Divorce

I will be going back to BKK next month to get a divorce at the Amphur where we were married in 2003.

My wife never changed her name accordingly she has passport / ID in her maiden name. Does anybody have previos experience of the divorce procedure at an Amphur ?

I was told providing we had the original marriage certificate along with passports/id we could get a divorce in a couple of hours - along with payment of some tea money !

I am now being told my wife's id card must be in her married name ? without this the divorce will not be granted ?

Can somebody please confirm ?

In that case, everything should be OK. Not all women take on their husband's surname. So her married name is actually her maiden name. If her passsport, ID and marriage cert are all in the same surname, i can't see that there should be any problem.

Many thanks for your kind observations

Hmmm... can anyone answer this for me please?

My Thai GF has been spearated 18months and wants to divorce her Thai husband. She took on her husbands surname.

What is the divorce procedure?

Thanks

Taz...

Taz

Lots of hits on www.google.com for: thai divorce law

If the Thai GF's husband does not oppose the divorce, easy, both go to the local amphur as previously described.

If the husband does oppose the divorce more complicated, must go to court. My wife went this route in 1992, having been "abandonded" by her husband for more than five years. Hired a lawyer who handled all the details, of which there were quite a lot, including posting an advertisement in a "national" newspaper (he did this in a nationally available obscure Thai law journal!). One court appearance for her and fini.