Well Diving in Rhek Thum

HeijoshinCool

Truly enjoyed this story. Thanks for giving me many laughs this AM. clap2.gifclap2.gifclap2.gif

Glad you enjoyed it.

It's pretty darn funny now. But back then, when my legs were seizing up, there came a moment I thought I was going to die. If that guy from next door hadn't arrived ...

Your misadventures and pratfalls in a small Thai village would make a good collection of short stories.

W.A.R.Wood [Consul in Paradise], and Denis Segaller [Thai Ways], both mined the genre, but their experiences were based on a fundamental understanding of the country and people they were writing about.

Your comic adventures in Rectum are typically modern and would resonate with the hordes of clueless farangs who now call Thailand home.

The reality is that in the countryside they are barely tolerated as cash-cows and are laughed at behind their backs.

This is a rich vein of humourous material that should be exploited by someone who is endowed with a bit of literary skill.

• Like 1

Did fatso make you fix the damage to the Well?

He lives in Bangkok, and after that episode, which took place in late 2010, or early 2011, I didn't see him again for months. When he did show back up, he avoided me. Almost comically. Have never spoken with him again.

So there was one benefit to jumping down the well. I do wonder how it affected his placement in Uncle Kee's will.

Pepsi, despite numerous smacks, follows me everywhere.

• Like 1

Your misadventures and pratfalls in a small Thai village would make a good collection of short stories.

W.A.R.Wood [Consul in Paradise], and Denis Segaller [Thai Ways], both mined the genre, but their experiences were based on a fundamental understanding of the country and people they were writing about.

Your comic adventures in Rectum are typically modern and would resonate with the hordes of clueless farangs who now call Thailand home.

The reality is that in the countryside they are barely tolerated as cash-cows and are laughed at behind their backs.

This is a rich vein of humourous material that should be exploited by someone who is endowed with a bit of literary skill.

I have notes on all of my experiences in Rhek Thum, and other places in Thailand. They could easily fill a book.

I've read Thai Ways. Not funny, as you say, but insightful, though now a bit dated.

Laughing behind our back? Never!

whistling.gif

• Like 1

next time think before you go diving into wells. hydrogen sulphide which is heavier than air gathers in these places and is deadly toxic. kills many people every year in similar situations. it is produced from decomposing organic matter eg dead frogs etc. think youself lucky. me i would have watched the dog die.thumbsup.gif

Guess I'm just Rhek-less.