Don Muang Airport Boosts Security After Foiled Bomb Plot In London

george

"It is a great weapon of mass distraction used by Goebbels, by Blair and by Bush. These kinds of alledged plots, hardly ever materialize and stay in the stages of talking about it. It distracts the attention of the war in Iraq (which was needed after Lieberman got beaten and Bush and Blair gets ratings that are on seage level) and Lebanon."

You know when you have people writing tripe like this you know there is little hope. The extreme fundamentalist Islamic cause is opposed to Democracy in all its facets- it wants to erase its existence. And moreover for those sceptics who think all this is a diversification so New York, Bali, Madrid, London are all propaganda made up. Really get with it the death toll would have been in many thousands if these airlines had gone up in mid air this week. This is reality babe.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

taxexile,

I question every story I hear about terroism when it appears on the news - that's the way I am, I trust no one. I'm not saying that using liquid explosives isn't possible - I don't know anything about liquid explosives for a start! That's not my point and sorry if it came across that way. I certainly aint a professor! :o

All I'm saying is that personally, I don't believe everything I hear on the news and I always question why the propoganda merchants are feeding us what they are feeding us on a day to day basis. I'm a huge sceptic and I don't belive the news or the politicians.

In my humble opinion (and it's just mine and I'm not wanting to force it on anyone else) I feel that the Government of this country, and the US, are keeping us fearful and paranoid by drip feeding us news so we are blinded by the so called 'good' that is being done to stop terroism. While this is happening they're free to go on bombing innocent people in the name of the fight against terror while our attentions are focused on something else.

Who are the real terroists in all of this?

Another solution might be to have security boxes at checkin. You put your carryon into a security box and it gets locked and you carry it onto the plane as usual but you can't get access to it until the plane lands and a security checkpoint at the destination unlocks it. It would add a lot of weight and cost to the flight if everyone did it, so it would likely have to be limited to passengers who were willing to pay extra for the service.

Two alternatives might be:

1) Cling-film wrap and security seal all hand baggage not required during the flight;

2) Let the hostesses lock the overhead bins after boarding - although this would require additional security monitoring between the last security check and the locking of the bins.

Yes, that's the very first thing that came to my mind about a possible solution. The problem though is that someone could easily carry something onto the plane and once to their seat, tape the bomb component onto the underside of the seat, or hide in on themself, etc. Doing a final security check once the passenger is on the plane would be absolultely impossible IMHO.

Your cling-film wrap idea sound interesting.

Edited by Soju

You know when you have people writing tripe like this you know there is little hope. The extreme fundamentalist Islamic cause is opposed to Democracy in all its facets- it wants to erase its existence. And moreover for those sceptics who think all this is a diversification so New York, Bali, Madrid, London are all propaganda made up. Really get with it the death toll would have been in many thousands if these airlines had gone up in mid air this week. This is reality babe.

Democracy? You really think the UK and the US are truely democratic? Pull the other one......

dawn , nobody is more of a sceptic than me when it comes to the media.

and i agree that what is happening in iraq is wrong , but i do believe that the twin towers came down and that hundreds died in bombings in madrid , bali , london and elsewhere and that yesterdays threat was very real.

fundamental islam and the outrages they export is a great danger to the way we live and should be stamped out wherever it rears its ugly head , and if the islamic community cant or wont confront it then somebody else must.

Twenty-one people have reportedly been arrested in connection with the foiled plot, all of them British Muslims.

Why cant Britain just put its foot down and say no to anti British British????

If there were people in Thailand who openly hated Thailand and caused damage to Thailand etc the Thais would have no problems giving them the boot. How ridiculous is it that the British have absolutely no power to do the same???? If you don't like the place your living - get out!!!

We are becoming the powerless in our own country.

Some images of friendly,British muslims exercising their right to protest in London.

Aren't they nice? Should they be deported? They hate all infidels and non believers. HATE! Slightly scary.

If farangs threatened Buddhists in Thailand like this they would all be down in jail or on the next plane out of here. At least that's my guess.

post-7171-1124780992_thumb.jpg

I think that if all these sad sack fanatics convened in one place and blew themselves up en-mass they would have achieved their end in one easy move. :D

They would have all become 'martyrs', hundreds of 'inocents' would have been disposed of, and the rest of the world could then live awhile without fear! :D

Maybe a few of our leaders could be encouraged to join them? :o

Yes, well anyway, we have alot of guests who plan to fly home in the next few days and are wondering what exactly the security measure will be in Bangkok.

