Prayut suggests chartered flights to fly Indian couples to get married in Thailand

Lite Beer

Is it only me, or is this guy losing it by the minute??

Why is he loosing it?

He is only concerned that more revenue comes in Thailand for the good of his country.

Even you, should be able to understand this.

I thought he wanted quality tourists?

Not more penniless third world tourists.

The type of tourists who turn up in Thailand to get married ARE 'quality' tourists, surely ??

I agree with many posters who have said that the PM should be talking about many other more important national issues and leave these trivial matters to TAT or at worst, the tourism minister.

India now has a huge number of usd multi millionaires and many billionaires. Big fat indian weddings in Thailand have been a huge hit since last about 5yrs and increasing dramatically. Many thai based private charter aircraft companies such as M-Jets (Bill Heinecke owned) have done very well. Hua Hin, Phuket, Samuii are very popular. And from my knowledge, the primary reason that rich indians like to have their weddings here is because of excellent seamless service though several differrent companies are involved. And it is cheaper than holding it in india where you cannot get such excellent service even if you spend more.

But still, wondering why Prayuth has to talk about this in a national address? He should focus more on informing the people about progress in returning to democracy?

Many Indian millionaires and billionaires are now getting married in Thailand because its cheaper than doing it in India.

Well don't matter how much you got still nice to bag a bargin huh ?

• Like 1

I agree with many posters who have said that the PM should be talking about many other more important national issues and leave these trivial matters to TAT or at worst, the tourism minister.

India now has a huge number of usd multi millionaires and many billionaires. Big fat indian weddings in Thailand have been a huge hit since last about 5yrs and increasing dramatically. Many thai based private charter aircraft companies such as M-Jets (Bill Heinecke owned) have done very well. Hua Hin, Phuket, Samuii are very popular. And from my knowledge, the primary reason that rich indians like to have their weddings here is because of excellent seamless service though several differrent companies are involved. And it is cheaper than holding it in india where you cannot get such excellent service even if you spend more.

But still, wondering why Prayuth has to talk about this in a national address? He should focus more on informing the people about progress in returning to democracy?

Many Indian millionaires and billionaires are now getting married in Thailand because its cheaper than doing it in India.

Well don't matter how much you got still nice to bag a bargin huh ?

Some rich people know how to bag a bargain. That might be how they manage to stay rich !!

:)

http://post.jagran.com/thailand-a-major-destination-for-indian-tourists-1357792756

"Coimbatore: Thailand, a major destination for Indian tourists, has recently turned into a preferred nation for Indians to get married, in true Indian tradition and style, a top official claimed on Wednesday.

To prove his point, Sethaphan Buddhani, Director, Tourism Authority of Thailand (TAT) claimed that over 100 Indian couples chose to get married in Thailand during the last 12 months alone."

Been there done that.

Indian weddings in Thailand have been popular for years already. No need to fly in the Indians as they are already rich as hell spending at least 10mb to 100mb for their multi day celebrations. The Lord is very slow in his thinking as usual.

Most of the qualified hotels and resorts are already at full capacity on dates so it's pointless.

I think General should spend one week working with Indian tourists and then let him make the same statement

It's insane that he would make such a statement when so many establishments in thailand have totally banned indian tourists or rather anyone that looks indian due to their shenneigans.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why is he loosing it?

He is only concerned that more revenue comes in Thailand for the good of his country.

I think the general's odd pronouncement just makes him look a little sillier than he already does, but many - millions - of Indians are far, far from penniless.

seriously? Indians are rich?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Why is he loosing it?

I think the general's odd pronouncement just makes him look a little sillier than he already does, but many - millions - of Indians are far, far from penniless.

seriously? Indians are rich?

Google Forbes Richest Indian list ...you may be surprised at how well they have been hiding money right under your noses

God help the west if they continue to think Indians or Chinese are poor