Myanmar says workers innocent of murdering Britons on Koh Tao

webfact

Bloody hell you don't quit do you. On cue with the mendacious BS posts again. You twist everything people say to make it fit your agenda and refuse to have an open mind. Embarrassing. I think that their (Burmese team) investigative credentials must be pretty solid if the Burmese govt are entrusting them to do the job against almost impossible odds (unless you're still claiming the RTP methodology & public prosecutor's legal manoeuvrings to be wholly transparent and fair thus far).

The Burmese investigators have worked diligently,I derive this from the fact they've been interviewing people inside Burma and in Koh Tao as a means to defend their clients and try to get different views and insights about the crime. This in itself shows a level of professionalism and dedication the RTP has yet to show (maybe with the exception of when they brought in Mon for a chat for a couple of hours back in September). They said they've got witnesses who can shed light on things a little better, and that means it could affect the credibility of any evidence the RTP supposedly collected. I say supposedly because they are being incredibly evasive in where / how they got their circumstantial evidence from.

You seem to take glee in rubbishing their (Burmese investigators') findings. Remember the RTP only have a CCTV camera clip of the B3 driving towards the beach. Then there is the DNA test matches. Thailand DOES NOT have the capability to do forensic DNA profiling to international standards (unless you can show me evidence proving otherwise). Add to that the chain of custody of samples has never been outlined, and this lack of transparency relative to protocol can only make one suspicious about how exactly forensic DNA profiling was done so quickly and so accurately within Thailand's borders when they neither have the facilities nor personnel to do it.

So with these pieces of evidence being very shaky in themselves, what other evidence should I be aware of that is implicating the Burmese in the murders? Bearing in mind they signed a confession in Thai (despite not understanding Thai language and having an unqualified pancake seller translator coercing them into signing the said document). The evidence seems flimsy at best. The investigative ethics demonstrated by the RTP were at best questionable and at worst an absolute disgrace.

So with official confessions marred in controversy, it seems independent witnesses; "the bottom rung of the preponderance ladder in an investigation" are not credible sources of facts like you so gleefully point out. So again please tell me what cast iron evidence that is irrefutable could possibly convict the defendants on trial currently. Can't wait for you to enlighten me.

And please for your and my sake, keep it short and simple. Cheers

Well, since you want it short and simple.

"So again please tell me what cast iron evidence that is irrefutable could possibly convict the defendants on trial currently"

First off, I haven't called cast iron evidence, putting that aside... Physical evidence, DNA (as much as you'd like to hand wave it away), fingerprints, the victims belongings found in possession of the accused (or witnesses that can confirm that point), etc, etc... That sort of thing.

As for the Burmese investigation, you don't know the methodology they used so just because they interviewed people doesn't mean much, for example if they didn't corroborate the statements of witnesses, or if they derived a conclusion that doesn't follow logically from the testimony.

Well, now we know a bit more about what the Burmese defense has been doing, from another thread:

"To get more defence witnesses, we are trying to contact the leaders of migrant workers, committee members who are helping Myanmar migrant workers in Thailand and migrant workers who love their country. We have quite a few witnesses now, but the number may rise to over 100 or 200 in the next few days,"

They are counting on number of witnesses rather than relevance to the case on trial. To me that looks like they want to change it from a murder case against the defendants to a human rights case against Thailand.

AleG: "They are counting on number of witnesses rather than relevance to the case on trial."

How do you know that? You are constantly harping on the fact that you you want to see the evidence in the case and chastise other posters for speculating and then you do the same yourself, can't have it both ways.

• Like 1

AleG: "They are counting on number of witnesses rather than relevance to the case on trial."

How do you know that? You are constantly harping on the fact that you you want to see the evidence in the case and chastise other posters for speculating and then you do the same yourself, can't have it both ways.

"To get more defence witnesses, we are trying to contact the leaders of migrant workers, committee members who are helping Myanmar migrant workers in Thailand and migrant workers who love their country. We have quite a few witnesses now, but the number may rise to over 100 or 200 in the next few days,"

There's your answer, they are trying to contact up to 200 witnesses with no direct relation to the crime, what would a migrant workers leader testify about at the trial if they were not material witnesses to the crime? And if they were why not simply say they are trying to contact material witnesses?

There's your answer, they are trying to contact up to 200 witnesses with no direct relation to the crime, what would a migrant workers leader testify about at the trial if they were not material witnesses to the crime? And if they were why not simply say they are trying to contact material witnesses?

Take your own advice and leave it to the trial to decide on that. When others speculate in future remember that its a 2 way street.

• Like 1

Take your own advice and leave it to the trial to decide on that. When others speculate in future remember that its a 2 way street.

The motives and tactics of the defense are not on trial.

AlecG post #219

No because the prosecutors do want a defense that will shred the prosecution case to pieces and bring the spotlight to bear on the real killers.

AlecG post #219

No because the prosecutors do want a defense that will shred the prosecution case to pieces and bring the spotlight to bear on the real killers.

I think you need to restate that....

rockingrobin post # 228

People the last link i posted does work but be aware that for reasons uknown to me the site sometimes is not available.

I found it an interesting read

Linked to it no problems.

AlecG post #222.

I think you need to restate that....

As per your request AlecG .

See below, the truth..

So the prosecution wants the defense to win so that the real killers can be found. Did you actually re-read what you wrote or simple copy-paste it again?

There are hundreds of people working tirelessly for these boys.many for free.it is great that the lawyers and Andy and csi are no longer relying on the prosecution for their evidence. All people must work diligently to find our own evidence of innocence. Every person whose name has popped up on these sites, that is not on the prosecution list. Should be on the defense list of witnesses.

Now if the brit police or brit coroner had anything to

Support the prosecution, they would be putting in everyone's faces from dawn to dusk. Since we have not heard any bigmouthing from jtj, then they will be great defense witnesses.

The coroners report and brit dna testing is the only chance these boys have.

Edited by greenchair

Looks like Andy Hall is asking the same questions (tweeted 1 hour ago):

Koh Tao defense case:if anyone has evidence UK police/officials took statements from witnesses either in UK/Thailand pls contact me ASAP

https://twitter.com/atomicalandy

Depending on the response Andy gets this could change things dramatically.

IF the court allows the defence to call witnesses from abroad and they call Brits who have made statements to the UK police things could change very quickly.

I am wondering if the Brit authorities have suggested this move, it takes them out of the loop whilst giving the defence some room.

Remember the FCO declared on the family statements that it did not necessarily reflect their own views.

Standard caveat but not so usual when explaining released documents of this type.

Instead of relying on TV readers. Why don't the defense team simply write an email to the brit police and ask them.though the interview might be confidential .asking simply if they were interview would be fine.

There's a very recent post on a FB page that is not allowed to be mentioned on TV saying the trial may be postponed till next year!

I translated that page but it is a bit hard to understand I think they questioning the DNA Collection is that right?

As I read it it says that the defence may ask for a postponement as they have not been supplied with the prosecution case, as is required under Thai law.

Though the boys just want to go home. A postponement really is the best solution.

1.they are entitled to see the evidence against them.

2.they entitled to unrestricted access to their lawyers.

3.the coroners report is essential to all parties.

4.the dna must be redone by the defense. There would be dna everywhere. On the clothes, on the phone, on the body. (Not talking about ciggies)

If the b2 dna is on any part of these 2 people. They just better fess up. If not. Let them go

your point 2:

I read that their lawyers only had access to speaking to them through a glass screen and that was one at a time! What the F!

• Like 2