Banning the Booze on NEW YEARs , what will it affect besides Tourism, in ur Opinion?

TheWizardofRnR

Forcing people to open their own whole Bottle of Booze , even at home , does force people to not just have a few drinks , why not just Ban driving on New Years Eve and add on more taxis & public transport buses as only means to travel about 18:00 hrs. on 12/31/14 until 06:00 on 1/1/15 , banning Booze will force people to drink at home , thus damaging people who are in that Business who are already just surviving due to poor tourism because of people's fear of a Country in a Coup govt. even tho we may agree it was for the better that it happened to some extent.

Then lets take the Bad press that will put another Nail into the Tourism Business , people will perceive it that when it was discussed and dismissed before , it was just a rouse to get tourists to make bookings to come here for NY's Eve , and now a Ban on booze will make them lose deposits if they cancel travel means to come here or deposits on hotel reservations they have paid out already., so unless they are rich and money don't matter , there will be terrible fallout over Thailand's last minute scam to force many to come , that would not if the Ban had been done earlier !

Please Mr. Prime Minister stick with your earlier decision , Thailand needs a good time every so often to celebrate & blow off some steam. My Dad never went out on NY's EVE , he called it Amateur Night !

post-35854-0-08990700-1418943301_thumb.p

post-35854-0-51501400-1418943328_thumb.j

post-35854-0-61634700-1418943352_thumb.j

post-35854-0-49894400-1418943370_thumb.j

Edited by theoldgit
Font changed to standard size.

Less alcohol tax revenue, less money earned by bars and girls.

More depressed tourists and expats who might find a flight off a balcony as their only resort.

Probably more fights from the withdrawal symptoms.

Possible underground speakeasys or parties.

Or, many just won't care.

I can imagine that if they ban it, there will be no such thing as a new years party since 99% of people are going to stay home and go to bed because they don't know how to have fun without getting drunk.

Edited by A1Str8

What amazes me that we think, that the Thais even care what we think on our (Western) New Years Eve.

Then, would a 'Ban' on Booze even be enforced outside the areas when the Police collect their Tea Money ... facepalm.gif

Reality Check, Aisle 3 please

Well Thank the people who chose the proper approach to this and the Party will be on , but sadly the many Russian visitors may not be here due to a economic downturn. I think the picture of these anti-alcohol ladies with only 1 guy in it , but I would guess that none of them have a job that would have been jeopardized by an alcohol Ban. If they want to curtail the number of Holiday deaths , put check-points to test the breath, analyzers should get the drunks off the road but they must keep them up from 6PM 18:00hrs. to 06:00 AM NYEVE to Jan 2nd , probably same on Christmas eve to the morning of the 26th

Lets not forget Songkran too , we wouldn't want to have the Thai people think we aren't worried about their Drunk Drivers , on their big Holiday !