Swedish youth jumps to death

Lite Beer

These days Sweden is politically correct to the extreme and everything is forbidden. It is to an extent that the other scandinavian countries do not know whether to laugh or cry.

You haven't a clue what you're talking about.

Swedes have one of the highest standards of living

in the world and are a pretty content bunch overall

Rated no. 6 in world's happiest countries by Forbes.

How does a high standard of living contradict anything I said? Are you even scandinavian?

Try reading newspapers from Swedens neighbours and you will see that there are daily articles about new swedish legislation banning something or swedish politicians outraged about something that Swedens neighbours, and most of the world, consider completely harmless.

Edited by monkeycountry
  • Like 1

So a 49 year old Brit picked him up from Kao San road ? And who is John Christian ? Could be more to this story.

More to this story? Who is John Christian? John Christian was his friend, that's who he is. He'd been in touch with the lads parents as so they could come and help get him home. Good grief what is wrong with you?

• Like 1

Way to much speculation here. Way too much insensitivity IMHO.

It's enough to just feel bad for the young man, his friends and relatives.

RIP young man.

Surely possibly the most well said and correct post in the whole thread so-far! Pardon my grammar but you know what I mean!

Edited by fishhooks
  • Like 1

Feel sorry for this young man and his family. Wish them well.

There's one statement in the latest article though that I don't quite understand.

"police found the body of Jens Viktor Bengtsson, 24, in a neighbouring house."

Will not speculate but think this part of the story needs a little further explanation.

>>police found the body of Jens Viktor Bengtsson, 24, in a neighbouring house."

Will not speculate but think this part of the story needs a little further explanation.<<

Simple ,if he jumped from the 13 th floor ,chances are that he would end up on a neighboring house roof or garden .

Thailand is beautiful.however its almost impossible having a REAL friendship with a thai,i dont know why but thats it.party mates of course yes,girlfriends,wifes....but real friends definitely not or very rare

but let guys like the swedish living the dream before they come back home,sooner or later..and not really missing anything

Edited by kaobang
  • Like 1

This thread is so full of prejudiced and spiteful conjecture, it is horrid.

what do you want us to do say nothing not guess at anything? just the facts as stated in the article?

thailand is going to get lonely guys anyhow dont need glasses to see that

couple that with hookers and the games they play, drinking and holidays, a young ego that may not have the experience of age and its often a recipe for disaster.

Edited by fey

Suspect the autopsy will state the body hit the ground at a high rate of knots, causing much bruising, broken bones and little chance of bringing him back to a breathing state, rip young man.

horrible and insensitive post - get some HUMANITY the guy's dead? RIP

Edited by binjalin

It seems like many men from western countries feel very alone in BKK. More then they would feel alone in let's say Paris, Tokio or Rio - even if they were guests there. Why is that? Maybe because Thais are even more xenophoic? Or because white men think they could easily have a nice girlfriend in Bangkok, but it turns out that a thai "girlfriend" is not the same as a french, swedish or german girlfriend? To be honest, I speak fluent thai, but I feel often lost in BKK. Better move to smaller cities (HuaHin, Rayong, KhonKaen....). You can meet nice people there ore maybe find some help before you jump off the balcony.

You are of course entitled to you sentiments - but the young man from Sweden seems to have jumped to his death because his parents wanted to take him back to Sweden where girlfriends are not the same as Thai.

These days Sweden is politically correct to the extreme and everything is forbidden. It is to an extent that the other scandinavian countries do not know whether to laugh or cry.

How does a high standard of living contradict anything I said? Are you even scandinavian?

Try reading newspapers from Swedens neighbours and you will see that there are daily articles about new swedish legislation banning something or swedish politicians outraged about something that Swedens neighbours, and most of the world, consider completely harmless.

Absolutely correct.... I lived in scandinavia for many, many years and didn't see much happiness

Absolutely correct, I lived in scandinavia for many, many years and didn't see much happiness..

• Like 1

From the information provided he clearly seemed to have mental health problems. He may have been delusional. Quite likely he did not have a grasp on reality. So that needs to be considered before passing harsh judgement on him.

Its true - Bangkok is a dark place for expats - Its not easy to meet people here (good people) unless you have a job in a public sector, have enough money to go out every weekend and avoid falling for the wrong types. And those people you do meet often dont stay here very long. Its a place that is addictive to stay because there seems to be so much going on and so much possibility. But in reality you can feel quite detached very quickly and it takes a great deal of independence and solitary acceptance to last here a long time. That or you get lucky and meet a nice GENUINE partner. Which isnt easy around soi 13...

• Like 1

This is a very tragic end for this young man, and at 24, he must have had some

serious issues to jump and end his life. I feel very sad for his parents

and relatives and friends. The song, One night in Bangkok, has some words

of wisdom and talks of the old Bangkok of several years ago, but I still

believe in the words, that it makes a young man humble. Can't be too careful with

your company. RIP.

Stargeezer