Non Imm O - Extension of Stay - UK marriage certificate

Applying for an extension of stay in Thailand, was married in the UK to a Thai national.

Is the English marriage certificate accepted by the immigration ?

Does the marriage need to be registered in Thailand ?

Regards

Arran.

For a one year extension of stay at immigration your marriage will have to be registered here at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry.

You will need to do a self certification of your marriage certificate by way of a statement at UK embassy. Then have the certification and marriage certificate translated to Thai. Then have both certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The translation can get the MFA certification done for you.

Then go to an Amphoe to register your marriage. They will update your wife's house book and give her the choice of changing her name to yours on her ID card.

When you apply for the extension you need your marriage certificate and the Kor Ror 22.

For a one year extension of stay at immigration your marriage will have to be registered here at an Amphoe to get a Kor Ror 22 marriage registry.

You will need to do a self certification of your marriage certificate by way of a statement at UK embassy. Then have the certification and marriage certificate translated to Thai. Then have both certified by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. The translation can get the MFA certification done for you.

Then go to an Amphoe to register your marriage. They will update your wife's house book and give her the choice of changing her name to yours on her ID card.

When you apply for the extension you need your marriage certificate and the Kor Ror 22.

Thank you.

My Thai wife and I have made agreement in October 2013 by way of Nakhon Sawan court to divorce, distribute the marital assets, and I take custody of our 2 children. This is an official document and was accepted by the immigration at Phuket for my extension of stay application made december 2013.

This year however, when I made my extension of stay application again, the immigration did not accept the court agreement. This is because there has been time sufficient time to get the divorce certificate from the amphur.

The immigration want to see the divorce certificate which I do not have, my wife (ex-wife) have made enquiries, to get this certificate we need to goto Laksi court in Bangkok and have them issue a document ( which takes 45 days ) and give this to the amphur, who will then issue the divorce certificate.

Problem for me is my visa expires Dec 30.

I've been thinking the easiest way forward for me, I've considered the following:

i) leave Thailand and get non imm o visa from Malaysia KL

ii) stay in Thailand and get extension of stay based on marriage certificate.

looking for easiest way forward, advices much appreciated.

Thank you.

You can get a 60 day extension based on your childen. Did you ask immirgaiton if they will give this extension (if you didn't get one already).

Looks you have divorced but didn't register the divorce yet at the amphur.

Thank you, can you point me to the document to apply for this 60 day extension

You can get a 60 day extension based on your childen. Did you ask immirgaiton if they will give this extension (if you didn't get one already).

Document is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=280314

Under 2.24.

Our marriage isn't registered here - I've only ever used the British documents (translated and certified as you say).

Then either you have been very lucky or have not applied for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage.

The Kor Ror 22 marriage registry has been a requirement by immigration for some time now.

Document is here: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=core&module=attach&section=attach&attach_id=280314

Under 2.24.

Thank you, no need to fly to KL :-)