious but I want to re state this is not a valid technique other than to injure yourself. Always seek competent medical authorities. I will give you one example: certain masseter/facial muscles have a paradoxical effect. So, when paralyzed because these certain muscles normally work agonist antagonist to achieve their parity and function, botox can actually have the surprising response of elevating, grimace, or ptosis- collapsing muscle system. Please seek medical doctor with experience. Botulism is an anaerobic toxin secreted in air free environments from collstridium botulinium. It is quite paralytic and misuse can really hurt you. I think catweazle was playing but I don't know who reads this stuff so i want to emphasize do not do this, please.

I don't understand chicks. My gf had it done today. She is 33 and says she needs it. She is well aware I'm a retired quack and advised strongly against. When I said .... look at me I'm 60 why do you worry about couple of wrinkles.

She says..." No, you a baby you have no hair "