3BB: Keep 3MBPS Premium (900++) or change to 10MBPS (590++)?

chakatee

Currently I have 3BB a 3MBPS Premium Package, paying about 1069THB per month (I think 900++).

I saw a promotion from 3BB: 10MBPS @590++ or 13MBPS @900++ so I went to ask if I should change.

They told me Premium Package is max. 10 users per line, standard is 20 ... but I think 3 / 10 = 0.3 while 10 / 20 is 0.5 and 13 / 20 is 0.65 ...

But they said Premium might (na ja ... not will) be better for overseas.

And I can change to try but if I change cannot go back ...

Therefore as I don't know much about internet and speed etc. can anyone with brains about this advice me?

Note:

Our internet use: me Skype, newspaper ... Children: facebook, youtube, some online tv ...

Thanks!

10 users per line and 20 users per line doesn't work the way you calculated.

If you switch, you can't go back to 3mbit premium package again. It is not offered anymore at 900 baht.

Perhaps get 590 baht extra package and keep 3mbit premier package aswell if it is not above your budget?

If you switch, you can't go back to 3mbit premium package again. It is not offered anymore at 900 baht.

Perhaps get 590 baht extra package and keep 3mbit premier package aswell if it is not above your budget?

Thank you very much. I had some suspicion that my calculation was too simple. However I'd love to learn then how it should be calculated (or approximated).

Keeping the premier and having the 590 on top would be something to consider, however:

- what would be the benefits? Better speed for in-country websites? Or higher probability that on either one there's not too many concurrent users at that time?

- would I then need a second modem and phone connection point? Or would both packages come in via the same line?

- and a second wifi router? and if so should I connect the children's tablets with wifi to the premium package or to the other one?

If any of the above are silly questions I do apologize as I honestly don't know any better wai2.gif

I have 3bb in a big condo building, 15MBPS for 998 Baht. It has worked almost perfect for 5 years. We used to have TOT but it really slowed down in the evenings when most people were on the internet. But I've heard that TOT is great elsewhere. Ask the juristic people in any condo building and you'll get good advice.

I have 3bb in a big condo building, 15MBPS for 998 Baht. It has worked almost perfect for 5 years. We used to have TOT but it really slowed down in the evenings when most people were on the internet. But I've heard that TOT is great elsewhere. Ask the juristic people in any condo building and you'll get good advice.

Thank you.

This is a house though ... not in a moobaan either so no juristic people to check.

I have had good speed and reliability in the past with the 3MBPS Premium Package, that's not the problem ... just wondered if the same can be cheaper (10MBPS @ 590++) or if for the same price I can get even better (13MBPS @ 900++)

You'll need a second phone line and modem, which would be provided by 3bb.

Having a second line would help you see differences and you'll have chance to keep whatever you like without sacrificing your no-more-offered 3mb premier package.

You'll have 2 wireless networks, you can download torrents etc with 10mbit and watch videos with old 3mbit or vice versa.

I think the slower package has a very slightly bigger overseas gateway. For me the larger package is fast enough although overseas streaming may be a bit slow. On the other hand the new faster package has 40gb cloud storage and has online streaming TV for about 40 Thai sites though they are all in Thai or music. You may also be able to get free the WiFi Add on which is ok in shopping malls etc.

If it's any help earlier in the year my 3mb premier connection shot up to over 10mbps for no reason and stayed that way for a couple of months. My premier connection in over 7 years never worked has well and the downloads were very fast. Then one day with no warning I lost my internet connection completely. When i did get the connection back it was back down to 3mbps. I strongly suspect I had been put on the normal 10mbps package in error but have no way of proving this. When I asked them they would neither confirm or deny it and just said their had been a mistake.

We have the 10 MBs version from 3BB, but at 533 baht per month if my memory is correct. It's very reliable, nearly 3 years now.

Neither of us does much streaming though, so can't comment on that aspect. We just have a dedicated ADSL line.

Just got 3bb fibre 3mbps/30mbps for 1284bht a month and is so fast. So happy.

How fast is it at weekend after between 18.00 - 24.00 ?

Or lets say, any given day between 18.00 and 24.00 ?

Care to test it with testmy.net 50Mb download file using different server locations like UK, USA, SG etc?