Prayut suggests chartered flights to fly Indian couples to get married in Thailand

Lite Beer

Their is no need for chartered flights as the volume is to small.

The number one destination this year for Indian weddings was Pattaya. I know several Indian wedding organizers operating out of Singapore and Thailand's numbers are small compared to Indian weddings in Bali, Singapore, Dubai and even Cambodia (Angkor Wat).

Most Indian weddings that you hear of in Bangkok are Indian Thai's from the Sikh community. Their is now too a shift that those weddings are moving to India (Punjab).

Any way all in all the idea is not so bad from Gen Prayuth but the logistics are the problem. After a 5 hour flight they end up in Bangkok and then they have another 2-3 hours drive to Pattaya. If they could fly to Utapao that would be a good option.

Why slag the PM off if you do you also will be having a laugh at the Yingluck failed admin---they promoted the same

The army apologist is back again with the standard reply: "Yingluck/Taksin was the same or worse".

Yes, another one mentally incapable of anything other than binary choices.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is it only me, or is this guy losing it by the minute??

Why is he loosing it?

He is only concerned that more revenue comes in Thailand for the good of his country.

Even you, should be able to understand this.

Is this intended as a serious post?

Actually a lot of countries have special charted flights for weddings, Hawaii, Hollywood, Disneyland just to name a few. and if statistics show that there are a lot of couples from India coming to Thailand to get married, then why not make such a suggestion? remember if you can afford to charter an aircraft then you can afford to stay in the best hotel for your honeymoon, and what about the families and wedding guests that will be invited? I can assure you they will be financially strong.

so it need the General to tell the people how to make bussines in thailand,

if there is money to earn i guess somebody would start this bussines before allready,

may be it would be a have a better impact in thai tourism to start a crack down against douple pricing in the public and private sector,

because if the tourist knows that he is only treaten like a cash cow and have to pay double or sometimes ten times more,

not really make him come back

Two years ago there was a TAT article on promoting Indian weddings, and a long thread of Thailand, the hub postings. This is old news, yet he says he "heard." Wonders never cease.

Why slag the PM off if you do you also will be having a laugh at the Yingluck failed admin---they promoted the same

The army apologist is back again with the standard reply: "Yingluck/Taksin was the same or worse".

You didn't even agree nor disagree. so much for your attitude no standard reply just pointing out you people shoot yourselves in the foot.

Nothing to do with your remark about (apologist) true ti was the same with the last admin---WHAT IS THE POINT of your anti PM remark then.

Two years ago there was a TAT article on promoting Indian weddings, and a long thread of Thailand, the hub postings. This is old news, yet he says he "heard." Wonders never cease.

Sorry to S##t on your cornflakes this morning, should have left all the posts to your anti PM slagging. wouldn't it be a good idea if you compared the last defunct admin to this one. This one is functioning to try to bring about change--unlike the last one-----not by any means perfect SURE---but try to be level headed.

I am just going along with the flow UNTIL the time comes when it is not trying. Unlike your clan on here, bash because you are biased.

Is it only me, or is this guy losing it by the minute??

Why is he loosing it?

He is only concerned that more revenue comes in Thailand for the good of his country.

Even you, should be able to understand this.

Is this intended as a serious post?

India had a population of 1.27 Billion in 2014, if 1% of that population decided to hold their wedding in Thailand that would boost tourism by a lot and in turn boost revenue a lot

Seems like a good idea to me but I wouldn't really expect the average TV Thai bashers to agree with anything in this country

do you know anything about India?

yes it would be a great bussines if 1% of Indian people would come to Thailand, but

1% cant afford this wedding as at a average indian wedding are more than 300 people so you need 2 plains to come to thailand and back,

and this can afford may be 200 to 500 indian people who 80% are already married, and

then Thailand is in compitition with much nicer destination for a wedding like private islands or resorts

Things are getting stranger by the day here. Thailand is facing a multitude of serious

problems, and out of the blue Prayut is worried about increasing the number of Indian

couples having weddings here. For once words have failed me......

See now this is what gets me.

There are a multitude of problems, I mean every country has its sh*t to deal with but Thailand has many a pickle at the moment. I think the general should be focusing on those things rather than promoting Indian weddings e.g. trying to chase after and extradite people in other countries for daring to think and speak freely, the sham koh tao murder case, the massive police corruption, his own boys in green now kidnapping people, has he even acknowledged that?

I will get shouted down by the cheer leaders, but some of you please refute some of the points I have made.

Agreed. Very first thing popped into my mind was 'What the h3ll is the Prime Minister of a country, self appointed or no, doing concerning himself with trivialities such as this?' Particularly in light of the other points raised in your post. Overhauling judicial system/RTP/bureaucracy ... should come first, no?

And low and behold none of the fan boys have discussed It. Ginjag is in here waving the flag. Maybe he missed my post. Ginjag would you agree that the PM has more pressing matters to adhere to? And yes I acknowledge that PTP promoted them too. Maybe One of their daughters owned a wedding company too....

Why is this a bad idea?

It's not..... but you have to admit it's quite funny, given what Thais think about Indians coffee1.gif

It's not all Of them but yes the over all view tends to be bad. Tell them that their lord Buddha was Indian and half of their culture is based off Indian culture too. Normally shuts Up The ignorant ones. Edited by lildragon

Stick to your Brainwave apologist attitude to PTP---carry on with your anti PM remarks see where it leads you---get real. Move on get out of the last regime rut.