Anyone heard about laptops and mp3 players? How early should one go in to check in now?

Have the airlines issued anything official? The United Thailand site only mentions liquids like shampoo and toothpaste. Nothing about electronics or books.

From United Thailand:

Customer Travel Tips All United customers should be aware of the following changes to airport screening procedures, effective today, Aug. 10. These procedures will remain in place as circumstances warrant.

NO LIQUIDS OR GELS OF ANY KIND CAN BE CARRIED ON THE AIRCRAFT.

Items that fall within this category include:

* All beverages of any type in any size container, including bottled water.

* Shampoo

* Suntan lotion

* Creams

* Toothpaste

* Hair gel

* Other items of similar consistency

Such items may be transported in checked baggage.

Exceptions include:

* Baby formula, breast milk or juice, only if a baby or small child is traveling

* Prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket

* Insulin and essential other non-prescription medication.

Please note that all of these approved items must be presented for inspection at the security checkpoint. Customers traveling from the U.K. to the U.S. should expect even more extensive screening processes.

Any beverages purchased in the boarding area (beyond the security checkpoint) must be consumed before boarding, as they will not be permitted on board the aircraft. In light of these directives, passengers may experience delays at security checkpoints.

Departing flights may also experience delays as a result. Please arrive three hours prior to scheduled departure time for domestic and international flights.

United would also like to advise our customers on steps they can take to ease their travel experience during this period.

1. Pack lightly. Try to reduce clutter to facilitate easier screening.

2. Please arrive three hours prior to scheduled departure time for domestic and international flights.

3. Cooperate with security personnel at all checkpoints and gates.

4. Be attentive and vigilant to any suspicious activity and report it to authorities.

5. Never leave baggage or personal items unattended.

***edit*** Sorry, these rules are also on the United US website as well ***

Unfortunately, the value of the information and the truth that lies in it, is worth very little. It is a great weapon of mass distraction used by Goebbels, by Blair and by Bush. These kinds of alledged plots, hardly ever materialize and stay in the stages of talking about it. It distracts the attention of the war in Iraq (which was needed after Lieberman got beaten and Bush and Blair gets ratings that are on seage level) and Lebanon.

Anyone who believes that it is logical to come up with a liquid explosive is not of this world. There are just three substances that would qualify and all either instable or impossible to use without difficult to smuggle devices.

These plots are designed by governments to allow our privacy to get violated. It is like a dirty bomb. You scare the hel_l out of simple people arrest a few people and in the end it appears just to be an unworkable idea.

Do not trust your government!

What? People like the shoebomber were hired by Bush/Blair and then allowed to be caught to boost ratings? And the ones they dont catch in time like the Bali crew are allowed to slip through for the same reason? Who else is in on this? Surely you must know since you were able to crack this secret.

They hardly materialize and stay in those early stages because they are brought to an end by the police.

Anyone who knows that liquid explosive isn't 'not of this world', but that its in use in quarries, among other places.

These conspiracy plots designed by nuts work the same way magicians, illusionists and fortune tellers convince people.

Edited by thefusilier

Unfortunately, the value of the information and the truth that lies in it, is worth very little. It is a great weapon of mass distraction used by Goebbels, by Blair and by Bush. These kinds of alledged plots, hardly ever materialize and stay in the stages of talking about it. It distracts the attention of the war in Iraq (which was needed after Lieberman got beaten and Bush and Blair gets ratings that are on seage level) and Lebanon.

Anyone who believes that it is logical to come up with a liquid explosive is not of this world. There are just three substances that would qualify and all either instable or impossible to use without difficult to smuggle devices.

These plots are designed by governments to allow our privacy to get violated. It is like a dirty bomb. You scare the hel_l out of simple people arrest a few people and in the end it appears just to be an unworkable idea.

Do not trust your government!

Well, as long as you're thinking about the "informations" which were given to make the world believe it has been the only possibility to crack down Iraq, i might partly agree, but not with your comparisons.

People like you must be aware that in an open society there's no way for 100% security. What i've gotten from the news is just another quality of terror. These kinds of explosives (TATP) are very easy & cheap to produce from items everybody might get in a supermarket. And not to be detected by the optical systems used today. :o ... additional scanners in Bangkok ...[http://www.spiegel.de/wissenschaft/mensch/0,1518,431120,00.html]

What i fear is the ongoing process of people loosing the common sense to provide their own aimes. Starting with wracking benches in the park up to bombs on public transport. If they dont like Mr. Bush - why bomb a plane abroad?

