AVG TUNE UP 2015 And Its Unbelievable Features.....

lostinisaan

Hello and Sawasdee khrap,

I could finally get my PC and laptop ready, deleted quite a lot of unnecessary Malwareeating and other nonsense programs. AVG's tune up 2015 enabled me to do all needed tasks in one program.

There's also an option to create "send to" "copy to" when you right click on any folder, which I had a while ago, but disappeared after a new program set up.

The cleaning the registry tool, getting rid off junk files, plus various other features make that program to one of my favorite ones.

Would be very interesting if other members would give it a try and post their experiences with this program.

I'm using Kaspesky as my Anti virus program, deleted all the other useless programs, I thought they were useful and got two very fast and full functioning machines now.

Got my C drives backed up with Acronis 2014 true image and if there's a problem, I'll get my machine back to where it was within 40 minutes, without re installing anything.

I think I've tried almost all Anti Malware and Antivirus programs and i believe that many of them are creating problems for your machine. So many posters here writing about their "free and fantastic programs", but many might not understand that you also download too many unwanted viruses, hijackers and other bs.

My special thanks to a member of TVF who'd really opened my eyes regarding the right use of programs and gave me best advice. Thanks.

• Like 1

Had some bad experiences with their AV program, no more want anything from AVG.

I also had my own experience with AVG Antivirus programs, but this tune up program seems to be a real good one.

But producing shitty Anti virus programs and offering a real good tune up program are two different shoes.

And there're quite a few people on this forum who believe the free version of AVG Anti Virus is one of the best. And running Baidu, Malwarebytes and various other products at the same time.

Please, I'm not advertising for AVG, but I think it's phenomenal what this program does.

Just the fact that you're using only one program to do some needed maintenance is cool. And I could get my send to- move to- copy to options back.

Cleans the registry in a very effective way, why not give it a try?

Edited by lostinisaan

Just as a friendly word of warning when using programs to clean your registry. If you don't know what you are doing or aren't sure what you are removing, using these programs could result in a non-bootable PC. BE careful.

Thanks. I've got this program now on three machines installed. On my PC, my notebook and the school PC.

It really speeded all three up and it won't be a problem if something goes wrong. All are backed up with Acronis.

Just as a friendly word of warning when using programs to clean your registry. If you don't know what you are doing or aren't sure what you are removing, using these programs could result in a non-bootable PC. BE careful.

Thanks. I've got this program now on three machines installed. On my PC, my notebook and the school PC.

It really speeded all three up and it won't be a problem if something goes wrong. All are backed up with Acronis.

Good For you that you create Images, but most persons who use registry cleaners never make Images before they start, or don't know how to do it.

Fyi, Ccleaner also has the option to clean the registry.

Edited by MJCM

CCleaner is still pretty good, but I stopped praising it from the moment it started to run automatically in the tray by default. Possible to turn off this feature though.

Yes exactly, The first tweak I do after installing it is to remove that option. The 2nd tweak is adding my custom winapp2.ini thumbsup.gif

Edited by MJCM

Please feel free to download the MS 2013 office word document and see what i'm trying to say. I'm sorry to say that again, but all these free CC cleaner, Malwarebyte and other programs are finally only causing problems, because you're also downloading other spam.

I truly believe that this is the reason why it's offered for free...free problems and headaches. Formatting hard drives, if it's really not needed, etc...

And having a program that enabled me to get my old "move to"- " copy to" etc setup back's already worth the program for me.

Not to mention a dramatically start up and shut down time. Please try it and let me know what you think of it. I'm not bullshitting anybody here.

It took me many moons to finally figure out which programs are just a waste of time and which ones are necessary.

Cheers-wai2.gif

P.S. I've only tinted my Windows keys.

AVG's Performance.docx

Edited by lostinisaan

AVG free best antivirus out there. Why? Because its free and does the job just fine.

Beg to differ, but it's good that you are happy, but my choice of AV would be Avast (also free) or Emsisoft AM (not free) but with added support of Malwarebytes and HitmanPro (both non-resident) and of course with Appguard.

Are you aware of the successful lawsuit against Tuneup Utilities 2014 (authored by AVG) in the USA on the grounds that Tuneup Utilities was worthless and actually caused damage to machines' registries? AVG was forced to pay restitution. It's a matter of public record.

