Inquest of Derby man found dead in Koh Tao

PREM-R

I cought that too about the 50m drop.

Would love to hear AleG's explaination of this one.

But... he is part of the cover up conspiracists,

and possibly does have an agenda, being one of the JD boy's.

The family want's cooperation from the RTP, and from Thailand itself.

Tell me AleG,.......what is wrong with that?

Nothing wrong with the family's request, something very wrong with the people that see a conspiracy everywhere and can't be bothered with facts.

What most people do not know is that those 3 islands where once inhabitated by pirates, what's there now are descendants. So there's whole lot of foreigners unwittingly holidaying in a snake pit.

What about Australia? What is the base of the colonial stock there?

Agree, but the article is not about australia is it?

Agree, but it isn't about the ancestors of the people that lived there once is it? Or are you working in genetics and trying to prove a point?

• Like 1

Sadly the more one reads and hears concerning KohTao the more one gets the feeling that something is not right.Strange deaths that are passed off as, or regarded as accidental.Murder investigations that are totally flawed etc etc

Why does there seem to be an ongoing cover up ?

There seems to be no regard for the rule of law and order on the island or is it the fact there is no law and order on the island which seems to be in a state of anarchy.

There appears to be total silence from the islands political team, council and the police and business and medical community who all seem to be somewhat inept ,corrupt.

Lies and deceit seem to be the norm, why are there no comments from the residents both Thai and foreign.It would seem a possibility that a solo killer, a psychopath or the possibility a group of violent characters roaming around the island bent on violence and subsequent death, again not necessarily 100% Thai in its make up either.

The island seems to be a snake pit of violence corruption lies and deceit, yet we still see posters spring to the defense of the island .Indeed one is left to speculate why there is such support ans ongoing denials of the truth on this island.

Perhaps a clean out of the administration team and what passes as the police farce force on this island may well be in order if in fact not long overdue.

Or maybe this death was an accident; drunk person falls of a cliff is not exactly a far fetched scenario, is it?

The RTP covering things up is hardly a far fetched scenario either is it ?

Wasn't it said by the UK coroner that there was very little sign of bleeding?

well i wouldnt send the british police over they lost their balls

maybe ask myanmmar for help

Did the FBI, Homeland Security, CIA, State police or local Sheriffs dept all pitch up when the American citizens were killed by a Samurai Taxi driver or a Band on an island? Or the AFP, FSP or Bundespolizei or Gendarmerie nip over to sort things for their citizens?

Myanmmar police are about the same as the RTP according to all by Burmese friends, only even more politically controlled.

Don't be a dick - understand how policing actually works.

• Like 1

Maybe I'm the only one who actually read the article. The pathologists said he had a blood alcohol level over 230mg/l . The drunk driving limit in the UK is 80 mg/l so she says.

He was pretty wasted by any measure.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that he was just plain wasted and fell down the cliff??

Why do we keep seeing conspiracy theories instead of looking at the hard rational facts.

Young people get drunk/stoned and through whatever mechanism of misadventure unfortunately end up dead.

I'm the first to admit, 'there goes I but for the Grace of God',...etc that I made it through to a mature life...though I am puzzled how sometimes due some of the sh!t I did in a younger life.

And I guess many TV members will concur.

• Like 1

Any word from the British Embassy on this spate of deaths? Or couldn't they be contacted out on the golf course.

Regular warnings are published but no one bothers to read them until 10 minutes after they needed to.

Edited by evadgib

Met a Brit at Abu Dhabi airport yesterday. In Thailand for an 18 day holiday on his own, mid 20's. Most of his time is split between Koh Samui and Koh Tao. He's an expat working in the UAE which is one of the safest countries I know. This is his first visit to Thailand.

I hope I don't read about him like this.

Maybe I'm the only one who actually read the article. The pathologists said he had a blood alcohol level over 230mg/l . The drunk driving limit in the UK is 80 mg/l so she says.

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that he was just plain wasted and fell down the cliff??

Why do we keep seeing conspiracy theories instead of looking at the hard rational facts.

Young people get drunk/stoned and through whatever mechanism of misadventure unfortunately end up dead.

