Not reporting address every 90 days........

Hello,

Just curious, I know a guy who in on an extension based on retirement (1st year) and has NEVER reported his address. (Because he has split from his wife 'not a Thai' but doesn't want her to find him)

What are the consequences?

Is he going to have a problem trying to get a new extension in February?

Thanks.thumbsup.gif

If he makes a flight out of country and returns before he has to apply it will clean him of this affliction.

They don't care at airports.

Returning he will have a fresh 90 days.

Not really. When doing his 90 day report or when extending in February, they could very well notice that he has missed out on earlier 90 day reports. If they do, he could (and probably would) still be fined 2,000 Baht.

Sophon

I wonder if I'm missing something here.

With a retirement visa, you go every 90 days and they stamp your passport for another 90 days,

is there something else that has to be done?

They don't stamp your passport. You complete a TM47 report of staying longer than 90 days in the country form and submit it to immigration and they staple a receipt for doing the report in you passport.

With a retirement visa, you go every 90 days and they stamp your passport for another 90 days,

They don't stamp your passport. You complete a TM47 report of staying longer than 90 days in the country form and submit it to immigration and they staple a receipt for doing the report in you passport.

They seem to have changed the rules again because when I reported for my 90 report the lady there gave me my paperwork back and said I only needed to bring in my passport for the 90 day. She did some entries on her computer and the copier spit out a paper which showed the next date I was to check in. Very quick and competent. Seems they have gone the computer route. Hope in the future we can just do it on our home computers. It would really save a lot of time and effort.

They seem to have changed the rules again because when I reported for my 90 report the lady there gave me my paperwork back and said I only needed to bring in my passport for the 90 day. She did some entries on her computer and the copier spit out a paper which showed the next date I was to check in. Very quick and competent. Seems they have gone the computer route. Hope in the future we can just do it on our home computers. It would really save a lot of time and effort.

Most immigration offices still want the form.

What was done or wanted at your local immigration will not apply at other offices.

Great answers everybody, today was my first time reporting with a retirement visa,.

I did fill out a form, gave them all the copies of stuff from my passport that they wanted,

They stapled a piece of paper for when I am to show up again.

Is there anything else I should have done?

What is the talk about verifying the address or was that what I was doing?

You reported your address today and immigration gave you a paper stating when you have to report again.

Same as I do/get for my marriage extension. Just wondering if non-reporting of the address could hinder any chance of future extensions, or is it just a case of 'pay the 2000 PM fine' and everything continues as normal for the next extension(s)

I once went a year without doing my 90 day reports. When I went to extend my visa based on retirement they wrote up a police report, they had me sign it and i paid the 2000 baht fine. This was at the Suan Plu office several years ago. They asked me why I didnt report and of course I feigned ignorance. They said mai pen rai.

Look, do the math. Every time I leave the house to venture into Bangkok it costs me a minimum of 2000 baht. Gas, tolls, time, food, goofing off, etc. 2000 baht x 4 = 8000 baht. VS. One year fine for not reporting 90 days = 2000 baht.

Since I moved and built a new house I no longer skip reporting. We now just make a day out of it and do something fun afterwards. Although, I still think it is an imbecilic rule that needs to go

They haven't changed the rules at all,just become more efficient,fancy that.Don't you remember getting your photo taken last time.

Most immigration offices still want the form.

What was done or wanted at your local immigration will not apply at other offices.

Kudos for little backwater Kap Choern for being up with the times then.

Same for me. I just turn up with my passport a day or two before that 'paper' stapled in my passport expires and I get a new 'paper' stapled in. Quick and easy. No form to fill in.

I once went a year without doing my 90 day reports. When I went to extend my visa based on retirement they wrote up a police report, they had me sign it and i paid the 2000 baht fine. This was at the Suan Plu office several years ago. They asked me why I didnt report and of course I feigned ignorance. They said mai pen rai.

Look, do the math. Every time I leave the house to venture into Bangkok it costs me a minimum of 2000 baht. Gas, tolls, time, food, goofing off, etc. 2000 baht x 4 = 8000 baht. VS. One year fine for not reporting 90 days = 2000 baht.

Since I moved and built a new house I no longer skip reporting. We now just make a day out of it and do something fun afterwards. Although, I still think it is an imbecilic rule that needs to go

Or do math reporting by mail. With 4 x registered mail, 4 x return postage and even adding in the cost of copies you won't end up much higher than 100 Baht per year vs. the fine of 2,000 Baht for not reporting.

Sophon

If he makes a flight out of country and returns before he has to apply it will clean him of this affliction.

They don't care at airports.

Returning he will have a fresh 90 days.

But if he flies out without getting a re-entry permit from immigration he'll loose his extension and only get 30 days on return.

When you go for the re-entry permit it will be noticed that you haven't reported and you'll get fined 2000 baht.

There is fine of 2000 bahts for skipping 90 days report.

For every missed report? so 8000Baht for the year?

Also you have to start the whole application deal from scratch..

Not reporting your stay does not make your permission to stay invalid. You can get extensions as usual.