Mom terrifies toddler with roach, captures his tears on video to show off her ace parenting

webfact

"Giving a child a slap occasionally is not wrong provided they know what the slap is for and because they did something dangerous to deserve it."

Hitting children teaches them to be hitters and prevents the child from learning how to resolve problems in an effective and humane way. Of course slapping a child works. It achieves the desired behavior but that behavior is motivated by fear which at tender, learning ages is now embedded in the childs psyche. Angry teenagers and violent adults don't just fall out of the sky.

And women wonder why some men grow up despising women and abusing them. The committee currently making reform recommendations should insist on good parenting being a compuosory subject for all children at senior school.

I hope all the condemnation here is coming from atheists, after all, Id hate to think any religious poster on this thread had ever told a kid they will burn in hell for all eternity if they dont believe in god.......or in the case of buddhism, come back in the next life as a frog or something.....

No one teaches anyone to be a parent, sometimes exasperation, tiredness and no idea what to do next cloud your judgement. This is not condoning the womans behaviour, but lets get off our high horses a little please....stupid does not necessarily mean bad.

PS no one ever said 'boo' to scare a child ? Or told them the boogie man gonna get you ? or said santa Claus wont come if youre bad ? These are all less extreme than this silly woman but the principal youre applying is exactly the same !!

Edited by Gentmartin
  • Like 2

I hope all the condemnation here is coming from atheists, after all, Id hate to think any religious poster on this thread had ever told a kid they will burn in hell for all eternity if they dont believe in god.......or in the case of buddhism, come back in the next life as a frog or something.....

No one teaches anyone to be a parent, sometimes exasperation, tiredness and no idea what to do next cloud your judgement. This is not condoning the womans behaviour, but lets get off our high horses a little please....stupid does not necessarily mean bad.

PS no one ever said 'boo' to scare a child ? Or told them the boogie man gonna get you ? or said santa Claus wont come if youre bad ? These are all less extreme than this silly woman but the principal youre applying is exactly the same !!

I can confirm

• Like 1

I see the PC crowd is out in force on this one.

Absolutely nothing to do with PC... It's blatant child abuse! God knows the long term affect that abuse will cause to this little child!

It's the tip of the iceberg. If shes does that, what else?

Not only did she do it ... she did it for the whole world to see. God only knows what she does to this kid behind closed doors.

• Like 1

Lots of judging on here of the mom. Do you have a two year old? Haven't you ever been driven crazy by them? The mom is trying to scare her son into being good without hitting him. Hell, even my wife does the "scary dookay (lizard) routine" with our child, not waving one at her of course, but just saying a dookay will get her if she's bad. It's harmless. I know a Thai woman studying for her PhD in linguistics and she recounts funny stories of her mom doing this to her when she was a child. "Eat your rice or the dookay will get you." She's grown up to be normal. It's just what they do, especially in the countryside.

So while all of you armchair psychologists are pounding away at the keyboard about how horrible this mother is and how she doesn't deserve children, and oh, that poor child....just think about what you are saying. Get angry at real violence like the man who while drunk beat and killed his 8 year old son who didn't do his homework. Get angry at the story in India of a mom who tossed her newborns in a bin. Get angry at the news of a child forced to live behind a secret wall in his own house. Get angry at REAL abuse, not this crap.

That woman does not need to apologize to us, and I'm glad she didn't.

Yeah ... it's called lazy parenting. There are much better ways that frightening a child ... you just gotta care more, and be more intelligent.

• Like 1

Try and put yourselves in the child's shoes with an adult perspective. OK, so you are not afraid of roaches but imagine a person four times your size waving and pointing a loaded pistol at you and you were pretty sure you were going to be shot. As an adult you would feel terrified and helpless just like the child felt. If you managed to survive, how would you feel about that person that terrorized you? To say the child (or you) would not have negative and unwanted effects is ludicrous.

