" E Visa "

Anybody familiar with educational ( e -visas ) ??? I live in Rayong province . currently using tourist visas. I understand that in return for a minumum of about 2 hours study per week ( learning Thai for example ) and fees to a participating school / immigration , its now possible to get a one -year visa with no requirements to leave the country for border runs. I'm curious to know more ... very little by way of info on the government site.

From Immigration Web Site:

Documents for the application for further stay to study / work in Private Education Institutes.

Required Documents

In case of student

Immigration Form 7 (Tor Mor 7)

Copy of passport

A 4 cm. X 6 cm. Photograph

1,900 baht application fee

A certified document from the governor of the province in which the Private Educational Institute is located or from the Government Department or equivalent that takes care of the institute, document must contain details about the applicant:

Name, Family name

Nationality

Passport number

Total academic years - curriculum - funding

Education transcript of the applicant - length of further stay

School license (Sor Shor 2)

The Permit / certificate to be school manager (Sor Shor 5) or Principal (Sor Shor 8)

The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary

In case of instructor

Immigration form 7 (Tor Mor 7)

Copy of passport

A 4 cm. X 6 cm. Photograph

1,900 baht application fee

Work / Employment Contract

Education background, degrees of diploma of the foreign national

Teacher license (Sor Shor 11)

Teaching permit (Sor Shor 19)

School license (Sor Shor 2)

The Permit / certificate to be school manager (Sor Shor 5) or Principal (Sor Shor 8)

A certified document from the governor of the province in which the Private Education Institute is located or from the Government Department or equivalent that takes care of the institute

The document must contain details about the applicant:

Name, Last name

Nationality

Number of passport

Position

Length of teaching

Salary rate

Work Permit or document showing the acceptance of the request for working permission

When applying for further stay next year, evidence of income tax payment (Por Ngor Dor 91) of the previous year is required.

In case of having dependents (husband / wife, children), the certified document from the applicant accompanied with evidence showing their relationship with the applicant is required. All documents in other languages must be translated into Thai and certified by the embassy or Consulate of the foreign national(s).

The officials reserve the rights to examine or ask for additional documents if necessary.

Note

For more information, please call 0-2213-2556

Anybody familiar with educational ( e -visas ) ??? I live in Rayong province . currently using tourist visas. I understand that in return for a minumum of about 2 hours study per week ( learning Thai for example ) and fees to a participating school / immigration , its now possible to get a one -year visa with no requirements to leave the country for border runs. I'm curious to know more ... very little by way of info on the government site.

I have an 'ED' visa, but I am studying full-time which means 6 hours a day, four to five days a week at a government university in a degree program. I would guess that it is entirely up to the authorities in chagre whether your study program qualifies you for this visa or not. I applied to the university from the US and received a letter from the director stating that I was accepted. I used that letter to obtain the ED visa in Los Angeles, CA. It is also possible to change an existing visa to an ED visa if you're already in Thailand. Follow the same procedure and take the documents to the immigration department. They will then ammend your status.

A few hours a week studying Thai at Somchai's Language Center is probably not going to cut it. It is entirely up to the Higher Ups though.