Bangkok: Ebola conference gets going

webfact

Ebola conference gets going
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Ministry of Public Health is staging an international conference on Ebola-response measures in the Asean sub-region.

The two-day event, which began yesterday, is being held at the Royal Orchid Sheraton Hotel in the capital.

Those attending include the public health ministers from Thailand, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Malaysia, Laos, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, China, Japan and South Korea. Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha presided over the opening ceremony. World Health Organisation (WHO) director Margaret Chan gave the keynote address via video conference call from WHO headquarters in Switzerland.

The conference aims to raise awareness of Ebola and establish grounds for the handling of any cases of the deadly disease in Asean Plus 3 member countries. Topics on the menu include prevention measures, the treatment of Ebola patients, laboratory diagnosis, cooperation in terms of medical human resources, and consideration for the possibility of sending aides to nations facing the disease.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Ebola-conference-gets-going-30249831.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-12-15

Well, did anyone mention that Thailand has the cure?

was my 1st thought. What are they going to do at this conference, stand up and say we have the vaccine and cure and you're not getting any ha ha ha. Suckers kiss my sweet little buttocks and die Suckers.

One startling omission, there are no Whitey's on the country list or invited Guests that I see ,However Thailand should be congratulated on this conference , any effort, even the feel good PR exercise is better than nothing , I guess the guest will be told how advanced and how happy the country has become since the Coup. coffee1.gif

• Like 1

One startling omission, there are no Whitey's on the country list or invited Guests that I see ,However Thailand should be congratulated on this conference , any effort, even the feel good PR exercise is better than nothing , I guess the guest will be told how advanced and how happy the country has become since the Coup. coffee1.gif

Can we expect the usual OTT positive statement at the conclusion ?

Of Course we can. Wonder how they'll work the PM's name into it ?

If one ebola infected person walks around in Bangkok he/she could infect thousands innocent people by just sneezing above the openly stalled food which is everywhere.

Even the Japanese bakery's don't cover their freshly baked breads so i won't buy it. Why not pack it in the plastic bags as soon as it has chilled from being baked? It will end up in that bag anyway.

Also foodvendors on markets should cover their prepared food, why do they think the Western world has strict rules for that while it isn't even hot there?

If the Junta can get its government cabinet ministers to hold international conferences in Thailand for 356 days a year (only about 10 conferences per cabinet minister!), Thai tourism could become healthy again. I'm waiting for the one on International Space Cooperation that will showcase Thailand's astrological technologythat grew out of the GT200 bomb detector technology.