I'm the first to admit, 'there goes I but for the Grace of God',...etc that I made it through to a mature life...though I am puzzled how sometimes due some of the sh!t I did in a younger life.

Best time to do some one in when they're drunk. What are you suggesting, that the drunk are invincible, that being drunk and getting murdered can't happen on the same night? Why be so one dimensional?

Edited by lil fluffy clouds
  • Like 1

I don't know the meter-age but the resort is way up on a steep hill. And there are rocks below any points at which one could fall into the sea.

And no getting around that he was last seen going to bed, and that there is no place near his cabin from which he could have fallen into the sea, nor any known reason why he would have gotten out of bed and walked down to a place where a fall would be possible.

None of us know what actually happened, whether it was a freak accident or foul play. But it is clear that the circumstances warranted a thorough police investigation. That this did not occur is, I think, the basis for the parents distrust and complaint.

With your diplomatic response, you will still be labelled as a conspiracy theorist by the 4.

Along with everybody else that has any questions about this death.

Edited by dcutman
  • Like 2

This was the guy, who according to the RTP fell of a cliff 50 meters into sea and drowned.

Despite the 50 meter fall, there was not a scratch on his body!!

Another fine piece of investigative work by the RTP!!

Or in other words, another case of sweeping under the carpet, what really happened!!

So there is a cover-up because he had no "scratches", OK.

From the article you didn't even bother to read:

"He said: “There were some bruises on his face. He could have fell, bumped, or been assaulted. From a pathologist’s point of view, his injuries are not from an assault but I can’t rule it out.”

He said a lot of the injuries had occurred after his death."

"He said a lot of the injuries had occurred after his death". Which might lead some people to ask if he was thrown off of a cliff after death to make it look like an accident

• Like 2

Best time to do some one in when they're drunk. What are you suggesting, that the drunk are invincible, that being drunk and getting murdered can't happen on the same night? Why be so one dimensional?

I'll leave the best time to murder someone thing up to you.

I have no knowledge of either the best time or physiological condition to do the heinous deed. I don't watch a lot of television.

What I do know is human nature.

It would not at all surprise me if the young man went to bed..as said by his father..and then decided to go and party again. I would.

And then consequently fell down the cliff.

It's not hard to do in unfamiliar territory, especially drunk.

Almost did it myself on my bucks night..Only fell 5 meters thank god...could have been fatal though. The drop was a lot more than 50m overall.

Don't forget a 50m cliff doesn't imply a sheer drop.

Just fall and bounce, which I understand is consistent with the British pathologists report.

Not all of our little darlings are really little darlings we think they are away from home.

• Like 1

Sadly the more one reads and hears concerning KohTao the more one gets the feeling that something is not right.Strange deaths that are passed off as, or regarded as accidental.Murder investigations that are totally flawed etc etc

Why does there seem to be an ongoing cover up ?

There seems to be no regard for the rule of law and order on the island or is it the fact there is no law and order on the island which seems to be in a state of anarchy.

There appears to be total silence from the islands political team, council and the police and business and medical community who all seem to be somewhat inept ,corrupt.

Lies and deceit seem to be the norm, why are there no comments from the residents both Thai and foreign.It would seem a possibility that a solo killer, a psychopath or the possibility a group of violent characters roaming around the island bent on violence and subsequent death, again not necessarily 100% Thai in its make up either.

The island seems to be a snake pit of violence corruption lies and deceit, yet we still see posters spring to the defense of the island .Indeed one is left to speculate why there is such support ans ongoing denials of the truth on this island.

Perhaps a clean out of the administration team and what passes as the police farce force on this island may well be in order if in fact not long overdue.

Or maybe this death was an accident; drunk person falls of a cliff is not exactly a far fetched scenario, is it?

50m fall and only some bruises to his face, not anywhere else and not any broken bones. Amazing!

Yes very amazing seeing as he would have hit the ground at approx 90km/hr assuming he didn't hit anything on the way down

His body was found in the sea. Maybe he'd fallen into the sea rather than onto land? Would there be any injury from falling into the sea rather than hitting nthe ground?

