'Maeya Mania' falls short on Miss World's international stage

webfact

'Maeya Mania' falls short on Miss World's international stage
By Coconuts Bangkok

maeya-header.jpg

LONDON: -- Thai hope to win worldwide acclaim that our women are the most beautiful fell short last night as Maeya failed to lost the international beauty contest that Thais very much looked forward to.

Although Miss Thailand Maeya Nonthawan wasn’t named the most beautiful girl in the world, she comes home as one of 11 finalists from the Miss World contest, held in London last night.

Maeya’s finalist spot was made possible by votes via a contest voting app. She received the most votes and for that won the “People’s Choice Award” and a spot in the top 11 automatically.

Thailand’s national fervor for pageants likely proved a big help, after all, as what other nations are as obsessed as Thailand and the Philippines? The two nations are still online debating the pageant in international forums everywhere.

Indeed a Thai-organized campaign online encouraged people to vote for Maeya, who had a lot of hopes riding on her as the tan-skin beauty who broke the bleached-skin mold that had been the pageant norm.

Full story: http://bangkok.coconuts.co//2014/12/15/maeya-mania-falls-short-miss-worlds-international-stage

cocon.jpg
-- Coconuts Bangkok 2014-12-15

Might have helped if she had looked more Thai.

Without the nose reconstruction for example.

Yes, you cannot help but see the 'Westernised' nose jutting out of her face.

Personally, I like the snub nosed look of a Thai woman. No need for surgery.

I personally thinks she is absolutely gorgeous. She is a much better advocate for Thailand than the previous years.

• Like 1

so the white skinned beauty is a pageant norm? Have they ever turned on Thai Tv or looked at a Thai ad? I think it is the Thai's that are obsessed with the white skin. Some of these tall gawky (Chinese or western mixed Thais) white skinned girls they put on a pedestal couldn't hold a candle to some of the truly beautiful tanned skin authentic Thai girls.

Thailand, do't blame the contest try and look inward for once you might find the solution to some of your problems.

• Like 1

Monkey nose. 55555

• Like 1

I personally thinks she is absolutely gorgeous. She is a much better advocate for Thailand than the previous years.

Yes, she does.

What the stupid OP report above fails to mention is that this year's Miss World Thailand finished the highest among all the Asian country entrants, if you don't count India as being Asian.

Thailand's entrant finished ahead of People's Republic, Indonesia, Malaysia, Vietnam, and Philiippines, in that order of finishers among the Asian countries. Didn't see Japan or Taiwan in the top 25 finishers.

I like honey coloured Issarn girls with nom lek and yai smiles.

Id vote for them... unless they had a nose job...

And, how much has that cost you so far?

Oh, maybe you are a farang with unrequited lust!!

Met mine in her coffee shop and we have been together for 7+ years, no need for me to stray or pay!!

Before her?? Plenty, but worth every satang.

You?

• Like 2

My God, Thailand, haven't you got something else to think about.

Yes...they are concerned about maintaining their "world's most edible bugs"..."Holiday honoring the chicken egg"...and "Porcelain Toilets"...need I say more?

I instantly draw the correlation between the color of her skin and that she got into the finals. She's darker than the previous ones. Now, next year get one that's not bleached and you've got a real shot at the title. And without a hacked nose, naturally.