I think its time that Muslims had their own airlines and be restricted from travelling on non-muslim planes. This may sound radical and it probably is BUT I AM SO SICK OF THESE PSYCHO RELIGIOUS BASTARDS creating havoc for the rest of the peaceful population. Better yet, lets help them all find their way to paradise. That seems to be what they desire.

Sorry, I am just venting here in an irrational way. I am just angry. I am not a racist, I am just sick of these scumbags trying this stuff and yet the so-called "good" Muslims themselves not even bothering to police their own.

Talking about generalising, eh? Muslims should be restricted from travelling on non-muslim planes? So by saying this you're actually implying that all muslims are likely to be potential terrorists, are you?

As I said, I was venting anger. Basically, if the Muslim world does not take responsibilty for radical preaching and tacidly allows this behaviour to continue and flourish, then YES, let them segregate out and live in the stone age. I could care less.

As to your second question, it is quite clear that these lunatics live amongst us and YES they are all potetntial terrorists. We have no way of telling the good from bad Muslims. I lost a good friend to a terrorist bomb and I guess I have just had enough of being politically correct. Fight fire with fire. Screw 'em.

Its only a matter of time b4 a bomb detonates here in Bangkok. I wonder how you will feel then?

Sorry,just venting steam again....I will be ok in a few days.

I only fly if I have to. I much prefer trains. Unfortunately, it's hard to catch a train to Australia!

Try swimming

were?in the mekong maybe.by the way

. i have a question to all members interested!HO IS THE BIGGEST TERRORIST IN TODAYS WORLD? :o

From Thai Air

Because of the plans for terrorism on board aircraft, uncovered in England on 10th August 2006, there was a temporary closure of service at every airport in the United Kingdom, and strict additional security procedures have been introduced.

Mr. Somchainuk Engtrakul, Board Director, Thai Airways International Public Company Limited, has announced that THAI is adding more special security arrangements for passengers on every THAI flight to the United Kingdom and the United States of America to follow regulations of the Transportation Security Administration (TSA) in the United States of America and British Airport Authority (BAA) in the United Kingdom, established for airlines departing for the United Kingdom and the United States of America as follows:

Security Arrangement for Passengers

1. Passengers are restricted from bringing carry-on items, but these may be transported as checked baggage

2. Passengers can bring personal belongings or items listed by security which have to be contained in a plastic bag that can be seen clearly as follows:

2.1 Pocket size wallets and pocket size purses plus contents (e.g. money, credit cards, identity card), but not the handbag (applies only to UK flights)

2.2 Travel documents essential for journey such as passports, traveling tickets

2.3 Prescription medicine with a name that matches the passenger’s ticket

2.4 Contact Lens holders, without bottles of solutions

2.5 Female sanitary items sufficient and essential for the flight such as tampons, pads, towels, wipes, which must be unboxed

2.6 Keys but not electrical key fobs

2.7 Passengers traveling with infants may carry baby food and milk, the contents of each bottle must be tasted by the accompanying passenger

2.8 Spectacles and sunglasses, unboxed

3. Passengers are restricted from carrying liquids or gels of any size at the screening checkpoint or in the cabin of the aircraft including beverages, shampoo, suntan lotion, creams, toothpaste, hair gel, and other items of similar consistency.

4. Cell phones or mobile phones, electronic devices of any kind are restricted on board, such as computer notebook or MP3 player, but can be transported in checked baggage

5. All passengers are required to respond to every question on their belongings. If they cannot respond, they can be searched and refused loading of their baggage

6. All passengers will be hand searched, and all footwear and all items being carried will be x-rayed

7. If passengers wish to buy liquid goods at duty free shops, they will be asked to leave them with the staff at the gate to be loaded in the aircraft

Passengers traveling to the United States of America are allowed to bring carry-on bag on board. THAI will continue to operate flights to London, England 2 times a day, to Los Angeles 4 times a week and to New York 3 times a week.

As of today, THAI still maintains its normal flight operations between Bangkok and London according to the normal schedule. There has been no report of passenger cancellations.

THAI would like to request passengers traveling to the United Kingdom and the United States of America to arrive at the airport at least 3 hours before the flight departure, and to strictly follow the security regulations. For more information please call 0-2628-2000 and 0-2356-1111, 24 hours.

