I am trying to understand Thai logic

elgordo38

Stop complaining about Thai logic because it is that same logic that let's a 60 yr old male from western countries have 24 yr old girlfriends and wives in this country. If they were logical in a western sense, they would be with someone closer to their own age.

Not necessarily. Money trumps logic every time. Old men all over the world have young girlfriends.

koele2, on 20 Dec 2014 - 09:59, said:

Stop complaining about Thai logic because it is that same logic that let's a 60 yr old male from western countries have 24 yr old girlfriends and wives in this country. If they were logical in a western sense, they would be with someone closer to their own age.

Even stop to think they prefer more mature, caring men, rather than less mature, insensitive, non caring, self centered young twerps... many girls/ladies are simply looking for a more stable, secure future, is that so hard for your young immature brain to realise... so tired of you young, jealous prats... who believe they know all... come back after your balls drop and then join in a mature debate...

Not necessarily. Money trumps logic every time. Old men all over the world have young girlfriends.

I wonder what "logic" has to do with it.....

Bad decisions is the reason poor people, around the world, stay poor.

I've seen "the poor" here in the US pay US$3,000 for 21" wheels for a car worth $1,200.

Also, why many people, even educated, get into trouble with credit card debt.

Sad, but a universal truth.

I've seen "the poor" here in the US pay US$3,000 for 21" wheels for a car worth $1,200.

I think the difference is, in the US, Australia, Britain etc, there is a minority that make bad decisions, but in Thailand it seems to be a national epidemic

• Like 1

I think the difference is, in the US, Australia, Britain etc, there is a minority that make bad decisions, but in Thailand it seems to be a national epidemic

as judged by you.

• Like 1

as judged by you.

As judged by me, and many others, who, unlike you, are not blinkered and can see the truth.

• Like 1

Hey cool it. I am 76 with a 25 yr. old Thai g/f going on 3 yrs now. She is smarter nicer hell I have run out of words to describe her than any other Thai woman regardless of age. When shopping she says Please! can I have that nothing extravagant. She takes me out to dinner once a month. She will not get a house with a pool and a car after I snuff it but she will get a good start in her next leg up in life. If you need my help as a match maker don't be shy ask me there is no charge. That's what friends are for. The thing that does piss me off is that she is faithful to her parents sending them funds faithfully every month while most of her siblings are self centered greedy wanting only what is best for them. I advise her never to have any children as in the future all this family loyalty stuff will go the way of the Dodo bird. Children are like buying stock in a good company that is here today gone tomorrow.

• Like 1

as judged by you.

As judged by me, and many others, who, unlike you, are not blinkered and can see the truth.

+1

• Like 2

smotherb, on 19 Dec 2014 - 17:54, said:
KarenBravo, on 19 Dec 2014 - 17:32, said:

In Thailand, people go bankrupt trying to look rich......

I see farangs trying that every day.

Rubbish.. I doubt you "see" any, granted a minority might, but here the numbers are much higher. The gist of the OP is that Thailand has a very high percentage of illogical thinkers, and this is certainly true.

And, you think a lot of the farangs who come here are not illogical thinkers? Have you ever noticed the many tourists who act like they are rich, then they go home to rather menial jobs and live on a tight budget until they can be holiday-rich again? And, that phenomenon is not limited to the tourists.

• Like 1

And, you think a lot of the farangs who come here are not illogical thinkers? Have you ever noticed the many tourists who act like they are rich, then they go home to rather menial jobs and live on a tight budget until they can be holiday-rich again? And, that phenomenon is not limited to the tourists.

Two weeks a year rich in Thailand is better than 52 weeks a year poor in the west.

At least you have something, every year, to anticipate and savor.

Rubbish.. I doubt you "see" any, granted a minority might, but here the numbers are much higher. The gist of the OP is that Thailand has a very high percentage of illogical thinkers, and this is certainly true.

A holiday is to escape from the realities of day to day life back home. People save money to do that so they can spent it f.i. in Thailand. Not a difficult concept to grasp is it ?