• Like 1

Bitch mom, but sadly it's the typical Asian way of disciplining; through fear, intimidation & corporal punishment.

same in the Uk when I was a kid.only difference we didnt film eveything we did.

if we did Id bet most of the posters parents did similar things. All schools where I was brought up did a lot worse. Bloody hypocriticak thai hatrrs

Bitch mom, but sadly it's the typical Asian way of disciplining; through fear, intimidation & corporal punishment.

if we did Id bet most of the posters parents did similar things. All schools where I was brought up did a lot worse. Bloody hypocriticak thai hatrrs

• Like 1

Did you go to any of the English lessons?

Also they used to send kids up chimneys.

What a moronic point. Firstly we are 40 years on from when you were a kid and times change - they used to burn witches, doesn't mean it is acceptable in this day and age.

Secondly being bullied at school by scumbags who you know are scumbags and expect to get some aggro is wholly and utterly different from being tormented by someone you trust and most especially your mother. If you don't know the difference then I feel sorry for you.

Lots of judging on here of the mom. Do you have a two year old? Haven't you ever been driven crazy by them? The mom is trying to scare her son into being good without hitting him. Hell, even my wife does the "scary dookay (lizard) routine" with our child, not waving one at her of course, but just saying a dookay will get her if she's bad. It's harmless. I know a Thai woman studying for her PhD in linguistics and she recounts funny stories of her mom doing this to her when she was a child. "Eat your rice or the dookay will get you." She's grown up to be normal. It's just what they do, especially in the countryside.

So while all of you armchair psychologists are pounding away at the keyboard about how horrible this mother is and how she doesn't deserve children, and oh, that poor child....just think about what you are saying. Get angry at real violence like the man who while drunk beat and killed his 8 year old son who didn't do his homework. Get angry at the story in India of a mom who tossed her newborns in a bin. Get angry at the news of a child forced to live behind a secret wall in his own house. Get angry at REAL abuse, not this crap.

That woman does not need to apologize to us, and I'm glad she didn't.

Yes well most of us will be a whole lot angrier and upset about the people who do far worse. That first preclude one being disgusted by a mother terrorizing her child in an effort to make him eat his food. Perhaps she is a really lousy cook!

Thai culture has a lot of child disciplining threats linked to scary stuff such as "if you don't behave the tookae (gecko) will eat your liver, or the pee (ghost) will eat your liver. Having your liver eaten seems to be a common element that Hannibal lector would have enjoyed if he were a Thai toddler.

I think this mum was taking it a bit too literally by showing a sample. I guess she really wanted to get her point across but in a way is reinforcing a phobia that might last into adulthood.

Trying to reason with a "terrible two's" is very tiring but this short cut was a bit extreme.

post-112436-0-84444800-1418723787.jpg

Edited by smileydude

You can see the kid loves his mother but love is being destroyed by fear. He won't run because she knows she will beat him. Someone needs to plant their foot squarely in her ass......

so you prefer the physically violent approach?

So please tell me everyone... where can I find this guide you've all read on how to be a perfect parent? (I hope it's not one of those written by Bill Cosby!)

My parents are guilty of all the things you accuse this woman of. Should I call the police? Should I seek help from a psychiatrist?

Or should I just laugh at the ridiculous comments suggesting that this boy will suffer any long term damage from being threatened with an insect?

• Like 2

It's not the crime of the century.

In general my feeling is that psychological abuse of children is potentially much more damaging in the long term than physical abuse (such as spanking).

But psychological abuse is not easy visible and when it does, the damage is already done and it will take years to recover, if still possible ofcourse. Its the ultimate hate crime !

• Like 1

So please tell me everyone... where can I find this guide you've all read on how to be a perfect parent? (I hope it's not one of those written by Bill Cosby!)

My parents are guilty of all the things you accuse this woman of. Should I call the police? Should I seek help from a psychiatrist?

Or should I just laugh at the ridiculous comments suggesting that this boy will suffer any long term damage from being threatened with an insect?

laugh. These people are brainwashed by fox news and the like.

These thai haters use anything to rrlease their anger.

• Like 1