Peanut Oil

longball53098

Anyone seen this (see photo) or any brand peanut oil in Ban Chang or the area. This bottle was purchased at the Tesco Lotus store in central Rayong on Sukumvit. I was there last week and nothing on the shelves as usual. Must be out of stock and god knows when they will get. This 1 liter bottle of premium imported chinese oil was almost 300 baht.

I use this for making my popcorn so one bottle lasts quite a while.

post-20917-0-16659700-1419127624_thumb.j

Don't know about where you are but down here we buy it from villa market. They have all kinds of oils and do sell a couple different bottles of peanut oil. Expensive thiugh @ 500+ baht! I Don't know a out you but, for me, it's not really what I know of peanut oil. We used to live ina country that producex it's own peanut (groundnut) oil and the smell from the factory was fantastic. We used to get the fresh peanut oil from the market and it was unbeleivable stuff, great taste and smell and wired out less that 50 baht a liter!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Peanut oil has been located and purchased.

An email was sent to Villa Markets offices and a response was they stock Crisco peanut oil in a 750 ml bottle. Price is 445 baht

Friend of mine went to Villa Pattaya yesterday and bought 2 bottles for me. This amount of oil should do me for about a year. Only use it for making a pot of popcorn

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Peanut oil has been located and purchased.

An email was sent to Villa Markets offices and a response was they stock Crisco peanut oil in a 750 ml bottle. Price is 445 baht

Friend of mine went to Villa Pattaya yesterday and bought 2 bottles for me. This amount of oil should do me for about a year. Only use it for making a pot of popcorn

Well done, mate. Because of your post, I did a run to Villa an hour ago and got a bottle - I like it for my home-made peanut butter, but I'll try it on popcorn as well. It's almost impossible to get in Thailand, and I've been looking for ages. Once again, thanks.

Wit.