Bangkok Administration and Coca Cola join in preserving environment

webfact

BMA and Coca Cola join in preserving environment

BANGKOK: -- Bangkok Metropolitan Administration (BMA) yesterday signed a memorandum of understanding with Coca-Cola Thailand to accomplish a waste disposal scheme in its effort to preserve environment and reduce wastes.

The scheme is the second phase of the complete recycle waste disposal program aimed at creating a network of environmental preservation and reduction of waste and recyclable materials.

The MoU was signed by BMA deputy governor Jumpol Sampappol, and chairman of Coca-Cola Foundation Nantiwat Thamhathai, and acting director of the Mirror Foundation Jareewan Kawirat.

Mr Jumpol stressed the BMA’s particular interest in the reduction of waste by promoting public cooperation in separating different types of trash for the recycle purposes and preparing the complete cycle of waste management system.

He said the BMA also plans to apply advanced technology to developing waste disposal techniques.

This will turn trash into useful materials, he said and added that this approach will be introduced and implemented in the BMA’s 50 district offices later.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/bma-coca-cola-join-preserving-environment

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-12-19

Coca Cola coiuld really help the environment by setting up more soft drink dispensing machines instead of selling their products in cans and bottles. It is much easier and cheaper to refill the tanks than it is to recycle cans and bottles. Remember Reduce, Reuse, Recycle. Instead of going straight to Recycle we should be trying to reduce our garbage so that we don't have to recyle.

• Like 1

Not dispensing machines they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I drink Coke every day but it' goes flat too quickly..........Coke should do a promotion and give away a small dispenser that replaces the cap on the bottle............These dispensers are great the fizz is there to the last drop but only someone with Coke's clout can get them out there

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Not dispensing machines they suck!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I drink Coke every day but it' goes flat too quickly..........Coke should do a promotion and give away a small dispenser that replaces the cap on the bottle............These dispensers are great the fizz is there to the last drop but only someone with Coke's clout can get them out there

I use Coke everyday....to clean the rust off of my water pipes.....whistling.gif