Leeds Will They Or Won't They?

warriors

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'll tell you what ! i'm as sick as a parrot. :o

Your avitar represents your feelings right now Tax I reckon......what can I say...I said you would stay up..but it was not to be..well many of us have tasted life outside the top two teirs .for me it seems like yesterday that we had a brand new stadium and got relegated to League One...crowds of 6,000......now look at us...thats football and anything can happen

At least you will be favourites to come back up at the first attempt

Well my nails are safe but it was a long long season Who would have thought when I started this subject that it would get soooooooooooooo much input. Yes I suppose a little smile comes across my face to see Watford take the big drop too after beating us to the Championship last year.

Oh well there is always 2010 to look forward to seeing them on the big screen in Gullivers Bangkok being back in the big league again. :o

As all Leeds fans we live in hope.

Edited by warriors

Leeds tumble to all-time low

By Trevor Haylett at Elland Road

Last Updated: 10:53pm BST 28/04/2007

Football fans' forum

Leeds United (1) 1 Ipswich (0) 1

Leeds United are down, and the reputation of their supporters sank with them as a pitch invasion forced a premature halt to a game that consigned a once formidable institution to the third tier of English football for the first time.

All-time low: the reality of Leeds United's plight begins to dawn on Richard Cresswell

It was already shaping up as the blackest day in the club's history, oblivion beckoning through Ipswich's 88th-minute equaliser and results elsewhere, when hundreds of fans swarmed onto the field, forcing referee Mike Jones to usher off the players even though the additional six minutes at the end of normal time had not expired.

It forced a delay of 30 minutes, and is sure to add disciplinary sanctions to the ignominy and financial constraints that will follow relegation to League One.

Football League spokesman John Nagle said: "It is deplorable for supporters to enter the field of play at any time. The events at Elland Road will be a matter for the Football Association to investigate, and these actions by a minority of Leeds supporters could have serious consequences for the club."

To be fair, the majority of the Elland Road faithful showed their disgust at the invading hordes. As they eventually retreated back into the stands, there were sporadic scuffles and chants of "scum" as their fellow fans delivered their own protest at those responsible for giving the Yorkshire club their lowly reputation.

Eventually Jones led the players back out again to fulfil the two minutes that remained. But there was to be no late salvation for Ken Bates, Dennis Wise and everyone associated with a club who, on three occasions, were crowned champions of England and who were competing in the Champions League semi-finals only six years ago, the play-off final for the Premiership only 12 months ago. Now visits to Hartlepool and Walsall await.

Alan Lee's equaliser meant that, with one game remaining, Leeds can reach 49 points, the same as Hull, and would need to make up a goal difference of nine on their Yorkshire rivals. With Leeds going to promotion-seeking Derby on the last day, while Hull host Plymouth, Wise admitted it was an "impossible" task.

"We're relegated, everybody knows that," said the manager who was summoned by chairman Bates in October to keep Leeds in the Championship. "It's the lowest point of my career, and a sad day for everyone at this club."

Wise said he took "full responsibility" for their demise, and vowed to stay on. "I didn't come here for five months, I came for a lot longer than that.

"As a group, and as a manager, we have not been good enough, but we will rebuild and it starts tomorrow.

"I will sit down with the chairman and discuss everything. We need to go through the club from top to bottom and will be giving it everything to make sure we go straight back up next season."

Leeds wanted an early goal to settle them down and it arrived in the 12th minute as Shane Supple could only parry David Healy's fierce cross-shot and Richard Cresswell stooped to head in.

Elland Road responded as one with a roar of approval, but if they believed it would put them in a comfort zone for the rest of the afternoon they were wrong.

Unbalanced, Leeds allowed Ipswich to dominate possession. The crowd were already fearing the worst when word filtered through that Hull had seized the lead at Ninian Park.

Then came the moment that etched despair on 30,000 faces and triggered all the nonsense. Leeds - or at least the reprehensible faction in the stands - would not go quietly and, sadly, few would have expected anything else.

sunday telegraph.

does anybody really think that they will ever get back into the premiership again ?

leedsfans.org.uk

Managers ratings are based simply on points scored out of maximum points available, based on 3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, none for a defeat, and include all full first team fixtures.

