BBC and other News on True-Changed again

Laughing Gravy

Over the last few days the BBC news has gone from number 163 on true to 785. Other news networks have gone to the late 780's also. A conspiracy theorist might argue that those at True or from the Authorities just might not want people to be watching the foreign news. I just find the whole thing and inconvenience and except a change in numbers every few months from True, proving again just what crap service provider they are. If only there where a variety of alternatives providing competition. Then I would like to see that across the whole board in Thailand.

I am still waiting for Beer Lao on draft,l especially as the ASEAN agreement and the lifting of trade restrictions theoretically would allow it.

Do you find the changing of True annoying and wish that there were a few competitors, so we can get rid of them?

• Like 1

I can cope with changing channels, but my beef with True is that they keep "discontinuing" English channels.

The latest announcement is that WEtvHD (340) will cease from 31 Dec.

My hypothesis is that True get free or discounted trial periods from western companies, and, when that period is over, True cancels the service.

• Like 2

True annoyance #1 for me. We pay for theoretically ad free shows. But more and more True busts in every chance possible with their promotions for True. One yesterday lasted 4 minutes.

Even with good 3bb internet I would feel cut off from the world without True. Hard to explain.

True channel management I swear is run by Monkeys on acid. In fact the whole company is crap. Unfortunately I have to use their internet service but I moved my mobile to AIS years ago and what a breath of fresh air that was. The heart palpitations stopped. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

I very rarely watch true any more ,just download everything put it on a usb and watch it when i want ,

Same here, stopped watching broadcast TV when I moved here, didn't really watch in much in the US anyway because of commercials. Nothing worse then being badgered with misleading crap.

• Like 1

True is missing adult management and also missing a marketing staff to find out what people want to watch. They will never stop screwing with the channels and canceling something that we want to see.

If it is imported then most likely they do not want to pay the fee. A backdoor copy is easy to run.

The answer is they do not care what they do let alone what their image is. If we had another choice those business would drop off. Why does the government not want to give us another choice.

BLOODY AMAZING!

Looks like in their new lineup True dropped TCM and MGM channels. Just one more reason to hope for some competition and more English channels. TCM and MGM would cost them peanuts, I would think.

TCM and MGM are still there side by side. They are in the Platinum package, and I have Gold + BBC so I don't get MGM, however I am getting TCM free as compensation for not getting the True Visions magazine anymore. In addition there is the new SUN channel from Korea which shows Movies in English.

True is missing adult management and also missing a marketing staff to find out what people want to watch. They will never stop screwing with the channels and canceling something that we want to see.

If it is imported then most likely they do not want to pay the fee. A backdoor copy is easy to run.

The answer is they do not care what they do let alone what their image is. If we had another choice those business would drop off. Why does the government not want to give us another choice.

BLOODY AMAZING!

Mostly of the English programming is provided by FOX throughout Asia, not backdoor copies. Try blaming FOX.

Channel changes are brought about due to reception problems so they have been shifting weaker channels up the spectrum. Unfortunately due to excessive solar flare activity at this time the reception of HD channels is subject to interference if you have satellite and not cable TV.

True annoyance #1 for me. We pay for theoretically ad free shows. But more and more True busts in every chance possible with their promotions for True. One yesterday lasted 4 minutes.

Even with good 3bb internet I would feel cut off from the world without True. Hard to explain.

Where does the True web site or its contract with you say the shows are ad free?

BLOODY AMAZING!

Mostly of the English programming is provided by FOX throughout Asia, not backdoor copies. Try blaming FOX.

Channel changes are brought about due to reception problems so they have been shifting weaker channels up the spectrum. Unfortunately due to excessive solar flare activity at this time the reception of HD channels is subject to interference if you have satellite and not cable TV.

Are u one of True's paid shills?

Solar flares my ass wink.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Looks like in their new lineup True dropped TCM and MGM channels. Just one more reason to hope for some competition and more English channels. TCM and MGM would cost them peanuts, I would think.

Both still there for me (Platinum).

BLOODY AMAZING!

Are u one of True's paid shills?

Solar flares my ass wink.png

Channel numbers/locations are purely driven by how the service provider or settop box manufacturer arrange their channel sequencing ...does not have anything to do with "frequency, weak signals, etc.). It just like how you can arrange channel order in many setup boxes in the sequence you like them (excluding True boxes).

Now I have TrueVision and also a free C/KU band system in my home (i.e., dish on the roof) and I use LeoTech settop boxes whose channel lineup is different than the channel lineup on a PSI box....exact same channels...same frequencies and everything, it's just LeoTech and PSI arrange the channels a little differently in their OTA updates. Giggle, giggle...solar flares.

• Like 1

I very rarely watch true any more ,just download everything put it on a usb and watch it when i want ,

But for how long? Many torrent sites are slowly being closed.

By the way, BBC HD is on 780

I guess there will always be changes. Contracts expire, new contracts are made. We just have to live with it.

Yes, I'd like to see some more British channels.

I purchased my first True (then UBC) dish 20 odd years back when I was living in HK. When I moved to Thailand the set top box came with me and I purchased new dishes and had them installed at our rented apartment in Bangkok and our own house in Pattaya. The set top box worked in both locations, but I understand that this convenience was stopped a few years back. I always paid a year in advance for which I received the service for 13 months. Every year about a month before the payment was due True sent me a reminder. This year I did not receive a reminder and one Sunday a few weeks back my service was cut off; no warnings, no reminders; nothing. Telephone calls achieved nothing and True denied that it ever sent out reminders and told me that I would have to go to a True shop and pay before the service was reconnected. I was extremely annoyed and told True what it could do with its service. Needless to say True could not have cared less. I did find the continual moving of channels extremely irritating and the quality of programming, despite the many channels available, has been on the decline for many years now. I have CTH and Sophon cable and am well covered for what I need and cannot understand why I remained loyal to True for so long.

• Like 2

But for how long? Many torrent sites are slowly being closed.

By the way, BBC HD is on 780

I guess there will always be changes. Contracts expire, new contracts are made. We just have to live with it.

Yes, I'd like to see some more British channels.

They will never shut down the torrent sites ,pirate bay is back at oldpiratebay.org ,there is also piratebay.cr ,kickass torrents are v good ,just to many to list , and lets face it there are more adverts for true progs than there are progs ,i am just pissed off with them , to say they have become crap is doing crap an injustice.

I just stream what i want to watch,series usually available day after release in US,

No adverts, and you have lists of all the shows,no need to download,i also have

ilikeHD which i just use to watch news in morning,documentaries,and football on

the weekends,True is too expensive,too many adverts,I had it from when it was IBC

as that was all that was available to see English channels,but not for a good few

years now,and the ba@#ards never refunded my deposit,how things have changed,

regards worgeordie

How difficult is it to get used to a new channel number? True have put all the HD channels together and all the news channels together. CNN HD is 172 (HD) and 778 (News).

Actually this isn't rue. The Thai news channels are still in the same place right at the beginning of the numbers, It isn't difficult strolling through all the numbers. annoying yes. I would have thought the news was important to many people and would deserve to be in a better position instead stuck at the end of the channel list. That was my point.