Hitting water at circa 90km/hr is like hitting concrete anyway

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that he was just plain wasted and fell down the cliff??..

The problem is that he was seen entering his cabin and going to bed, and the cabin was located nowhere near any point that he could have fallen into the water. He would have to have for some reason gotten up, gone out and walked a long distance, in the middle of the night, down many steep stairs, past the pool area, to have fallen into the water. No one saw him do this, and none of the friends and family with him could think of any reason why he would do that. They also report him to be coherent, despite having had much to drink, and certainly not being so drunk as to go stumbling about with no purpose.

His hat, which he never went outside without wearing (sensitive about early baldness) was still in the cabin. So was his money and his phone, both of which he would be expected to take with him if he for some unknown reason he had gotten out of bed and gone out later on. It would be unlike him to go out on his own without calling the friends who were staying in the adjacent cabin. This is not to say it is impossible, but it is odd/ out of character.

To get to near where one could fall into the water, he would have to walk down to the pool area (quite a distance down many rickety steps). Yet no-one, staff or other residents (at a crowded resort -- this was New Years) saw him come that way.

Friends who were with him found what looked like it might be drag marks in the grass around the cabin's balcony when they searched the next morning. Not sure that this was what they were of course, but that is what it looked like to them. Unfortunately police declined to examine this or even go to his cabin.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility, but it is hard given the specific circumstances to imagine a scenario in which an accidental fall all the way into the sea was likely. Maybe it happened, but given the circumstances there was certainly reason to consider and investigate the possibility of foul play.

The problem is that he was seen entering his cabin and going to bed, and the cabin was located nowhere near any point that he could have fallen into the water.

Why is that a problem? According to the Derby Telegraph his father walked him back (from a restaurant where the rest of the family and friends where present) to his cabin, at 1am in the morning and making sure he went to bed. It was reported that he was nearly 3 times above the limit as far as alcohol is concerned when driving in the UK, which means he must have been drunk. Otherwise I don’t think that fathers in Europe accompany there 25 year old sons to their rooms and make sure they go to bed.

Is it so far fetched that he might have got up again after the father returned to the rest of the family and that he might have had an accident? Nothing is said about the friends and family and how much alcohol they had consumed and how reliable their testimonies have been. One paper reports he was last seen at 2am in the morning the other says it was 1am when the father got him into bed.

The pathologists says that most of the injuries have occurred after death (coroner came to the conclusion he drowned) and the place below the cabins in the sea is covered with large rocks and a body drifting in the water and pushed against the rocks certainly will incur bruises and cuts. Nothing strange about it but it can’t be true because as the Thai experts already have concluded, he was murdered and after that beaten up, which doesn’t make any sense at all.

I'll leave the best time to murder someone thing up to you.

I have no knowledge of either the best time or physiological condition to do the heinous deed. I don't watch a lot of television.

What I do know is human nature.

It would not at all surprise me if the young man went to bed..as said by his father..and then decided to go and party again. I would.

And then consequently fell down the cliff.

It's not hard to do in unfamiliar territory, especially drunk.

Almost did it myself on my bucks night..Only fell 5 meters thank god...could have been fatal though. The drop was a lot more than 50m overall.

Don't forget a 50m cliff doesn't imply a sheer drop.

Just fall and bounce, which I understand is consistent with the British pathologists report.

Not all of our little darlings are really little darlings we think they are away from home.

One does not need to have the psychcology of an assasin or to watch movies(neither one do I engage in), to understand that a drunk man is much more vulnerable than a sober man. Edited by lil fluffy clouds

Is it beyond the realms of possibility that he was just plain wasted and fell down the cliff??..

The problem is that he was seen entering his cabin and going to bed, and the cabin was located nowhere near any point that he could have fallen into the water. He would have to have for some reason gotten up, gone out and walked a long distance, in the middle of the night, down many steep stairs, past the pool area, to have fallen into the water. No one saw him do this, and none of the friends and family with him could think of any reason why he would do that. They also report him to be coherent, despite having had much to drink, and certainly not being so drunk as to go stumbling about with no purpose.