From To Name Score

1919 1920 Dick Ray 33.33%

1920 1927 Arthur Fairclough 44.48%

1927 1935 Dick Ray 48.83%

1935 1947 Billy Hampson 39.39%

1947 1948 Willis Edwards 33.33%

1948 1953 Frank Buckley 48.21%

1953 1958 Raich Carter 49.31%

1958 1959 Bill Lambton 41.11%

1959 1961 Jack Taylor 40.33%

1961 1974 Don Revie 62.12%

1974 1974 Brian Clough 28.57%

1974 1978 Jimmy Armfield 53.20%

1978 1978 Jock Stein 50.00%

1978 1980 Jimmy Adamson 45.58%

1980 1982 Allan Clarke 40.87%

1982 1985 Eddie Gray 47.98%

1985 1988 Billy Bremner 47.79%

1988 1996 Howard Wilkinson 52.80%

1996 1998 George Graham 48.42%

1998 2002 David O'Leary 57.47%

2002 2003 Terry Venables 43.65%

2003 2003 Peter Reid 33.33%

2003 2004 Eddie Gray 32.05%

2004 2006 Kevin Blackwell 48.99%

2006 Dennis Wise 36.46%

leedsfans.org.uk is run by Jabba. Autogenerated at Sun Apr 22 23:47:02 2007 Credits

Sad day indeed. Just hope we don't get a points deduction for the start of next season.

Time to bring on the youth and start from scratch.

Marching on together....

The minority of Leeds fans who are idiots should be f#cked off. Don Revie , Billy Bremner , do these names mean anything to you and the history of your club :o .

But at the end of the day you lot still need to be putting the blame on O'Leary and Risdale , why did you let them get out of the city alive :D:D .

The behaviour of some of their fans reminded me why Leeds have always represented the worst in English football. The Club ,their football, their fans.

Is it any suprise that most of the country is celebrating their terminal demise ?

The behaviour of some of their fans reminded me why Leeds have always represented the worst in English football. The Club ,their football, their fans.

Is it any suprise that most of the country is celebrating their terminal demise ?

Yeah right ,and West Ham fans are boy scouts :o

Yeah right ,and West Ham fans are boy scouts :o

You fool. I'm not just talking about the fans (although that's bad enough). I'm also talking about the dire, dirty and shameful things that we all remember Leeds for on the pitch. Loosely called football. :D

If you remember your team of angels where fined 5.5 million quid this week for breaking FA rules

ie cheating

How's that any more cheating than two on-loan players, from ManUre? They have two Premiership goalkeepers out on loan at Watford and Everton. I didn't think that a Premiership team could loan out players to other Premiership Clubs?

If you remember your team of angels where fined 5.5 million quid this week for breaking FA rules

ie cheating

How's that any more cheating than two on-loan players, from ManUre? They have two Premiership goalkeepers out on loan at Watford and Everton. I didn't think that a Premiership team could loan out players to other Premiership Clubs?

i was there yesterday.we got what we deserved.dennis wise's tactics since he came has been a discrace,the guy and his chimp assistant are clueless.the chav scum that invaded the pitch,were punched out of the ground by other leeds fans who found it a discrace.we had a corner in 6th min of injury time and these scum invaded the pitch.delayed then for 40 minutes!!!

we may go down again,loanees going back,healy,cresswell,lewis,derry etc will go as they wont fancy 3rd div football.

knew cardiff scum would lose at home,bet risdale and dave jones very happy.

what has happenened to my once mighty club

i will still go every week,as most will.shame bradford went down,huddersfield our biggest game lol

Edited by Chiangmai Foxy

ie cheating

i was there yesterday.we got what we deserved.dennis wise's tactics since he came has been a discrace,the guy and his chimp assistant are clueless.the chav scum that invaded the pitch,were punched out of the ground by other leeds fans who found it a discrace.we had a corner in 6th min of injury time and these scum invaded the pitch.delayed then for 40 minutes!!!

we may go down again,loanees going back,healy,cresswell,lewis,derry etc will go as they wont fancy 3rd div football.

knew cardiff scum would lose at home,bet risdale and dave jones very happy.

what has happenened to my once mighty club

i will still go every week,as most will.shame bradford went down,huddersfield our biggest game lol

In your own words ... you have summed up what we all think! Leeds really are scum and now they're even fighting each other. Ha! Ha! Ha!

yeh,they have short memories these sunderland fans.maybe its there inferiotity complex,living in the shadows of newcastle and boro.wait to see if they struggle,then the crowds will really drop as they did in the prem,when they deserted there team when faced with relegation.

