New Years Thai Style...What Do You Do?

pgrahmm

New Years in Thailand seems like Christmas/New Years/Thanksgiving & holiday all rolled into one...We're heading down to celebrate staying at her folks house before heading en- mass to Cha Am...some like to tent it...some room it...a lot of fun....gifting....late into the night visiting ..... some drinking - not much....and generally the years big time family get together and meet up with a fair amount of money spent by everyone....what does your Thai/farang family do for the New Years festivities?

about 10pm I go back to Hotel and Hide !

if you are around crowds it seems to be good sport to throw firecrackers at the tourists , and we know better than to say anything to drunk young thais,

Add all the A-hole tourists who think they can do anything they want because its NYE and trouble is just waiting....

But hey I am too old to want the hassle.......

Something new this year.

My wife is having a Thai style house built in Saraphi. Acting as her own contractor, she bought two old teak houses and had three local carpenters dismantle them to build the new house. The place is about 70% finished.

On New Year's Eve we plan to invite the workers and any of their family members who care to come for a Thai/Korean/Farang barbecue with plenty of lao khao and beer.

We're planning to sleep there on a mattress under a moong because I will never be able to make the 1/2 hour drive back to Chiang Mai.

All the best in 2015!

• Like 2