• Like 1

Perhaps you have a problem understanding what I said, you appear to be another who justifies they belief by quoting minority examples.... or are you seriously suggesting that visitors to Thailand are the world majority... come back and debate with us grown ups, after your balls have dropped, until then go play with the rest of the kiddies. Are you also more knowledgeable to know that all tourists have "menial" jobs... geez, you really are think.

The OP has nothing to do with logic. People in every country behave illogically and irrationally.

It's nothing new- in the East End of London- some parts are quite poor- there is a new BMW outside and the owner is living in one small room- cheap easy credit- interest rates are rock bottom.

Why worry- the OP is trying to impose Western logic.

Personally I do not care what others think of me- I don't have to prove anything ( but I have the luxury of old money, the finest education etc ) - however its very important in emerging countries to be able to demonstrate your wealth; even if that is just a new pick up.

The sole reason people don't understand ''Thai logic'' is because there simply is no '' analytical logic involved in the minds of most Thais. That's why we can't UNDERSTAND it is because their minds don't work with logical reasoning. Decisions and conculsions are moslty 99% of the time made out of ''face value'' ''greng jai'' and all sort of jai's. Know what I mean?

Edited by Datebayo

I am just starting my 14th year here, and have finally stopped getting all worked up about Thai logic.

I have to many examples of my own.

My Thai wife wanted to help her eldest sister when her husband died in Korat. Despite my 40+years of top business management experience, my wife totally ignored me, found a n empty 3-floor shop building near us and BOUGHT it from the bank for 3.5M baht. They wet it up as a restaurant and I did my best to kit it out, type menus etc in English. But she then told me she had to pay the bank back 35,000 baht a month. When I asked her to listen to me and let me prove it was totally impossible to pay that from the meager takings which I forecast and was proved right. Soon she was in trouble with the bank. Her sister just up and went back to Korat. I made her close the shop immediately and try to sell it - an impossible task as so many new shop blocks were being built.

She then sat down and let me show her very slowly why she needed more than 65-70000 baht INCOME a month just to pay the bank back. Thde end result was she has now been made bankrupt. Family was stronger than marriage !!!

Why did you sign allowing her to buy at the land office?

Why did you co-sign the home loan?

You have veto power on her land purchases ands home loans.

How did you keep your house?

They would take that too.

Or is she really just your gf, in which case, why make a post calling her your wife?

Your post is suspect!

Analytical logic, this man has.

Someone got all pissy. If you're an old guy and have a nice young thing, good for you. But stop lying to yourself if you don't believe money is not the key motivator in the relationship. All the other stuff is secondary.

Yer see, you don't really know much, do you?

I'm an old fella with a Thai wife 17 years younger than me and we have been together 18 years. Money is not at the heart of our relationship.

The thing is, I think your assessment will apply to you if ever you gave it a try. Justice.

The sole reason people don't understand ''Thai logic'' is because there simply is no '' analytical logic involved in the minds of most Thais. That's why we can't UNDERSTAND it is because their minds don't work with logical reasoning. Decisions and conculsions are moslty 99% of the time made out of ''face value'' ''greng jai'' and all sort of jai's. Know what I mean?

nonsense. their logic is different than yours but that doesnt make it less valid.

as judged by you.

your version of truth. many bigots agree

• Like 2

as judged by you.

your version of truth. many bigots agree

So true. And like many others like him, they demonstrate irrational and illogical behavior much more than any Thai. These malcontents who come to Thailand and want nothing to do with the Thais, complain day and night about being treated as 2nd class citizens, the driving, the greedy Thai women, the corruption, the immigration policies, the poor service, blah, blah, blah, YET, they CHOOSE to live here. How illogical is that?

• Like 2

So true. And like many others like him, they demonstrate irrational and illogical behavior much more than any Thai. These malcontents who come to Thailand and want nothing to do with the Thais, complain day and night about being treated as 2nd class citizens, the driving, the greedy Thai women, the corruption, the immigration policies, the poor service, blah, blah, blah, YET, they CHOOSE to live here. How illogical is that?

I'm sure they pissed and moaned as much where they came from. its the nature of the beast.