I feel sorry for you Leeds fans. I won't ever forget Man City being there. It isn't nice at all. However, if you do go into administration and get deducted 10 points, it'll make it all the harder.

Good luck for next season lads, your fans don't deserve it :o

Chonabot got a bit p*ss*d and over emotional so my apologies on the kite pulling.

And I appreciate the sentiments expressed by Mr Bojangles and most true football fans who know what it feels like to be down there.

They wont have seen anything like us since Man City were down there I remember City getting crowds of 30,000 when in the 3rd Division.

Big apology to the Ipswich fans. I've been to Portman Road as an away supporter and there fans are good natured even the police were ok with us definately undeserved what happened at Elland Road.

Cheers 23

23 mc. leave the kite pulling ( chak wow ) insults out or you will be relegated....alreeet?

:D

Come on Chon - he could not even spell it right!

Anyway, any room for a predicter for Leeds in League 2 in 08/09, given the points deduction?

OK, I'll leave for the Spurs Forum :o

Does this ring any bells Sunderland

P38 W3 D6 L29 F26 A69 GD -43 P15

Correct me if I'm wrong here but wasn't that the worst premiership record ever.

Have a nice day !!! Muppet

Yeah ... :D I'm gonna cry and I feel dead miserable now. :D

I don't know about you, but I only live life in the present.

Ha'way the lads!! :o

yeh,they have short memories these sunderland fans.maybe its there inferiotity complex,living in the shadows of newcastle and boro.wait to see if they struggle,then the crowds will really drop as they did in the prem,when they deserted there team when faced with relegation.

Firstly, do you mean inferiority? Well, I must admit it would be nice to have some of the millions that the Skunks have wasted over the last 10 years and still won nothing. Yes, Newcastle with its slightly larger 'Landfill' stadium has the advantage of a bigger city and population and they deserve to boast about their extremely large average attendances, especially given their lack of success in recent times.

Newcastle's history of success? Doesn't bother me. They've won more FA Cups, we've won more league championships.

Middlesbrough's history of success? Pretty empty trophy cabinet!

So for me it matters not whether we are talking about last season or back in the 1890's. History is history. Why should we have an inferiority complex at the start of the new season when all things are as good as equal?

Sunderland's rivalry with Newcastle will be great, can't wait. As for Middlesbrough, that's as good as a small town in Yorkshire! We don't even consider that to be a real derby. If there's a shadow hanging over Sunderland from Middlesbrough, then it will almost certainly be the smog that has escaped from the big industrial estate that is disguised by the name, Middlesbrough.

Yes, Sunderland's attendances did drop off during 2 seriously bad relegation campaigns in the Premier League. Credit to all those who continued to pay and watch the dross that was being served up week in and week out. The average in that worst of campaigns was 33,904 ... not fantastic, but still significantly higher than West Ham, Middlesbrough, Birmingham, Charlton, Bolton, West Brom, Blackburn, Fulham and Wigan in the EPL. Even Juventus had a smaller average and they topped the Italian league that season, albeit before the accusations of cheating!

I agree that Sunderland isn't one of England's biggest cities with a population of only around 177,000 and it will be hard to compete with the likes of Manchester United, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal next season, but we will give it a good go and we won't be worrying too much about the drifting shadows of Middlesbrough or Newcastle hanging over us ... because we've got Niall's disco pants. :o

• 1 year later...

here's a proper pice of shoite!

Mawhinney vows not to quit League

Lord Mawhinney

Mawhinney was 'delighted' with the arbitration's ruling :D

Lord Mawhinney insists he will not resign as chairman of the Football League, BBC Radio Leeds can reveal.

Leeds chairman Ken Bates called for Mawhinney to quit following the club's failure to overturn the League's 15-point deduction.

"My guess is that Mr Bates is on his way back to Monaco and I'm on my way back to the Football League office," Mawhinney told BBC Radio Leeds.

"I intend to be back in the office and working next week."

He added: "I wish Leeds well in the play-offs, as I do with the other three teams.

If Leeds get promoted I will join in the celebrations of the Leeds fans." :o

yeah right!