So, are passengers to the US allowed to bring electronics onboard or not?

If they dont like Mr. Bush - why bomb a plane abroad?

Muslim Facism world domination - u arent one of them then you are a target. :o

we are all a target! WHITE FOLKS MORE, BECAUSE WE ARE A RACISTIC RACE.To say it simple the human race are EVIL.NEWERMIND THE COLOR

What I am most concerned about now is the welfare of those 24 being caught. Luckily I bet there are enough human rights activists out there to protect them from being ill-treated. To ensure them being kept in a 5-star environment and whilst having a sib on their cocktails in a hot-tub hopefully are willingly to reveal some of their plots. Plots?? Plans!!!! It's a holy war, FGS!

What I am most concerned about now is the welfare of those 24 being caught. Luckily I bet there are enough human rights activists out there to protect them from being ill-treated. To ensure them being kept in a 5-star environment and whilst having a sib on their cocktails in a hot-tub hopefully are willingly to reveal some of their plots. Plots?? Plans!!!! It's a holy war, FGS!

WAS IT HOLY TO DROP 500000 TON,S OF CLUSTER BOMB,S OVER LAOS 35 YEAR AGO OR MAYBE THAT IS THE CRISTIAN WAY OR THE JEWISH STYLE

Twenty-one people have reportedly been arrested in connection with the foiled plot, all of them British Muslims.

If there were people in Thailand who openly hated Thailand and caused damage to Thailand etc the Thais would have no problems giving them the boot. How ridiculous is it that the British have absolutely no power to do the same???? If you don't like the place your living - get out!!!

top bit of thinking there my man and how hard is that to work out ?

if they dont like the place, im with you and say get the frig out of here. :o

So basically, you're advocating the rescinding of the nationality of natural born citizens?

I suppose you support the Thai government not giving citizenship to 4th and 5th generation Thai-born hilltribespeople?

Perhaps you'd also like to see all Scots. Welsh and Irish repatriated OUT of England?

The UK Government does have laws they can enact, but unlike some countries the UK operates under the premise of innocent until proven guilty, and demands a burden of proof be laid before the judiciary.

Gaz

i think if you read his post correctly he states only that if you dont like the place you can leave ?

dont think he meant to kick out all non white or non born brits.

but i could be wrong so what does the author really mean here ?

top bit of thinking there my man and how hard is that to work out ?

if they dont like the place, im with you and say get the frig out of here. :o

I think they like the place. It's the people they want to get rid of. Non-muslims I guess. :D

:D

The whole concept of having to fly everywhere is ludicrous anyway. As an ex Merchant Navy Officer (passenger ships) whose career was wrecked by the arrival of the Boeing 747, I can't help feel that retribution has come at last albeit a bit late in the day for me.

In the UK I can usually get to any destination by train quicker than by low cost airline. The same goes for many European destinations. F@@k the plane - go by train!

well , as a miserable old seadog you might be smirking with schadenfreude and doing a jig on the poop deck at the latest news , but millions of people do need to fly , and whilst agreeing with you on large rucksacks and duty free , i have to say that the rest of your post was utter bilge.

classic :o

If they dont like Mr. Bush - why bomb a plane abroad?

Muslim Facism world domination - u arent one of them then you are a target. :o

we are all a target! WHITE FOLKS MORE, BECAUSE WE ARE A RACISTIC RACE.To say it simple the human race are EVIL.NEWERMIND THE COLOR

:D

Update:

PM orders higher security after UK bomb plot

BANGKOK:-- Responsible Thai authorities should beef up security measures to prevent any possible terrorist attack in the kingdom after British police thwarted a major terrorist plot to destroy aircraft flying from the United Kingdom to the United States, Prime Minister Thaksin Shinwatra said Friday.

The Prime Minister said he had ordered security agencies to step up their security measures and to closely coordinate information with intelligence agencies in allied countries.

"Thailand is one of the countries that join the anti-terrorist campaign under a United Nations resolution; so we can share information with other countries to plan our own strict preventive measures against any possible incident," he said.

Thailand is not a target of terrorism, but the country has flights to both the United States and the United Kingdom, Mr. Thaksin said, so the Thai authorities should apply strict measures for the safety of passengers.

He noted that the terrorists had always changed their tactics to attack; so the authorities must adjust to terrorist changes.

The prime minister added that Thailand's security forces are well prepared to protect the British and American embassies in Bangkok.

--TNA 2006-08-11