Government wants lese majeste offenders to be sent home to face justice

Lite Beer

Absolutely True -

You get approval its great!

Mass coverage thousands heart of Sydney - it goes global .

The ABC rally was about Australian Government cuts to The ABC TV …the TV media on all channels ran with it.

Print Media - Twitter - Facebook.

Gough Whitam's state funeral was fantastic there.

Yes i think its a marvellous venue for Freedom of speech and its Great To live in such a country-

The American Government have approved of ""Free Thai Movement "" run by Thais.

So again more freedom of expression .

I am sure the Germans - French - and British , as well as New zealand , Italy , Swiss , Norway , all have similar views on freedom of speech and appropriate places to conduct it.

Its what makes us Great !

Apart from the VOA article from 2014-06-25 with

"Jarupong tells VOA that true victory to rid Thailand of its latest military government may take a long time but he will pursue it “through non-violent means just like Gandhi and the Dalai Lama.”"

http://www.voanews.com/content/free-thai-movement-leader-pledges-no-violence/1944413.html

I haven't heard or read much about the FT-HD. I certainly missed the American 'approval'. A quick search fails me. Any pointer on this, Fred ?

It is a foolish dream to think that the UN or any democratic nations in the west will provide meaningful support , But it is worth countering the lies of the military and telling the truth about the political situation in the world media. This can be an important task for those Thais who live abroad. It sort many approvals to conduct Home- soil activities , similar to grass roots movements in Australia and UK.

You Tube will help you if you Type in the required name.

Whats being said clearly is State departments there or Australia "must" approve Government buildings being used for legal purposes .

So when it claims its approved it means "to preach "

Land of the Free *(after all)

I think given Junta sensitivities further discussion isn't best done here.

However, its clear Governments in the West are not co-operating with the muzzling of such groups.

Edited by Fred Flinstone
  • Like 1

Absolutely True -

The ABC rally was about Australian Government cuts to The ABC TV …the TV media on all channels ran with it.

Yes i think its a marvellous venue for Freedom of speech and its Great To live in such a country-

I am sure the Germans - French - and British , as well as New zealand , Italy , Swiss , Norway , all have similar views on freedom of speech and appropriate places to conduct it.

"Jarupong tells VOA that true victory to rid Thailand of its latest military government may take a long time but he will pursue it “through non-violent means just like Gandhi and the Dalai Lama.”"

http://www.voanews.com/content/free-thai-movement-leader-pledges-no-violence/1944413.html

I haven't heard or read much about the FT-HD. I certainly missed the American 'approval'. A quick search fails me. Any pointer on this, Fred ?

It is a foolish dream to think that the UN or any democratic nations in the west will provide meaningful support , But it is worth countering the lies of the military and telling the truth about the political situation in the world media. This can be an important task for those Thais who live abroad. It sort many approvals to conduct Home- soil activities , similar to grass roots movements in Australia and UK.

Whats being said clearly is State departments there or Australia "must" approve Government buildings being used for legal purposes .

However, its clear Governments in the West are not co-operating with the muzzling of such groups.

So your "The American Government have approved of ""Free Thai Movement "" run by Thais." doesn't have much real value ? Apart from being 'clear' that is

• Like 1

The prime minister disclosed there are less than 100 of them and all of them have broken the law regarding the Monarchy.

With regard to LM offenses, people are guilty even before a court has tried their case.

Tells you a lot about the understanding of the rule of law of this government. I would be surprised if any civilized country with respect for the rule of law would extradite one single suspect. (Because that's what they are before a court of law has found them guilty.).

Moreover, for a civilized country to extradite someone, the offense he is sought for must be punishable in the country where he stays. Not many country have such LM laws and none where this law is used in such in inhumane way to put fear in the people to speak their mind and state the obvious.

The prime minister disclosed there are less than 100 of them and all of them have broken the law regarding the Monarchy.

With regard to LM offenses, people are guilty even before a court has tried their case.

Tells you a lot about the understanding of the rule of law of this government. I would be surprised if any civilized country with respect for the rule of law would extradite one single suspect. (Because that's what they are before a court of law has found them guilty.).

Moreover, for a civilized country to extradite someone, the offense he is sought for must be punishable in the country where he stays. Not many country have such LM laws and none where this law is used in such in inhumane way to put fear in the people to speak their mind and state the obvious.

It would appear that the only other countries with truly draconian LM laws are Swaziland and Morocco, which is pretty rough company....A few European countries like Denmark, Norway , Spain, and the Neitherlands have LM laws, but they are pretty lightweight and certainly not used to punish political opponents...

If the truth be known, apart from Thailand, the population of the rest of the world does not even know that this Royal Family actually exists.

Not true at all and I am not a Royalist. But by all accounts Princess Maha Chakri Sirindhorn does a good job representing Thailand internationally and of course the present king is the longest serving monarch and, officially, the richest.

For most free nations to extradite they would need a treaty in place first, but even then, it would be difficult to send home if you couldn't tick yes to most, or all these. So let's tick or 'x' the following:

1. The right to a fair trial (X)

2. The charge is not politcally motivated (X)

3. The country is run by a democratically elected government (X)

4. The country has a basic right to freedom of speech and expression (X)

After Obama's comments about ''Not censoring due to foreign dictatorships'' Thailand has its answer already.

• Like 1

It would appear that the only other countries with truly draconian LM laws are Swaziland and Morocco, which is pretty rough company....A few European countries like Denmark, Norway , Spain, and the Neitherlands have LM laws, but they are pretty lightweight and certainly not used to punish political opponents...

The LM law in Denmark are simular to the normal defamation law, so it makes no difference if you insult the Danish Queen or your neighbor. In both cases the maximum penalty is 4 months imprisonment.

Trials (if there ever was any?) are ofcourse open to the media and the public.

Seems like Thailand is trailing by a couple of centuries!!coffee1.gif

For most free nations to extradite they would need a treaty in place first, but even then, it would be difficult to send home if you couldn't tick yes to most, or all these. So let's tick or 'x' the following:

After Obama's comments about ''Not censoring due to foreign dictatorships'' Thailand has its answer already.

0. The alleged offence is also an offence in the country the person accused 'resides' momentarily. This means not the title LM but the details of the charge.

3. and 4. are irrelevant as such.

Edited by rubl

Absolutely True -

The ABC rally was about Australian Government cuts to The ABC TV the TV media on all channels ran with it.

"Jarupong tells VOA that true victory to rid Thailand of its latest military government may take a long time but he will pursue it through non-violent means just like Gandhi and the Dalai Lama."

It's more a tolerance than approval Fred.

But you make the most important point that they are certainly allowing it .

The poster who misleadingly claims for his Propaganda pro Junta stance that no points of law are needed before extradition is plain wrong .

I challenge him to name one country that would send anyone back to Thailand ? ( western )

It's plain silly to pretend a western state gives a damm about Thai sensitivities .

Let alone agree to punish someone for what is not a crime in the host country.

Nor would it be permitted under human rights laws.

The facts are I can get a licence in Australia and stand up in the Hall after advertising it ( if I so wished ) and say whatever I want about anyone in Thailand without the slightest fear of consequence as Fred mentioned.

The only point of difference is tolerated is not approval Fred.

Edited by Plutojames88

Correct -

Anyhow LM and Critical of Juntas is no crime in Western countries where Thailand is concerned .

Examples for Australia

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/cth/consol_reg/esoar465/sch1.html

• 2 weeks later...

do these thai offenders

get NATionality in their host country ? (something very hard to obtain for any farang here)

otherwise their visa or passport would run out eventually and then they will have to go to the thai embassy or return to thailand ...