Russian 'Temple Intruder' Stabs Policeman While In Custody

Lite Beer

Quality tourists!

Groan,

The new predictably boring comment on Thai Visa.

Groan.

The new predictably boring reply on Thaivisa to a predictably boring comment!!coffee1.gif

The new predictably boring reply to a reply to a reply about the new predictably boring comment on Thai Visa

What he said...but even more predictable and more boring. Nyaaa

With so much reported about the Chinese and Russians lately, I bet the Burmese feel like throwing a massive party!

Ah well, might be a case of this guy having been BORN in Russia but to a Burmese Father and a Chinese Mother. Anyway, doubt that HE will "father" any children after he serves his time in a Thai jail.

Maybe he was mad they were extorting money from his relatives after the temple abbot had already forgiven the property damage:

Pol.Col. Worapol Polmanee, superintendent of Pai Police Station, said the property damage and theft charges against the suspects were dropped after the temple abbot said he forgave the two men.

"We were waiting for the suspects' relatives to wire money from abroad to pay for damages at the temple," Pol.Col. Worapol said. "But then [Vladimir] used his knife to attack a police officer."

Question: If the property damages & theft charge were dropped, why would you be waiting for money from his relatives for the same reason.

Guess now Mr. Stabinov be a regular for boxing & maybe even target practice.

Still though, this place reaps what it sows, -thuggish Russian tourists & corrupt Thais, -a match made upon the River Styx. Just leave the monks out of it next time.

-saanya

I would have expected that damages charges would be dropped ONLY after he agreed to pay for repairs. I have heard of cases where murder charges are suspended as long as the perp pays the victim's family, in one case B1000/month for 8 years.

Thai monk slaps English Teacher, Urine tests on tourists, Thais selling drugs all over Thailand

Russian in temple in Pai and I hear Pai is nothing but a hippy ganja and magic mushroom resort

WARNING - Thai weed makes you crazy is it all the bug killer they use to make it stronger?

Quality tourists!

Groan,

The new predictably boring comment on Thai Visa.

+1...Yes, the 'tourist' comments are getting old.

Ok, enough of this...but wait - one more. Less rouble less rabble coffee1.gif

My apologies to the forum, my fingers made me do it.

• Like 1

Maybe he was just doing his nails, when the officer happened to trip and fall onto the knife in an unfortunate manner, and when they tried to help, in an unfortunate turn of events, he slipped sideways, just as one of the helpful inmates picked the knife up from the floor to put it away safely, this time slashing his wrist!

Not. Let's see, attempted murder on a police officer. How many free nights in the Hilton BKK would that add up to?

Edited by Impossible

How do you fail to spot a knife?

If anything police training should be questioned.

An amateur security guard knows how to body search someone and to miss a knife big enough to stab someone is beyond incompetence.

No point calling Russian an idiot, police officer who failed to perform proper search is the bigger idiot

I wasn't there.

I don't know anything about the circumstances since I wasn't there.

I don't know the parties involved. I wasn't there.

I don't know how the search was conducted. I,wasn't there.

I don't know who initially searched the man. I wasn't there.

I don't know how well the policeman was trained in searching a suspect. I wasn't there.

I don't know anything except what I read from a reporter who may not have been there.

Is there anyone here that was there?

Someone must have been, since there are so many statements made as if the writer were there.

• Like 2

Thailands finest missed a machetesize knife, when they searched him??

Maybe they didn't want to insult the "monk" ?

wow,just wow.

ignorant tourists insult the local faith and commit an act of desecration.

they are quietly taken into custody, well treated and then stab a policeman.

still <deleted> like you find a way to make it a cop bashing and anti thai thread.

you're a waste of space..go back to your shangri la in the west

Thailands finest missed a machetesize knife, when they searched him??

Maybe they didn't want to insult the "monk" ?

I have read the article carefully and fail to see where it says the knife was 'machete size'. Could you point this out ? Otherwise we will have to assume that you saw the chance of a bit of Thai bashing and just made it up!

With the free fall of the Ruble I wonder how many Russians will be able to continue living here in the New Year.

Russians who work here will really try to stay and work longer because they are paid in baht but not rubles.

As far as I know only 20% - 30% of the so called "Russians" (those people who speak Russian, coming from Russia, Ukraine, Kazakhstan, Uzbekistan, Belarus, Lithuania, Moldova, etc.) who live in Thailand are in fact working (mostly illegally) in Thailand and being paid in Thai Baht.

The majority of the "Russians" living in Thailand have their income in Russian Roubles and their well-being will be seriously affected during next year 2015. Many of them will not be able to afford staying in Thailand any more and will have to return back to their home country.

So sad to hear that Russians may not afford to stay in Thailand.
Does that means we not going to see so many russians here?
O my god that's really terrible isn´t it...

I mean I really loves russians.
Never ever met so nice and humble people and will really miss them a lot.

NOT..