His hat, which he never went outside without wearing (sensitive about early baldness) was still in the cabin. So was his money and his phone, both of which he would be expected to take with him if he for some unknown reason he had gotten out of bed and gone out later on. It would be unlike him to go out on his own without calling the friends who were staying in the adjacent cabin. This is not to say it is impossible, but it is odd/ out of character.

To get to near where one could fall into the water, he would have to walk down to the pool area (quite a distance down many rickety steps). Yet no-one, staff or other residents (at a crowded resort -- this was New Years) saw him come that way.

Friends who were with him found what looked like it might be drag marks in the grass around the cabin's balcony when they searched the next morning. Not sure that this was what they were of course, but that is what it looked like to them. Unfortunately police declined to examine this or even go to his cabin.

It is not beyond the realm of possibility, but it is hard given the specific circumstances to imagine a scenario in which an accidental fall all the way into the sea was likely. Maybe it happened, but given the circumstances there was certainly reason to consider and investigate the possibility of foul play.

The family is of course entitled to ask for an investigation, I have no illusions that influential people in Koh Tao would prefer to keep deaths, accidental or otherwise, as hushed as possible, the careless paradise island image sells after all.

Having said that you'd be amazed at the number of patched up young tourists that can be seen leaving the island on the main pier; first time I went there I made the comment that it looked like we were waiting for a hospital ship rather than a ferry; I believe most of the injuries are from motorbike accidents.

The problem is that he was seen entering his cabin and going to bed, and the cabin was located nowhere near any point that he could have fallen into the water.

Why is that a problem? According to the Derby Telegraph his father walked him back (from a restaurant where the rest of the family and friends where present) to his cabin, at 1am in the morning and making sure he went to bed. It was reported that he was nearly 3 times above the limit as far as alcohol is concerned when driving in the UK, which means he must have been drunk. Otherwise I don’t think that fathers in Europe accompany there 25 year old sons to their rooms and make sure they go to bed.

Is it so far fetched that he might have got up again after the father returned to the rest of the family and that he might have had an accident? Nothing is said about the friends and family and how much alcohol they had consumed and how reliable their testimonies have been. One paper reports he was last seen at 2am in the morning the other says it was 1am when the father got him into bed.

The pathologists says that most of the injuries have occurred after death (coroner came to the conclusion he drowned) and the place below the cabins in the sea is covered with large rocks and a body drifting in the water and pushed against the rocks certainly will incur bruises and cuts. Nothing strange about it but it can’t be true because as the Thai experts already have concluded, he was murdered and after that beaten up, which doesn’t make any sense at all.

Tracy said “Even in our shock and grief we knew it did not add up, he would never have gone swimming along and if he had fallen from his bungalow his body would have stopped on the rocks or been badly injured, it did not look as if he had been in the water for hours, there was still dried blood on his body” She told reporters that the police did not look in his room or seem to conduct any real investigation into his death. She also said that he had met a girl that he liked and wondered if that had in some way caused offence.

An autopsy back in the UK revealed that Nick had drowned but had no broken bones that seemed strange if he had fallen 50 meters, the postmortem said that it was possible he was attacked before drowning. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/767273-parents-of-nick-pearson-convinced-their-sons-death-on-koh-tao-was-murder

The culprits behind this murder (IMO) could very well be the same, who killed Hannah and David!!

And no, they are not from Myanmar!!

There is not proof that this was a murder... it seems to be more of a case of too much to drink and had an accident. Accidents happen, even to falang on holidays who might, or might not, be a little too tipsy and or exhausted.

There is not evidence that the Hannah and David case is connected to this incident. facepalm.gif

well i wouldnt send the british police over they lost their balls

maybe ask myanmmar for help

Did the FBI, Homeland Security, CIA, State police or local Sheriffs dept all pitch up when the American citizens were killed by a Samurai Taxi driver or a Band on an island? Or the AFP, FSP or Bundespolizei or Gendarmerie nip over to sort things for their citizens?

Myanmmar police are about the same as the RTP according to all by Burmese friends, only even more politically controlled.

Don't be a dick - understand how policing actually works.

and how is that then? invited over to oversee then hide behind diplomatic skirts? is that how policing works?

Edited by ColdSingha