3 Month Non Immigant Visa Options

My non-Immigrant "O" visa expires next month & at the same time my wife will have to go to Immigration in Thailand or exit the country. she has a multiple entry 6 month non-Imm. stamp, issued at Thai Immigration, Chiang Mai. This expires in December.

Our simplest & cheapest option would be to exit and re-enter via Mae Sai, where we would get an additional 3 month entry visa.

If we decided to combine the visa run with a week or two holiday, can anyone tell me which neighboring countries issue non-immigrant 3-month (or longer) visas? Neither of us works in Thailand and we are both farangs. We intend to apply for a joint-retirement visa within the next six months.

My non-Immigrant "O" visa expires next month & at the same time my wife will have to go to Immigration in Thailand or exit the country. she has a multiple entry 6 month non-Imm. stamp, issued at Thai Immigration, Chiang Mai. This expires in December.

Our simplest & cheapest option would be to exit and re-enter via Mae Sai, where we would get an additional 3 month entry visa.

If we decided to combine the visa run with a week or two holiday, can anyone tell me which neighboring countries issue non-immigrant 3-month (or longer) visas? Neither of us works in Thailand and we are both farangs. We intend to apply for a joint-retirement visa within the next six months.

Every time you enter Thailand you get 90 days. You can come and go as you please, so if you do a border run in 5 months and 3 weeks, this 6 month visa was in fact good for 8 months and 3 weeks.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com