Leeds Will They Or Won't They?

warriors

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Leeds have been in trouble a couple of times for fielding more than the permitted five on-loan players in their squad at the same time. We were fined a couple of months ago for it, and just last weekend, Preston claimed (falsely) that we'd done it again.

And now it gets worse. This news just in:

Football League to scrutinise Leeds United player quotas again.

By Ellen Drode (PA) 4 April 2007

. Responding to the allegations manager Alec Ferguson laughed at the suggestion that Roy Keane is a complete <deleted>, saying that everybody within football knew that he was, in fact, an utter, utter jerk.

Ends.

jERK...?

I'd say have a word but, you've obviously already had it.... :o or 2

redrus

Huge game at Colchester tonight. A point would be very nice, because they are in good form at home and I watched their 3-0 away win at Southend on some dodgy thai cable channel in Pattaya, and they looked half decent.

Burnley look safe now, but Luton look like they have had the stuffing knocked out of them so it's really between Leeds, Southend, Barnsley, Hull and QPR for the last two spots.

Leeds are the form team, but it can change very quickly. The real positive for me is the obvious team spirit since the likes of Kishishev came in, and since the Nicholls debacle forced Jonny Douglas to take over the captain's armband. Five games to go. Frankly, we need two win both home games and get a point from the remaining three away matches.

Sidenote - it's interesting that wantaway loser Kevin Nicholls hasnt been bleating so much about how much he wants to go back to Luton in the last few weeks.

I have to laugh at these small town clubs such as Sunderland ok you beat us in 1973 and youve been dining out on it ever since seeing as in the interim you have done <deleted> all.

And in between 1973 and now we have appeared in a European Cup Final won the title appeared in two major European trophy semi finals and been top of the premiership on a couple of occassions played some decent football oh and were in the League Cup final.

Sorry if I missed anything, Sunderland are a perennial yo yo club get used to it. I would rather be where Leeds are to day and have supported them for the last 35 years than to have one day as a Sunderland fan now <deleted> off.

Sooner or later your manager is going to get in to trouble you heard it here first.

Cheers 23

Leeds are going down ... FACT! we'll see[/color]

We all hate Leeds ... FACT! Envy

Sunderland have been Champions of England twice as many times as Leeds ... FACT! Youv'e got a long memory

Your support is crap ... FACT! <deleted>

We are all gonna laugh at Leeds on 6th May if not before ... FACT! :o

We will see you clowns back again next year :D

Edited by eddie11

Sorry your right you have won the League twice as many times as us, but I was only counting trophies in my lifetime, and a time when footballers played with a leather ball not a ball of rolled up socks.

Sunderland fall into the category of clubs who have done nothing for years yet still think there a big club, again read geordies as well.

I could take your nonsense from say a MANU fan Arsenal Liverpool and now Chelsea outside of those who else has been as successful as Leeds in the last 20 years.

NOT YOU

COME BACK AND TAUNT US WHEN YOU HAVE WON SOMETHING

THE FAIR PLAY LEAGUE DOSEN'T COUNT

Sorry your right you have won the League twice as many times as us, but I was only counting trophies in my lifetime, and a time when footballers played with a leather ball not a ball of rolled up socks.

Sunderland fall into the category of clubs who have done nothing for years yet still think there a big club, again read geordies as well.

I could take your nonsense from say a MANU fan Arsenal Liverpool and now Chelsea outside of those who else has been as successful as Leeds in the last 20 years.

NOT YOU

COME BACK AND TAUNT US WHEN YOU HAVE WON SOMETHING

THE FAIR PLAY LEAGUE DOSEN'T COUNT

Chomp! Chomp! Chomp!

It's like playing Pacman!! Hahaha ... :o

Sorry Sunderland, you are right. You have won the league twice as many times as us, but I foolishly only counted the trophies in my short lifetime, and unwittingly only counted the period of time when footballers played with a waterproof leather ball and rolled around like babies, not when football was a man's game and footballers headed a ball (also made from leather, but heavier due to its absorption of water).

