'Jealous' Thai cop kills ex-girlfriend before turning gun on himself

webfact

This guy was a lieutenant. He must have come through the police academy, not just a sergeant/thug/hitman. It would be very interesting to read some background. He must have had some incidents before. Which police station was he assigned to? Of course we will hear no more.

I thought all would-be police graduated from the academy. It may well be that his higher rank was because of family connections or wealth, but just as likely he was a bigger mongrel, or sycophant.

No, you either come in as a commissioned officer or not. If the latter, you will very rarely reach the rank of lieutenant. It is effectively a military structure.

Is there any selection test for the officer class? Like basic social skills, maths, leadership qualities, minimum education level?

Or is it just how much money you can pay....

Troubled souls often use violence in an attempt to find whatever solution it is they seek. Very sad indeed. RIP.

Equally sad is the veiled hate and slanted comments from those that seem to think they are on a higher plane.

• Like 1

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Thai male. Now I'm just waiting for someone to say this happens all over the world.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the bitter farang. TV: the hub of Thai bashing. And a story like this one is sure to bring them crawling out of the woodwork.

Bashing? Reality sunshine.

• Like 1

He sursure e isn't a loss to humanity in general, however I do have sympathy for his parents and of course the murdered girl and her family too.

Damn... i Hope Santa doesn't bring me a Thai girlfriend with baggage .

I allow them a small handbag.

Which they can take with them in the morning.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the Thai male. Now I'm just waiting for someone to say this happens all over the world.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you the bitter farang. TV: the hub of Thai bashing. And a story like this one is sure to bring them crawling out of the woodwork.

Well, then why do you read TV? There are nice alternatives- the websites of the TAT, the Ministry of Culture and the 12 Commandments of the Dear Leader.

• Like 1

Yes ... this is not even "News" in the USA.

I just saw in Florida a guy killed his wife, mother and son. Hardly anyone notices in USA.

Since Columbine High School massive shooting -- there have been 37 shootings at High Schools & Colleges in the USA. Over 70 Dead!

This would hardly make the Dallas, Texas 10 o'clock News.

He sure isn't a loss to humanity in general, however I do have sympathy for his parents and of course the murdered girl and her family too.

I feel sympathy towards a person in that much pain, no need to exclude. You don't have to approve of a person's actions to feel compassion, you know.

Edited by John1thru10

I have to agree with 'Sunshine' here, at least in regards to your posts. And incidentally, if you don't know that it definitely happens all over the world, and every day, then...well.

I have to agree with 'Sunshine' here, at least in regards to your posts. And incidentally, if you don't know that it definitely happens all over the world, and every day, then...well.

Yes murder by teddy bear happens all over the world I suppose, but Thailand has to be the world leader for murder by jealous, blokes, much the same as knob lopping

Very sad indeed, especially if it is true that she was pregnant as well. I can't help but thinking that him killing himself too is the only was we would have seen justice in this case. Too much chance that he would have been released on bail, did a runner or just nothing would happen to him as is the case all too often here.

This is the type of inactive post i would like to see for more of these types of scumbags. I just wish he would have started with himself and let the poor girl and her unborn baby alone.

A sad Outcome for the girls family but he did the right thing to himself a bullet to the head always the best way in a case like this saves the bother of having a trial and wasting courts time, it’s such a shame that Thai parents don’t learn their spoiled sons self-control they all seem to be a few shillings short of the pound when it comes to emotional decisions.

proof that "buying" a position as a police officer is not the right way , all applicants should be vetted , have background checks etc , instead they are happy to recuit murderers .

Yes, buying a position, if he did this, is definitely not the right way and as it appears to occur regularly it is morally unjust and reprehensible.. Unfortunately murder/suicides involving police is not isolated to the RTP and despite all the vetting, background checks and being trained in academies and in the use of small arms, it will never stop.

So your statement about them being happy to recruit murderers is a little unjust because unfortunately, this crime occurs world wide, not just here. In no way am I condoning a murder/suicide but before we criticise and use derogatory comment we should show some empathy towards the parents and families of those involved. And no, they will probably not read Thai Visa but many others do and who might judge you accordingly.

Many may say that this will be brushed under the carpet or the inquiry will be inadequate but we should wait and if nothing is forthcoming then by all means be critical. If this arose through an act of jealousy then maybe, and I am saying only maybe he was suffering from morbid jealousy, which can be related to schizophrenia and delusional disorder.

One's mind acts in a way at times that it cannot be controlled and it is during this time that many of these types of incidents occur and this is a proven medical fact, which has been upheld by many law courts throughout the world.. So for once, those of you who want to be critical and use derogatory terminology give it a miss and let's wait and see what additional factual information is forthcoming.

Can I be the someone?

This happens all over the world.

I also agree. One would think he would do some research before posting such a ludicrous statement. And sunshine is right, it hasn't taken long.

You know guys...if you are going to shoot yourself anyway..."tuning the gun on yourself"...just let the girl and her boyfriend go free and take yourself out...leave a note that you could not live without her...

Your friends and family will hold you in higher regard...you will not have "murderer nut case" as part of your legacy...

proof that "buying" a position as a police officer is not the right way , all applicants should be vetted , have background checks etc , instead they are happy to recuit murderers .

Background checks?<deleted>? This aint the west.

Previous jobs......rice farmer ok you got the job..

Previous jobs....rubber tapper ok you got the job...

Its a 3rd world country where education is almost non existent and wealth rules.