Gmail not opening! Showing DNS Error...?

Poppy39

I have a dial up connection and only gmail site doesnt open up all the others are working fine. I have checked the internet options and checked if this is in restricted sites but it isnt. I have also checked the entry in the host file and there is nothing of that sort... Can anyone plz help...

If you are running Windows, open your hosts file with NotePad (should be in directory C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\etc)

Look in your hosts file if there is a line saying mail.google.com, if so delete that line and save your hosts file with the name hosts with no extension in the same directory.

Edited by NamKAheng

Could you describe your system a bit more...

What:

Windows OS are you running?

ISP are you using for dial-up connection to the Internet? What connection speed?

What browser, and have you tried other browsers?

What is the EXACT error message you've received (regarding DNS)?

Are other https connections affected?

Have you tried accessing mail.google.com

Wh

If this is the wrong forum then my apologies...

Folks,

Problem –

I’ve forgotten my G-mail password. This is on my lap top.

(no, I forgot the secondary / backup mail password too and I’m unable to receive a phone signal at the moment)

My iPhone however, can still be used for my G-mail as it is set to save the password.

Question: Is there some way I can see what my g-mail password is on my iPhone?

Appreciate any help!

"Dazed and confused"

Correct forum, but best to start a new topic as it's not really related and will hijack the original topic.

While 'some' browsers that let you save passwords will let you view what's stored, the email client apps don't have that 'feature'. So, no,

If you registered a 'backup' email account on gmail you can always use the following link/process to reset your gmail password:

To reset your password, enter the email address you use to sign in to Google. This can be your Gmail address, your Google Apps email address, or another email address associated with your account. Enter the username you use to sign in to Google.