Sunderland do indeed fall into a category of clubs who have done nothing for years, yet still think they're a big club, as do the Geordies at Newcastle United. Daft as some people may think this is, they will both be playing in the Premier League next season, while a smaller club from Yorkshire - Leeds United - who have had more limited success in their long history, attempt to avoid a downward spiral of collapse which could end in their exit from the English professional leagues in just over 2 years from now.

I willingly take abuse and bow down to the fans of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and in particularly Manchester United (who I secretly have a soft spot for) as they have also been successful in the last 20 years. But when I remember that Blackburn have also won the league during this period and remember that there is no time better than the present, I do admit to being extremely jealous that clubs like Sunderland, Blackburn, Wigan, Reading and even Sheffield United are streets ahead of the current Leeds United side.

I will come back and taunt you when we have won something.

League one doesn't count.

Fair enough ... I forgive you. :o

Sorry Sunderland, you are right. You have won the league twice as many times as us, but I foolishly only counted the trophies in my short lifetime, and unwittingly only counted the period of time when footballers played with a waterproof leather ball and rolled around like babies, not when football was a man's game and footballers headed a ball (also made from leather, but heavier due to its absorption of water).

Sunderland do indeed fall into a category of clubs who have done nothing for years, yet still think they're a big club, as do the Geordies at Newcastle United. Daft as some people may think this is, they will both be playing in the Premier League next season, while a smaller club from Yorkshire - Leeds United - who have had more limited success in their long history, attempt to avoid a downward spiral of collapse which could end in their exit from the English professional leagues in just over 2 years from now.

I willingly take abuse and bow down to the fans of Arsenal, Liverpool, Chelsea and in particularly Manchester United (who I secretly have a soft spot for) as they have also been successful in the last 20 years. But when I remember that Blackburn have also won the league during this period and remember that there is no time better than the present, I do admit to being extremely jealous that clubs like Sunderland, Blackburn, Wigan, Reading and even Sheffield United are streets ahead of the current Leeds United side.

Fair enough ... I forgive you. :o

Oooohhhh you are a wag. :D PS heard about Niall Quinns £8000 taxi fare today top man

Fair enough ... I forgive you. :D

Oooohhhh you are a wag. :D PS heard about Niall Quinns £8000 taxi fare today top man

Agreed. Niall Quinn's disco pants are the best ... go up from his arse to his chest :o

When the inevitable happens and Roy Keane goes to Manchester United or somewhere else, hopefully we will still have Niall Quinn to guide the club back from the depths of the Coca Cola Championship ... although I'd place more trust in him organizing taxis than picking a team :D

My Crystal ball tells me that Leeds WILL survive this season.

I still stand by this bearing in mind that Luton ar doomed leaving four teams fighting to avoid the remaining two slots.....and it would appear that an in-form Leeds can avoid the drop to me.

Its funny that Sunderland has returned to the fold after an absence of almost two seasons :D

If they get promoted as I am sure they will....there may not be many posts again next season :o

I still stand by this bearing in mind that Luton ar doomed leaving four teams fighting to avoid the remaining two slots.....and it would appear that an in-form Leeds can avoid the drop to me.

Its funny that Sunderland has returned to the fold after an absence of almost two seasons :D

If they get promoted as I am sure they will....there may not be many posts again next season :o

they may well get promoted ,but they arnt good enough to stay there unless they buy some class players

they may well get promoted ,but they arnt good enough to stay there unless they buy some class players

Give Leeds a chance ... they might get promoted back to the Coca Cola Championship at the first attempt. I am sure they can stay up in league one next season. Surely they'll get a point against Hartlepool.

As for Sunderland, we still have great opportunities to throw away promotion before we even reach the Premiership. Very wise of Roy Keane to say we could compete with the likes of Chelsea ... and then lose 3-1 at Colchester! :D Ha'way the lads!

Give Leeds a chance ... they might get promoted back to the Coca Cola Championship at the first attempt. I am sure they can stay up in league one next season. Surely they'll get a point against Hartlepool.

