Lop Buri Immigration OK?

I use Lop Buri immigration office.

As you enter there is a ticket machine with various choices, year extension, 90 day reporting and the like, take a ticket and wait your turn.

The staff are friendly but can be a bit slow because they're chatting on the phone or to each other.

If you are unlucky you can be stuck behind someone who has brought a whole bag full of passports, usually immigrant workers, but then again sometimes the staff notice you waiting and let you jump the line.

You don't need to fill any forms or supply extra documents for 90 Day reporting. Just your passport which they scan and then staple in a paper slip.

Compared to some of the stories I've read on here about other immigration offices I have no complaints with Lop Buri office.

smile.png

Fully agree with Daffy. The staff seems under no pressure and the atmosphere is relaxed. The downside is that nobody is in a hurry to serve you, the upside is that they have time to be friendly and helpful.Each officer has n 'evaluation' device and they are very keen you give them a good score, even if the job is not finished yet.

While having to 'visit' immigration is not my preferred entertainment, compared to the calvary of Bangkok (in the past) it is an enjoyable day out.

Been reporting to Lopburi Immigration since it opened, never had a real problem yet! It does help to conform though, reasonably dressed, paperwork in order and more importantly a reasonable attitude. I usually call in on my way to pick up one of my children from school on a Friday afternoon, never found the waiting room to be overfull. Only ever a delay when somebody doesn't have the correct paperwork. I'm usually accompanied by my Thai wife, which helps a bit. Some examples of completion times:

Extension of Retirement visa, Max 40 mins, minimum 10 mins. 90 day report, Maximum 20 minutes, minimum 4 minutes.

Compared to the previous years when I had to extend in Bangkok, Lopburi is a pleasure to report to. Although having never left Thailand in 20 years and having changed my address only once in that time, I find the 90 day report a bit of a pain!

• 3 months later...

I visited the Lop Buri Immigration Office today for a Tourist Visa 30 Day extension.... first time I've ever had the need to do so.

The Office was eventually easy to find, exactly as marked on Google Maps, I initially got confused because of some old posts on TV, which referred to right behind the Police Station with some erroneous Google map bookmarks.

Very friendly service, I was initially served within 2 minutes though the whole event 'go to woe' took about 2 hrs partly due to about 20 customers, the Extension being handled by a single desk that covered all types of Visa Extensions, and a power outage.

News for me when I was informed that because I was staying in a friend's house they would have to lodge a 'Foreign Stay Report' which the Police may well follow up on with a 2000 baht fine for non compliance. I volunteered to change the Address on the Form to my own Apt in Pattaya but was told if I did so I would have to do the Visa extension down there.

All in all only minor hassles, I happily endorse the other positive posts on this Office.

Bit late finding this topic but never the less I also endorse Lop Buri as great service.

Best to get there early at opening time and be one of the first in, I was the only one there last 90 day report and had a good natter to them, one of the ladies lives close to me and offered to do my 90 day reports for me in future.

Time before that I was early before flag raising, only me and one of the staff there, she asked me what I wanted, when I told her 90 day report she come in and did it before opening time, was on my way home by quarter to eight.

• Like 1

I have been going to Lopburi immigration for over three years. 90 day reporting is very fast, takes about 5 minutes on average. Ive had it done in less than 2 minutes on some occasions where I was the only person reporting.

Extensions can take up to an hour depending on the amount of people ahead of you. I find it more empty around 10 am to 11:30 am than it is on the afternoons.

And yes, I almost flipped out once doing a 90 day report as I was the third person in the queue and the two people ahead of me brought in like 40 passports each.