Things are getting stranger by the day here. Thailand is facing a multitude of serious

problems, and out of the blue Prayut is worried about increasing the number of Indian

couples having weddings here. For once words have failed me......

See now this is what gets me.

There are a multitude of problems, I mean every country has its sh*t to deal with but Thailand has many a pickle at the moment. I think the general should be focusing on those things rather than promoting Indian weddings e.g. trying to chase after and extradite people in other countries for daring to think and speak freely, the sham koh tao murder case, the massive police corruption, his own boys in green now kidnapping people, has he even acknowledged that?

I will get shouted down by the cheer leaders, but some of you please refute some of the points I have made.

Agreed. Very first thing popped into my mind was 'What the h3ll is the Prime Minister of a country, self appointed or no, doing concerning himself with trivialities such as this?' Particularly in light of the other points raised in your post. Overhauling judicial system/RTP/bureaucracy ... should come first, no?

And low and behold none of the fan boys have discussed It. Ginjag is in here waving the flag. Maybe he missed my post. Ginjag would you agree that the PM has more pressing matters to adhere to? And yes I acknowledge that PTP promoted them too. Maybe One of their daughters owned a wedding company too....

I am waving no flag --the pressing matters are 1 million that was left to clear up--be reasonably sensible.--remarks like one of the fan boys is sick---only going with the flow makes me a silly "fan boy" Time the anti Pm clan posted some balanced posts.

Mine was Pretty balanced though. Some soldiers in phuket were caught kidnapping, troops for hire to do foreign gangsters dirty work. You'd of thought the PM with his background would acknowledge this and demand investigations. Seems a bit more important than promoting weddings.

If he has already acknowledged it then fair dos.

• Like 2

Stick to your Brainwave apologist attitude to PTP---carry on with your anti PM remarks see where it leads you---get real. Move on get out of the last regime rut.

Clearly the general is not the only one losing it !!

• Like 2

He's a bit behind the times I think. The Thai wedding biz has been around for quite a while already. But I suppose if a couple is willing to fork out half a million $US for a Phuket wedding, chucking in a special charter flight will give debt-ridden Thai Airways something to do.

Certainly the quality tourist Thailand needs, and if they are so rich they will not have trouble getting a visa, or get hassled at the immigration counter in front of me...

Why not give visa free travel to all Indians? Then they could all come...

There's about 500K Indians living in Thailand.

The Southern Indian Tamil Pallava traders and religious leaders travelled to Thailand and played an important role in the cultural "Indianisation" of the region.

Locally developed Pallava script induced the development of the Thai alphabet.

There you have it folks. Thai's were too lazy to even develop their own writing system, 5555

better not ask the family of the Indian couple earlier this year that was here on a honeymoon and the wife was parasailing in Phuket I think - the sail came down and the boat driver went to pick her up and killed her with the propeller blade hitting her head...I guess forgot to shut off the engine when he got close to her.... hmmm nice honeymoon

There's about 500K Indians living in Thailand.

The Southern Indian Tamil Pallava traders and religious leaders travelled to Thailand and played an important role in the cultural "Indianisation" of the region.

Locally developed Pallava script induced the development of the Thai alphabet.

There you have it folks. Thai's were too lazy to even develop their own writing system, 5555

The vast majority of writing systems were developed and influenced by more than one culture.

Not a bad idea. Just not sure why the 'supreme leader' should be the one announcing these things. I can't imagine Obama or Putin or Cameron announcing such things. Brings a whole new meaning to micromanagement ...

Edited by Docno

To the members of the Prayuth glee club here allow me a question.

In what ways has your personal life improved after the coup?

Not the big agendas like corruption, ricepledging,GDP,tourism, farmprices or "civil war".

What exactly has become so much better in your day to day life, so you blindly accept anything coming from the Master??

Just curious.

No more nightly politically motivated shootings or throwing grenades into crowds, no nut jobs blocking the centre of town, no more street thug UDD stormtroopers breaking up opposition rally's or concerts.

Yep Bangkok is back to its dull old self.

Works for me.

I don't like coups but the situation was spiralling out of control with two camps of the same elitist, self serving, political grouping not giving way or accepting compromise.

Edited by Bluespunk

Not the big agendas like corruption, ricepledging,GDP,tourism, farmprices or "civil war".

What exactly has become so much better in your day to day life, so you blindly accept anything coming from the Master??

Just curious.

I had the WORST trip to immigration in my 5 years here post coup. Thing is these visa crack downstream affect us normal folks living here. Getting the criminals out is more of the job for the police.... ah... ohh....

Looks like this nutsack has finally run out of Thaksin policies to copy.

How dare you suggest the Free Healthcare was not the generals idea??

That it had been in place for more than a decade, is a completely different matter.............coffee1.gif

Just curious.

No more nightly politically motivated shootings or throwing grenades into crowds, no nut jobs blocking the centre of town, no more street thug UDD stormtroopers breaking up opposition rally's or concerts.

Yep Bangkok is back to its dull old self.

Works for me.

I don't like coups but the situation was spiralling out of control with two camps of the same elitist, self serving, political grouping not giving way or accepting compromise.

I you live near the "warzone" I get your point!!

But I know, two of the warmest supporters of Prayuth on here live in the sticks, so I am looking forward to their replies.

"with two camps of the same elitist, selfserving, political grouping................" Spot on!!

• Like 1