Wine

h90

do you think that wine would grow in Bangkok area?

I do not intent to open a winery, I mean just for beautification of our house.

You can buy them at Jatujak for B20-B50 each (depending on type of grape). You may need to give them semi-shade while they are small but once they grow big they can take full sun-light.

Absolutely! Grapes from France have been grown here for 320 years!

Although, for the first 280+ years they were used only as table grapes. It was only in the past 20- 40 years that entrepreneurial Thai's began turning them into wine. Presently, there are over 4,000 hectares of vineyards in production in the Chao Phraya delta.

Those ventures have been so successful they inspired a couple of new phrases in viticulture. To wit: 'New Latitude Wines' and 'Floating Vineyards'

There's quite a bit to be learned on the Monsoon Valley Winery site, as well. Plus, there's even a Bangkok Wine Society.

Absolutely! Grapes from France have been grown here for 320 years!

Although, for the first 280+ years they were used only as table grapes. It was only in the past 20- 40 years that entrepreneurial Thai's began turning them into wine. Presently, there are over 4,000 hectares of vineyards in production in the Chao Phraya delta.

Those ventures have been so successful they inspired a couple of new phrases in viticulture. To wit: 'New Latitude Wines' and 'Floating Vineyards'

There's quite a bit to be learned on the Monsoon Valley Winery site, as well. Plus, there's even a Bangkok Wine Society.

I know there is wine, but I thought only in the north where it is cooler, I did not know from Bangkok.

They also grow a lot of it in Ratchaburi - not exactly a cool part of the country. Most of it is used to produce grape juice etc. Few, if any of the thai wineries make any money on the wine they produce (and few are drinkable although a good alternative when you need wine for cooking).