As for Sunderland, we still have great opportunities to throw away promotion before we even reach the Premiership. Very wise of Roy Keane to say we could compete with the likes of Chelsea ... and then lose 3-1 at Colchester! :D Ha'way the lads!

we have to beat ipswich at home,and maybe hope to get a point away at derby on last day!

if the last game matters to leeds and derby,they are gonna ban leeds fans,fearing they will smash up the ground

come on leeds

shame if we go down,we miss bradford city who will be in league 2 and miss hartlepool who are promoted to championship.our biggest game will be huddersfield town! 5 years ago it was ac milan,barca,man u etc

we have to beat ipswich at home,and maybe hope to get a point away at derby on last day!

if the last game matters to leeds and derby,they are gonna ban leeds fans,fearing they will smash up the ground

come on leeds

shame if we go down,we miss bradford city who will be in league 2 and miss hartlepool who are promoted to championship.our biggest game will be huddersfield town! 5 years ago it was ac milan,barca,man u etc

Don't worry CM Foxy, The 'Monkey Hangers' (Hartlepool) are only being promoted one division. They will be in the same divison as yourselves next season. But yes, a day trip to Huddersfield beats having to make an unnecessary trip to Barnsley, Hull, Sheffield or Scunthorpe.

Div not worry man. When Leeds lose to Derby on the last day of the season, it may even rob Sunderland of a place in the Premiership.

I've got to have my 2 cents worth guys, as one of the few Derby Co. fans in Chiang Mai, possibly the only one. I would be happier if Hull win next Saturday and Leeds lose, as Leeds will already be relegated by the time they get to Derby. The reasoning is that they will not have anything to play for and hopefully it will be an easier game for DCFC.

From what I can gather LUFC fans have been allotted only 1500 tickets, this was due to the fans continual refusal to be seated at other grounds throughout the country over the season.

I feel that there still might be a twist in the tail yet to come before its is decided who will get automatic promotion. (How could MacIndoe miss the 90 min. penalty today?).

Although the quality of football in the CCC has not been great this season, the fact that there have been so many teams involved in the mix up, I feel it has made it more exciting for a greater number of fans.

Hopefully Sheff Wed. and Burnley might ruffle a few feathers this week.

Good luck everyone.

I've got to have my 2 cents worth guys, as one of the few Derby Co. fans in Chiang Mai, possibly the only one. I would be happier if Hull win next Saturday and Leeds lose, as Leeds will already be relegated by the time they get to Derby. The reasoning is that they will not have anything to play for and hopefully it will be an easier game for DCFC.

From what I can gather LUFC fans have been allotted only 1500 tickets, this was due to the fans continual refusal to be seated at other grounds throughout the country over the season.

I feel that there still might be a twist in the tail yet to come before its is decided who will get automatic promotion. (How could MacIndoe miss the 90 min. penalty today?).

Although the quality of football in the CCC has not been great this season, the fact that there have been so many teams involved in the mix up, I feel it has made it more exciting for a greater number of fans.

Hopefully Sheff Wed. and Burnley might ruffle a few feathers this week.

Good luck everyone.

maybe its the same derby fan that i know in c mai.guy called rob(early 30's i think),drinks in the peak pool bar alot,number 1 bar now and again! maybe there is 2 lol :o

HI CMF,

Unfortunately I'll not see my erly 30's again, or 40's for that matter, just starting my 50's. It sounds like there are 2 Rams fans in CM then. Hopefully I'll be back in CM by the last game, as stuck in East Africa at the moment.

Take care

I imagine there will be several Hull City fans in a similar situation.

Things took a turn for the worse for LUFC the other day, when Bolton took back the loanee that was playing with you. I must admit though its much nicer being at the other end of the table for a change.

I imagine there will be several Hull City fans in a similar situation.

Things took a turn for the worse for LUFC the other day, when Bolton took back the loanee that was playing with you. I must admit though its much nicer being at the other end of the table for a change.

pretty sure we will go down!!! reason being -

cardiff v hull - cardiff hate leeds as we hate them,they cannot go up and in mid table,wont mind losing me thinks

hull v plymouth - hull at home,plymouth nothing to play for.

we need 2 wins,and hope plymouth do well or cardiff surprise us

not very hopefull