What is the best ''bang for the buck'' boat company?

Hi, I'll be spending the first week of February in Samui, and I will need some boat services.

1) to the full moon (what is the right price to pay to have a safe charter service?)

2) to Ang Thong Marine Park

3) I would like to do a fishing trip (is it worth it?)

I've been looking online to find a good reliable company and I lean toward Petcherat. They seem a little expensive though.

Samui Boat Charter looks like a good one too.

Would you recommend those companies? Or another one?

Do I need to book in advance if I'm on a tight schedule?

Thank you in advance for your kind suggestions.

I always use Grandsea Adventure tours, always had good service with them...

I would pay directly with the company, (located in Banrak) to avoid "agent fees"

They have quite a few well maintained boats (12 if memory serves) so booking at last minute is not usually a problem... but, they also pick you and drop you off at the hotel but that needs to be booked in advance...

The National marine park, is really worth a trip... remember though you pay 200 baht extra for entrance fee!

Look at post 558 on onwards here, that will give you an idea of what you will see at the Marine park! it's breath taking! thumbsup.gif

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/125263-images-of-samui-phangan-and-tao/page-23

Edited by samuijimmy

Samui Boat charter is more expensive, but they only take a limited amount of people on the boat, so there is always plenty of space. I did the Ang Thong trip a few weeks ago and there were only about 11.or 12 people on board. Their office is in Fisherman's Village just past Starfish & Coffee.

petcherat is also fine

expensive yes but quality

we use these guys for VIP full moon transfers

again expensive but you dont wait in line for hours like the rest of the cheaper hoardes , you just cruise on to the front of the vip line and off you go

well worth it