ThaiVisa Poster of the Year 2014 Vote Now!

smokie36

629 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favourite poster of 2014?.....Vote now!

• Costas
    • David48
    • Jingthing
    • NancyL

This poll is closed to new votes

Lots of people pay lots of money to have the best matress in the world. Buy a crappy cheapy one and your back and hips will not like you.

Go for the best that you can afford. It may seem expensive now, but in five or ten years you will still be sleeping like a kitten.

I wouldn't go cheap ... but frankly I don't think you need to spend a fortune either.

The one I have now which is still super comfortable after 10 years was about 25K "promotion price" back then.

I'm still choosing between two choices at Index, both about 30K baht "promotion price."

One has made in USA pocket springs inside with a thin layer of foam on top, and one is all latex foam, no springs.

I have never bought a no spring bed but I'm leaning towards that one on the theory that the material in there is less likely to have "tropical" issues like happened with my current mattress.

Yes, it's firm, but I like firm and my current mattress is firm so I should be able to handle it.

Heaven forbid we should cry 'now, back on topic' laugh.png

• Like 2

Lots of people pay lots of money ..

I wouldn't go cheap ...

Back on topic ...

Well both Costas and I have been 'becalmed'.

No idea about Nancy.

SailingIntoTheStorm.jpg

Jingthing is sailing along and has the spinnaker up, but he worries about an impending storm and wave front that could arrive tomorrow.

storm-2-350x.png

Currently his Crew is preparing the Storm Sails.

Edited by David48
  • Like 1

Lots of people pay lots of money to have the best matress in the world. Buy a crappy cheapy one and your back and hips will not like you.

Go for the best that you can afford. It may seem expensive now, but in five or ten years you will still be sleeping like a kitten.

I wouldn't go cheap ... but frankly I don't think you need to spend a fortune either.

The one I have now which is still super comfortable after 10 years was about 25K "promotion price" back then.

I'm still choosing between two choices at Index, both about 30K baht "promotion price."

One has made in USA pocket springs inside with a thin layer of foam on top, and one is all latex foam, no springs.

I have never bought a no spring bed but I'm leaning towards that one on the theory that the material in there is less likely to have "tropical" issues like happened with my current mattress.

Yes, it's firm, but I like firm and my current mattress is firm so I should be able to handle it.

Actually, ten years isn't an especially short life span for a mattress here, considering the heat and humidity. I doubt you keep the bedroom aircon running 24/7

• Like 1

where the whambam and david48?

all quiet for them.. before they always together here like friends.

Maybe nows they paint together for the room clap2.gifcheesy.gif

I was spending quality time split between my g/f and the football.

There IS life outside of ThaiVisa rolleyes.gif

But you not paint for the room? I think nice blue colour - boy paint is blue no, pink girl.

I see twins once nakkid, boy . not girl.

Blue paint. good. for the room. Big strong blue for the room.

Sishe im starting to sound like a rather bob marley fan. put da instead of the.

The only painting I do here in Thailand, Patsycat, is painting the town red.

Now the, if you want to talk of painting rooms and colours, you need to talk to David48 who is painting the room(s) for the kids.

Not that I think you might have had a beer or two patsy burp.gif to think it is me doing the painting...... ermm.gif

Actually, ten years isn't an especially short life span for a mattress here, considering the heat and humidity. I doubt you keep the bedroom aircon running 24/7

You got it right.

I've got sea breezes, an overhead fan, and I hardly run the aircon all.

I know some people will think it is out of thrift.

Thrifty is nifty but I decided when I moved here to try out acclimatizing myself and it worked brilliantly.

Of course, at movie theaters I'm freezing.

• Like 1

Just goin' with the flowin' my dudes and dudesses as others have gone all "folksy" with their true home stories of derring-do ...

post-37101-0-53726300-1419849687_thumb.gclick me if you dare

Now what I'd really love to see now is grand satire master COSTAS take on my "Shopping For Mattresses" post and do the Full Monty Lampooning job on it like he likes to do.

I can't speak for others desire to be lampooned by such a true artiste we are privileged to have in our midst though, but speaking for myself I consider it as a high form of FLATTERY.

More, COSTAS, I want more!

Luv ya Costas! The member with the Mostas. wub.pngpost-37101-0-68387200-1419849516_thumb.j

Edited by Jingthing

Well it is off to the Hobbit with two precocious 7 year olds, it will need more than a Mithril Dwarf Coat to keep me safe!

And remember, whatever mattress you buy, the bed you make is the one you have to lie in.

Moss von Slumberlandski

Reminds me of my old Grandpa addressing me when my long hippie hair was down to my ass comparing me to his other grandkids with the snazzy internships:

Good luck.

You're gonna need it!

Well it is off to the Hobbit with two precocious 7 year olds, it will need more than a Mithril Dwarf Coat to keep me safe!

And remember, whatever mattress you buy, the bed you make is the one you have to lie in.

Moss von Slumberlandski

Apparently, it is the best of the three.

Epic battle scenes.

So after 132 pages, the update is this...

Jingthing just bought a new mattress.

Actually, I have not bought it yet.

I've narrowed it down to two or possibly three choices from Index Living Mall.

Their "promotion" is good through January so no pressure!

ot comment remvd.

Edited by krisb

I was told latex topped mattresses and pillows are not good because they soak up oils and body sweat*

Mattress guy told me this when we got a new one a few months back.

(*sorry for putting you off dinner)

I'm leaning towards the one without a foam layer but 100 percent latex foam with a bamboo fabric encasement. Also will top with a "protector" so not really too worried. Condom for the mattress, as it were.

I was told latex topped mattresses and pillows are not good because they soak up oils and body sweat*

Mattress guy told me this when we got a new one a few months back.

(*sorry for putting you off dinner)

I'm leaning towards the one without a foam layer but 100 percent latex foam with a bamboo fabric encasement. Also will top with a "protector" so not really too worried. Condom for the mattress, as it were.

Ya we have to have a mattress protector.

I got so drunk one time I pissed the bed.

• Like 1

Just these 4 muppets? Who was in charge of the selection process?

Your name was suggested ... a few of your OP's were perused.

There was a little schoolboy sniggering heard in the Library.

The Headmaster yelled ... NEXT.

Thus, consideration of the ultimate weapon a genuine POTY was sunk before it was launched.

• Like 1

Not yet...............coffee1.gif ...............He's wondering whether to risk his neck to save 5 baht to cross a busy dual carriageway to place an order........rolleyes.gif ................w00t.gif

• Like 1

Not yet...............coffee1.gif ...............He's wondering whether to risk his neck to save 5 baht to cross a busy dual carriageway to place an order........rolleyes.gif ................w00t.gif

Tie it to the roof of a baht bus.

• Like 2