Are you aware of the successful lawsuit against Tuneup Utilities 2014 (authored by AVG) in the USA on the grounds that Tuneup Utilities was worthless and actually caused damage to machines' registries? AVG was forced to pay restitution. It's a matter of public record.

Nope, never heard about it. My thread is about the 2015 version. If three machines are fast as racehorses, plus all the already mentioned features, it must do something outstanding.

Three months, three different machines and never a problem. Aee BTW there's also a duplicate finder. I could free 12 GB of space as I had many files twice.

Will get back when it crashes. For the free is the best sayers, please download a free Trial of Kaspersky Anti virus, update it and do a full scan.

I've tried almost all and hate the fact that I need to find some programs to delete a program that hangs somewhere in my registry. I always use Uninstaller Pro and delete all parts of an unwanted program, as most leave traces on your machine,

If you think the free AVG Anti virus is the best, please consider Santa Claus as real too.

The result is amazing, what's in your machine over the years.A good week for all. -wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

It strikes me as tragic that Windows in this day and age is so insecure that it is vulnerable to malware and you need to install antivirus software, and so badly designed that you need to purge the registry periodically and defragment the file system. Why on earth would anyone willingly pay for (or pirate) the steaming pile of ordure that is Microsoft software when free, technically superior versions are readily available?

• Like 1

I use both AVD Tune Up 2014 and AVG Anti Virus. Both seem to do the job fine after backing everything uo with Acronis 20144. BUT can someone explain why if I run the Tune Up utility it finds some things to delete, which I do, and then when I run the 1-Click clean up, it still finds more? Does C Cleaner not delete all your saved passwords etc?

I use both AVD Tune Up 2014 and AVG Anti Virus. Both seem to do the job fine after backing everything uo with Acronis 20144. BUT can someone explain why if I run the Tune Up utility it finds some things to delete, which I do, and then when I run the 1-Click clean up, it still finds more? Does C Cleaner not delete all your saved passwords etc?

It does if you tell it to and it does not if you tell it not to. Great tool for people who actually read the text next to the checkboxes :)
  • Like 1

It does if you tell it to and it does not if you tell it not to. Great tool for people who actually read the text next to the checkboxes smile.png

Touche !

I found Acronis a bit tricky, hadn't realized it was impossible to boot for restoring from USB-connected drive. As I recall, we had put the image on an external HD.

How did you do it ?

sad.png

You put bootable media onto a DVD or a USB stick, then boot from that, telling the bios of course. You can then restore from an external HD.

It does if you tell it to and it does not if you tell it not to. Great tool for people who actually read the text next to the checkboxes smile.png

Gregory, have you tried Privazer yet ??

http://privazer.com/

Gregory, have you tried Privazer yet ??

http://privazer.com/

Not before you posted the link, thanks! It has a nice feature lacking in CCleaner - USB devices history cleanup. Interface design sucks though :)

Not so sure. Reviews on download.com were pretty cruel... :-)

http://download.cnet.com/AVG-PC-TuneUp/3640-18512_4-12774909.html

I've been using TuneUp Utilities for over 8 years on a Windows Desktop PC and haven't had any major issues. As with any PC optimizer, it does have the potential to mess up things pretty bad. You need to review the proposed changes prior to committing them. PC Tools Registry Mechanic was known to do some pretty bad things and there were some versions of TuneUp Utilities that were pretty buggy. The recent versions of TuneUp Utilities do clear previous restore points. In looking at the CNet comments, the really bad complaints seem to come from people who didn't really know what they were doing. As could be from competitors. I've newer used the 'free' or hacked versions. In the past the free version could do some nasty things at then end of the free trial period, leaving you in an unrecoverable state. You should do an image backup of your boot drive. Prior to the 2015 version it wasn't expensive. As usual AVG has bundled crap you don't need and it's more expensive. Hacked versions do have the possibility of introducing malware.

• Like 1

I found Acronis a bit tricky, hadn't realized it was impossible to boot for restoring from USB-connected drive. As I recall, we had put the image on an external HD.

How did you do it ?

sad.png

You must put the bootable media onto a DVD or USB stick, then you boot from that after telling the bios to do it, and then restore your back-up, which should be on an external HD.

• Like 1